• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:34 PM

Very interesting :)
The best buy/sell signals are when both MA's are in the same direction and the 8 MA's crosses above/below the middle BB line.
ExitLong and ExitShort when you have a simple cross of the two MA's
A Big Short Move is expected when the 8 MA is crossing above the Higher Band (better if you had previous higher lows or double bottoms on the 8 MA's)

Posted Image

Albert

Swiss,

you can always refer to this as the .."Dev CPC" chart.

watson,
No real need for the CPCE
I've seen it and decide to use the CPC instead..for good reason, it works

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#22 Laoya

Laoya

• Traders-Talk User
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:02 PM

Mr.Dev, Nice one and thanks for sharing! :)

#23 Getting-Smarter

Getting-Smarter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:58 PM

B) Dev

I am new to board, been perusing awhile. I am curious about your $cpc chart. I dont quite understand the moves you make off this. I made my own chart and havent yet figured out how to post as each forum different. You used two charts, one with 8 and 18 ma and one with 21 ma. Which is best to use for major tops/bottoms only? You have on this chart several green spots and I am assuming each is an additional buy point?

Thanks....appreciate your time.

Here is a small CPC chart below with just a 21 ma. for a guided preview to what your chart should look like.

The chart works on an inverse relation,..the lows on the chart are highs for the market ..and visa versa.

You can see as even the 21 moved back inside the bolli back in Aug (which I caught and flipped at 10:45am
the morning of the reversal day)it told us a momentum low was in for the markets.

Earlier see the momentum in price that picked up as it moved outside the bollis...in July which told us we could trade into a

momentum short position.

At this time the 21 is about to move back into the Bolli as it signals a momentum high is nearing it's end.

This is much different than a standard looking CPC chart....don't you agree.?

It carries much more meaniing.

Posted Image

Thanks for posting. I don't see much statistical significance however. Have you ever backtested this
idea more than a few months? There are times when patterns work, but they tend to fizzle out. An
edge that has withstood the test of time is more likely to work in the future.

My COT stuff is nicely bullish here for the IT.

D