• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 10:05 AM

The disappointing February employment report pushed out the likelihood of an interest rake hike from August (was a nearly 100% probability according to the federal funds rates) to September (now a 60% likelihood for a 25 basis point increase)... This has provided a floor of support to the market, knowing that the FOMC will maintain its accommodative policy over the intermediate-term which should keep the trading environment favorable for equities

#12 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 10:45 AM

stockbucks, good trade on BGO! I can't remember the others. scott

#13 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 10:50 AM

others are gss,drooy,gfi,hmy,kgc,gfi,hl,cde,ssri,paas kinda dabating on whether the downtrend line resistance (from the Jan. and Feb. highs) on the xau/hui are acting as a selling point or a potential break out point soon. if it can't break above it soon then i may sell the everything. :P

#14 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:11 AM

my secret accumulation indicator is still showing negative divergence and is still below zero on most gold stocks. I really don't feel like sitting thru a short over the weekend. Who wants to be short with the dollar weak and potential turmoil over the weekend leads me to think there will be a positve bias into the close. Scott :unsure:

#15 PMILLY

PMILLY

• Traders-Talk User
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:31 AM

Agree with hiker and skott that might be better to wait until next week before taking any short positions. I also do not like to sit with short gold positions over the weekend. Who knows what can happen? :( Pmilly

#16 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:40 AM

xau/hui not moving any higher so i sold half my positions, will decide later on the rest if the HUI drops below +4. SilentOne...whatsssaaappppp :P :lol: or anyone else think the xau/hui could break above their downtrend line resistance from the jan/feb highs? or it's a selling point? i can't tell and my indicators has turned neutral...i hate it when it can't decide :angry:

#17 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:49 AM

TT
You might take a look at this, FWIW
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#18 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:54 AM

makes sense, mss....thanks.

#19 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:57 AM

thanks MSS...i'll just watch for now until HUI drops below +4 or later on what the heck just sell some more :D

#20 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:59 PM

Hi Stockbucks,

Watch silver, a strong break of $7.00 and good bye. I'm really bullish silver. Own a wack of microcaps, CEF and gold and silver bullion. I think this move is going to surprise many.

Silver

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain