Jobs report and gold

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 01:07 PM

I am pretty sure I know what my plan is for early next week and I am pretty darn confident it will be a profitable trade minimum 2-3% and maybe much more . what happens by mid to the end of next week will determine my outlook for the intermediate term. I will post as I make the trades,,,assuming I have time. scott

#22 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 01:49 PM

thanks SilentOne...i hear you :D xau just made intraday high, hui is just a below its intraday high... POG closed at 401 and silver just below 7. i'll hold onto the rest of my positions and may add some more.

#23 PMILLY

PMILLY

• Traders-Talk User
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:04 PM

Stockbucks- may be a smart move holding on. Gold actually looking stronger today than yesterday. SilentOne - I see the possible island reversal in the XAU as well. If we continue to move higher with confirmation, you may be right that we fly from here. That formation is one thing keeping me from trying any shorts right now. Pmilly

#24 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:09 PM

yes PMilly....the xau/hui are fighting against a down trendline from the highs of Jan. and Feb. and also their 50dma. could be a selling point or a breakout point. looks good so far.

#25 stockbucks_coffee

stockbucks_coffee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:10 PM

ohh...forgot to mention...the 3rd child...the GOX index, made an intraday high and is in the same patterns as xau/hui.

#26 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:18 PM

Hiker, you can get killed.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !