Weird Wolly Wednesday

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:47 AM

Today is WWW, right? This concept, among others, is something I've only encountered here at FF, so I have absolutely no experience with it over my career in trading. And the references I've read have been a bit vague. What is supposed to happen on WWW? Weird Wolly Experts? ;) TIA, and good trading, D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:49 AM

It's a lot like the Bradley except on Wednesdays. :P

#3 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

It's a lot like the Bradley except on Wednesdays. :P

I kind of guessed that. :lol: Maybe Studley needs a special day each month. I'm working on that one..... ;)
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#4 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

i thought it is/was the wednesday before expiration, especially tripx, so i must not have a clue.

Edited by humble1, 10 December 2008 - 11:11 AM.

#5 10Shekel

10Shekel

• Validating
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

Today is WWW, right? This concept, among others, is something I've only encountered here at FF, so I have absolutely no experience with it over my career in trading. And the references I've read have been a bit vague. What is supposed to happen on WWW? Weird Wolly Experts? ;) TIA, and good trading, D

Found this on Google:

www (Weird Wally Wednesday)

is the wed before the week of options expiration......better known as weird wollie wed.......WWW....named after the man who discovered the importance of this day....don wolanchuk......aka da_cheif

: ???

Edited by 10Shekel, 10 December 2008 - 11:08 AM.

#6 blackprince

blackprince

• Traders-Talk User
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:19 AM

According to Uncle Wollie, it is the day that option positions are reset. This can cause a change in trend or an excelaration in trend.

#7 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

Found this on Google:

www (Weird Wally Wednesday)

is the wed before the week of options expiration......better known as weird wollie wed.......WWW....named after the man who discovered the importance of this day....don wolanchuk......aka da_cheif

: ???

Cool. B) That explains the Weird Wollie part. :huh: Just kidding. Okay then Cheif! Will you please explain? You da man.... :)

Edited by IYB, 10 December 2008 - 11:30 AM.

#8 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

According to Uncle Wollie, it is the day that option positions are reset. This can cause a change in trend or an excelaration in trend.

A change in trend or an acceleration of trend? :lol: Kinda like it will go up or it will go down.

IT

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

Kinda like it will go up or it will go down.

Yes but in a weird way.

#10 2cents

2cents

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:39 PM

Don
I've taught countless saless people over the years. Selling technology was the mainstream but it applies to anything. There are certain days you never ask for an appointment such as Mon. or Fri.. If you had to choose a day to get someones undivided attention it's Wed. People are in the middle of the work week and completely focused on their various tasks rather than what happened or what the weekend has in store.
My opinion isn't worth the HTML it's written on