Photo

what happend to NAV, teaparty, semi and swinger?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:57 PM

Teaparty is a woman. Funny how everyone assumes that someone any good must be a male.

I don't think they do make that assumption. I know I don't. But if you don't know gender and call a poster here "he" you'll be right roughly 97% of the time. ;)

Btw, when Norton was here visiting a few months ago, he said he thought Teaparty was probably the best technician here, overall, or at least one of the very best. I think I remember him referring to her as "him", though. :lol: He also said that Teaparty is the artist formerly known as "eminime". Can anyone confirm that? TIA, D

If you go to Teaparty's profile, click on Options under her name and there you'll see an option to check the name history. Eminime was a previous name for Teaparty, yes.

#12 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

Teaparty is a woman. Funny how everyone assumes that someone any good must be a male.

I don't think they do make that assumption. I know I don't. But if you don't know gender and call a poster here "he" you'll be right roughly 97% of the time. ;)

Btw, when Norton was here visiting a few months ago, he said he thought Teaparty was probably the best technician here, overall, or at least one of the very best. I think I remember him referring to her as "him", though. :lol: He also said that Teaparty is the artist formerly known as "eminime". Can anyone confirm that? TIA, D

Yes I remember when Teaparty did post as eminime. If you didn't make the assumption that Teaparty was a women then why did you refer to her as one of the "Gentlemen" above??? Not that it matters much that you and others have mistaken gender.
Yes Teaparty is a great technician.

Edited by Russ, 30 April 2009 - 05:01 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#13 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

Yes I remember when Teaparty did post as eminime. If you didn't make the assumption that Teaparty was a women then why did you refer to her as one of the "Gentlemen" above???

Only because I didn't know her gender, so I went with the 97% option for FF overall. ;) My point is that I would never make the assumption that someone very skilled at this or any art has got to be a male. IOW my assumption was only based on demographics, not based on the concept that "someone any good must be a male".
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#14 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

now I know why I had "those feelings" for teaparty! Please come back TP :flowers:

#15 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:08 PM

Oh well it doesn't really matter. I appreciate your work IYB.

Only because I didn't know her gender, so I went with the 97% option for FF overall. My point is that I would never make the assumption that someone very skilled at this or any art has got to be a male. IOW my assumption was only based on demographics, not based on the concept that "someone any good must be a male".

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#16 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

Tea was emini. Gender is irrelevant, but I'd wait for an answer from tea before I made any assumptions. ;)

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#17 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:15 PM

I remember eminime! Great poster...wow. Didn't know that was teaparty. I enjoyed teaparty's stuff but really like reading eminimee.

#18 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

He also said that Teaparty is the artist formerly known as "eminime". Can anyone confirm that? TIA, D

Yes and "she" is a he. He sold cardboard and roll paper in his younger years to a local box company.
Craig is his first name, and unless he has had a sex change, he is a he, not a she, unless something happened and is now an "it" :D :D

:cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#19 Warren

Warren

• Traders-Talk User
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

You sure could learn a lot from Tea and Nav and they were more than willing to share. It would be great to have them back. A few years back both Tea and I were members of the Trading the Charts website and I recall him mentioning his wife quite a few times in his post, but I have never met Tea in person so I could not tell you if he was male or female. Mark do you know what happened to the day trader who posted his trades using the Tick and Trin for buying and selling. He posted his trades every day but I haven't seen him around here for well over a year.
Don"t worry, BE HAPPY!

#20 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, I miss these guys too Especially teaparty Nice person was he or she, and excellent charting ability But, NAV was also one of the better contributors to the board
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months