Photo

what happend to NAV, teaparty, semi and swinger?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

Tea is, by my estimation, one of the finest Ewavers in North America-and a gentleman.

Edited by thespookyone, 30 April 2009 - 09:36 PM.

#22 swinger

swinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

those where the guys I was learning from and now they are gone.

????

I still drop by from time to time to read the posts here.

I stopped posting here regularly back when the server was constantly slow or freezing up. It just got too frustrating and I think several posters may have moved on to other boards at that time, which is too bad--as Mark runs one of the classiest forums anywhere and is unquestionably one of the 'good guys' out there.

Mark, don't know if you have ever looked into it--but Disqus is pretty cool and if you can incorporate it on this site, you might see a big increase in participation. Once a username is established, it carries over to any other sites they post on and is a great way to network. For example, if you make a new friend and start to read their posts, you could end up on a whole new site and it all sort of interweaves. It send you emails for replies to your posts, too, so very easy to keep up. All in all, pretty cool--and it is free so far as I know.

If anyone wants to catch up on my posts, just click on the following link:

http://disqus.com/people/swinger/#main

#23 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:51 PM

those where the guys I was learning from and now they are gone.

????

I still drop by from time to time to read the posts here.

I stopped posting here regularly back when the server was constantly slow or freezing up. It just got too frustrating and I think several posters may have moved on to other boards at that time, which is too bad--as Mark runs one of the classiest forums anywhere and is unquestionably one of the 'good guys' out there.

Mark, don't know if you have ever looked into it--but Disqus is pretty cool and if you can incorporate it on this site, you might see a big increase in participation. Once a username is established, it carries over to any other sites they post on and is a great way to network. For example, if you make a new friend and start to read their posts, you could end up on a whole new site and it all sort of interweaves. It send you emails for replies to your posts, too, so very easy to keep up. All in all, pretty cool--and it is free so far as I know.

If anyone wants to catch up on my posts, just click on the following link:

http://disqus.com/people/swinger/#main

If you are posting on the Slope, I love that site. Thanks for the tip about disqus. I didn't know all that about it. Teaparty and NAV and others are cool. no doubt about it.
OTIS.

#24 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:23 AM

i wish ALL those folks and more would come back and/or post more. i have no evidence of anyone else's performance but maybe it is time to remember a hard truth about the great trading game we play: most are losers over time. look at the t/a sell signals at the recent low spots. i have read that over 95% get washed out. this looks like the easiest game but is the toughest. there will always be heavy churn. i don't think it is because of TT.

#25 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:45 AM

swinger, btw, you should know that the site is MUCH faster now that we're on a new server. I publish one of my graphics heavy newsletters (with fat charts) to this server via TT and it loads in a fraction of the time it used to. M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#26 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

Forgot to give props to Swinger Would be nice if you start posting again here man
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months