Photo

Fib-You've been especially sharing lately!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

People dress horribly... its all t shirts and jeans...i think i am the only guy left who enjoys wearing suits!

Part of this is because of where you live, but much of this type of dress is the broader generational acceptance of dressing down over the last 15 years. First it was on Friday's, then it became a daily routine. This "societal evolution" took place primarily because of demographics where those under the age of 35 were making the big bucks with little in the way of interactive business development (technology related products). And those who make the big bucks, not only set the rules, but they also set the standard in which others try to imitate (success begets success).

The pendulum swings both ways, however, and as times get tougher, those who "dress for success" will eventually be back in vogue. If you look around lately, you'll see that this transformation is already taking place.

On the flip side of this argument, during times in which economies slow, and money becomes tighter, one does tend to dress down to reflect their lack of success, and some dress down because they can't afford to dress any other way. It's a complex psychological subject, too complex to discuss here.

i would say that woman's fashion says more about a woman than men's fashion says about a guy

The male species tends to be stoic in their personalities. Because of this, most of their fashion sense tends be rather consistent over time. If they do show any fashion sense, it's usually because of the input from their female partner...they are the shoppers. Woman are also allowed to stretch the limits of fashion acceptability for both the pleasure of themselves and for their male counterparts. Taken together then, yes, what woman wear reflects a broader indication of mass emotional opinion than that of male related fashion. There's also an area of how kids clothing works in this area of analysis as this is but an extension of their parents perception of things, but that's for another time.

Fib

u r right...upon moving back to denver last month i stuck my head in "needless markup" to make sure that i wouldnt stick out too much with my bold pin stripe suits...was happy to see that Neimans had nothing but Armani bold striped suits on the racks....

good to see ...cuz i got three closests full....its tough being metro sexual..but somebody has to carry the flag

Edited by atlasshrugged, 18 January 2010 - 05:05 PM.

#12 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

cuz i got three closets full

Regardless of fashion trends, women always love a man in "uniform"!

(Right ladies?)

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#13 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:19 PM

(Right ladies?)

Fib

lol! all smoke n mirrors!!!

#14 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

(Right ladies?)

Fib

Wow! Denver, I didn't know you left sin city for the Mountains, nice move:) stop by in OKC sometime:)
Education is the best defense against the media.

#15 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

(Right ladies?)

Fib

Wow! Denver, I didn't know you left sin city for the Mountains, nice move:) stop by in OKC sometime:)

lol...returning to my roots...my west coast rock tour is over!

#16 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

(Right ladies?)

Fib

lol...returning to my roots...my west coast rock tour is over!

Excellent, well good to see you posting again...cheers
Education is the best defense against the media.

#17 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

Denver eh, I just watched Jesse Ventura do a show about 2012 and underground shelters. I hope you gotta key... Denver airport is connected to a vast underground shelter built for the coming galactic equinox. It was built where is was for a very good reason. The inside 'public' walk way of the Denver airport has a large painting ... I had read the theories about the under ground base below the Denver airport, ... is 10% airport / 90% underground base. VIP fallout shelter? ...

#18 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:29 PM

Seer Gerald Celente speaks of fashion in his 2010 predictions of a market crash and some more terror.

As times get tougher and money gets scarcer, one of the hottest new money-making, mood-changing, influence-shaping trends of the century will soon be born. We forecast that this will be “Elegance” in its many manifestations.

The trend will begin with fashion and spread through all the creative arts, as the need for beauty trumps the thrill of the thuggish. A strong, do-it-yourself aspect will make up for reduced discretionary income, as personal effort provides the means for affordable sophistication.....

About two-thirds of Americans are Too Big (TB) for their own good and everyone else’s. We forecast a massed revulsion for TB in all its manifestations – obesity is only the most obvious.

Everything in America is TB . Houses, cars, debt loads, deficits, state budgets, the states themselves, foreign aid, military budgets, bureaucracies local, state, federal and “too big to fail” businesses – they’re all Too Big.

Apart from government action, the “Shape Up” trend will provide a wide array of business opportunities.....
http://www.trendsres...om/journal.html

#19 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:37 PM

Denver eh, I just watched Jesse Ventura do a show about 2012 and underground shelters. I hope you gotta key...

Denver airport is connected to a vast underground shelter built for the coming galactic equinox. It was built where is was for a very good reason.

The inside 'public' walk way of the Denver airport has a large painting ... I had read the theories about the under ground base below the Denver airport, ... is 10% airport / 90% underground base. VIP fallout shelter? ...

yes i am aware of all that...they hauled 20 times more dirt out of there than would have been expected....the odd "Nazi" pics in the terminals....

you forgot about the "free mason" new world order shrine in the airport as well...it really exists..

my grandfather was a free mason...highest level. i have his pin!..

the rhetoric regarding their influence is "bunk"!

Edited by atlasshrugged, 18 January 2010 - 06:41 PM.

#20 TradingUp

TradingUp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

I read somewhere the length of the skirts was also an indication

the color of their underwear gives the same mood indications. ;)

So when they install the new body scanners at airports, will taking stock tips from the inspectors be counted as "insider trading"?