Photo

Fib-You've been especially sharing lately!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:52 PM

you forgot about the "free mason" new world order shrine in the airport as well...it really exists.. I'm glad you are aware and confirmed it. It looked like a very interesting mural of "end times" to have in an airport. wut is up wit dat?

#22 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

Thanks Fib! You know I am a believer.

#23 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:56 PM

I didn't see the Golden Globs Awards show but, I just went over to the Internet Movie Data Base site to look over the what the girls were wearing. What struck me was how little cleavage was showning. They reminded me of "tasteful" '70s prom dresses. The men's fashions seemed pretty sedate as well. What does that means? Perhaps, a rather conservative year ahead? One thing is for sure, I didn't miss much. And no, that wasn't a typo.

Edited by milbank, 18 January 2010 - 10:00 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#24 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

What struck me was how little cleavage was showing...What does that means?

As briefly suggested earlier, like the rise and fall of skirt lengths, the more skin that's shown, the more comfortable one is with their economic mood. Skirts rise with economic expansions, and lengthen with economic contractions. Shoulders are first shown during the beginning of expansions, which then lowers towards bust lines as the expansion becomes more mainstream, and finally to bare midriffs during economic peaks. If you go back to the link I provided earlier in the thread, what you will also notice is that many of the dress styles had asymmetrical necklines where one shoulder was covered while the other one isn't. This type of styling reflects the mood of which one would assume when one wears black with white...that of indecision. The bare shoulder would symbolize positive behavior, with the cover up of the other shoulder suggesting that it may not stick around for too long.

Remember that all of the styling you see today was designed 4-6 months ago well before you or I see it on the public...where the saying "Fashion Forward" makes better sense. Regardless, the current fashions shown last evening do pretty much sum up what everyone here has been debating about for several months now....an expansion within the confines of continued doubt.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#25 mdszj

mdszj

• Traders-Talk User
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:09 AM

Very interesting thread. I was wondering if the color of cars can be used as an indicator of social mood, economics, etc. Seems like a good 90+% of the cars you see on the road today are either white, black, or gray, or some other non-descript color.

#26 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:04 AM

People dress horribly... its all t shirts and jeans.....i think i am the only guy left who enjoys wearing suits!

Outer layers can be deceptive. C'mon man tell us the color of your underwear. I bet it's black or a dull grey. :lol:

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#27 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:16 AM

Thanks Fib! This is just awesome. I read somewhere the length of the skirts was also an indication. I have a valid reason for business to carefully examine Victoria's Secret catalogs for this summer... :lol:

Arb,

http://www.victoriassecret.com/

Give up your bearish stance man. Join the bright colorful side. :lol:

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#28 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:30 AM

. . . many of the dress styles had asymmetrical necklines where one shoulder was covered while the other one isn't.

Yes, I noticed that. I first saw, or at least noticed that style a year ago when Michelle Obama wore it to the Inaugural balls. Your interpretation makes sense. My reaction to that style is "toga." Is this also a sign of the fall of the empire? Hmmmm. :o

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#29 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

:o Here we have two things showing - LEG & CLEAVAGE WITH ONE strap, what is that telling us. [attachment=14721:article_...23_popup.jpg][attachment=14722:article_..._306x608. jpg]

Edited by mss, 19 January 2010 - 12:36 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#30 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

I was wondering if the color of cars can be used as an indicator of social mood, economics, etc.

Color is used to promote all different types of psychological responses. Whether its cars, houses, places of business, art, team sports, color choices are highly important in defining a mood. Bright colors, (like you see in the Caribbean) are festive, while those who were brightly colored apparel tend to be boisterous party types. Browns and darker greens have an air of rustic down to earth behavior, while blues are more laid back. White (void of all color) and black (high amounts of color) are the extremes when it comes political ideology...with gray somewhere in the middle. From message boards to public home pages, we select color combos that compliment our taste, our mood, what represents our core. A lot of this is subconscious behavior, but if you pay attention, there is always a trend from which you can better appreciate yourself as an individual without paying $50 an hour on a couch to do so.

LEG & CLEAVAGE WITH ONE strap, what is that telling us.

That you're a tramp!?!?

But seriously, the slit up a floor length skirt has the same interpretation value as the asymmetrical neck line. The skirt length and color suggests economic uncertainty, while the slit to the upper thigh suggests that underneath it all there is a highly positive outlook in the future. In Jennifer's case, outside of trying to remind her ex what he lost and tell all others she's available, she evidently has a positive outlook overall though she is aware that many are still suffering. In other words, a dress like this will probably be reviewed by all as being classic "red carpet" styling.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions