buying

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

i bought yesterday morning and this morning. do not mistake the power of a bull market yes, corrections are part of the process, where are the 2008 lows now? shakeouts are part of the process. buy weakness, sell strength. hold a core while i dont think this correction is over i do think we are going to have a big B here. check out the history of fiat. dont take anyones word on anything. do your homework inflation/deflation is the side show this is about sovereign debt everyone is on one side of the boat. its why i jumped on board the precious train its not new , no fiat currency has ever lasted. will the dollar be different? how about the euro? maybe this will be a 1st! do your homework study bull markets see how they all end they all end w/everyone wanting in on the top. we have not had one limit up day in gold there will be several. you risk your life when you get behind the wheel or cross the street dharma 10years have gone by. lord knows how many more this thing has to go, but it will end when everyone is convinced that ogld is what they want to own

#2 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

Latter-day Keynesians have learnt nothing

Long before Keynes was even born, weak governments in countries from Argentina to Venezuela used to experiment with large peacetime deficits to see if there were ways of avoiding hard choices. The experiments invariably ended in one of two ways. Either the foreign lenders got fleeced through default. Or the domestic lenders got fleeced through inflation.

http://www.ft.com/cm...144feab49a.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#3 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

[quote name='dharma' date='Jul 20 2010, 10:03 AM' post='535329']
i bought yesterday morning and this morning.
do not mistake the power of a bull market
yes, corrections are part of the process,
where are the 2008 lows now?
shakeouts are part of the process.
buy weakness, sell strength. hold a core
while i dont think this correction is over
i do think we are going to have a big B
here.
check out the history of fiat.
dont take anyones word on anything. do your homework
inflation/deflation is the side show
this is about sovereign debt
everyone is on one side of the boat. its why i jumped on board the precious train
its not new , no fiat currency has ever lasted. will the dollar be different? how about the euro?
maybe this will be a 1st! do your homework study bull markets see how they all end
they all end w/everyone wanting in on the top. we have not had one limit up day in gold
there will be several. you risk your life when you get behind the wheel or cross the street
dharma

Just started trading the long side this AM, so far booked 4% in the first POP and looking for a second trade!!!

GS.

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:56 AM

Just dumped GDX, BVN, NEM for about a two percent scalp.

EARLIER TODAY ENTRY

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

With all eyes on 1185, the boys did what they had to.
Note...each leg down on lighter volume.

Posted Image

#6 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

With all eyes on 1185, the boys did what they had to.
Note...each leg down on lighter volume.

Posted Image

Really nice chart and observation.

:clap:

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#7 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

here.
everyone is on one side of the boat. its why i jumped on board the precious train
its not new , no fiat currency has ever lasted. will the dollar be different? how about the euro?
maybe this will be a 1st! do your homework study bull markets see how they all end
they all end w/everyone wanting in on the top. we have not had one limit up day in gold
there will be several. you risk your life when you get behind the wheel or cross the street
dharma
10years have gone by. lord knows how many more this thing has to go, but it will end when everyone is convinced that ogld is what they want to own

Hi Dharma,
FWIW, I reviewed that Merriman webcast again and he first said that as long as gold holds 1168 and silver holds $17 we should take off and make a new hi during the Helio Mercury in Saggitarius July 23-Aug 2 but it could sky rocket 6-9 days later...gold target 1300-1350 and silver possibly breaking a new hi to 22/23. Then he will get out of it because he expects a $200-300 drop but one wants to be long Sept 24-Oct 25 because when Mars goes into Scorpio Sept 14-Oct 28th usually 2-3 weeks gold is extremely bullish.

Also he expects the market to go up into the Saturn/Uranus Opposition July 26th which has marked tops the last 4 of them. Preferably targets there 10,436 +/- 194. But, it can be extended to August 8th. He said as long as 9614 held on the Dow then this rally would be corrective going into that time period.

According to him when metals are within the period when Mercury goes into Saggitarius 65% of the time we are up big/ 20% of the time we are down/ and the other 15% we are mildly up.

Good trading

TM

#8 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

here.
dharma
10years have gone by. lord knows how many more this thing has to go, but it will end when everyone is convinced that ogld is what they want to own

Hi Dharma,
FWIW, I reviewed that Merriman webcast again and he first said that as long as gold holds 1168 and silver holds $17 we should take off and make a new hi during the Helio Mercury in Saggitarius July 23-Aug 2 but it could sky rocket 6-9 days later...gold target 1300-1350 and silver possibly breaking a new hi to 22/23. Then he will get out of it because he expects a $200-300 drop but one wants to be long Sept 24-Oct 25 because when Mars goes into Scorpio Sept 14-Oct 28th usually 2-3 weeks gold is extremely bullish.

Also he expects the market to go up into the Saturn/Uranus Opposition July 26th which has marked tops the last 4 of them. Preferably targets there 10,436 +/- 194. But, it can be extended to August 8th. He said as long as 9614 held on the Dow then this rally would be corrective going into that time period.

According to him when metals are within the period when Mercury goes into Saggitarius 65% of the time we are up big/ 20% of the time we are down/ and the other 15% we are mildly up.

Good trading

TM

thanks traderama, i hope all is aok
i am thinking that we are going up in a B here and it will make new highs. the cycle tops beginning of oct . and could very well extend.
for right here right now, i am looking for a short term pull back and i will finish my buying and then a rocket launch there are so many factors, and the pressure keeps building. i am 95% long. and building.only buying weakness so far. got screwed on buying a thinly traded junior this am. thank you.
although it is positive now. make no mistake governments continued interfering in the markets and money will only cause more distortions. not solve problems. anyway, the 1180 ish has held my #is1183 buckle up , arms and legs in the vehicle. dharma

#9 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

TM/dharma/jguitarslim/GS:

Thanks for the observations and updates!

stubaby

here.
dharma

Hi Dharma,

Good trading

TM

thanks traderama, i hope all is aok
i am thinking that we are going up in a B here and it will make new highs. the cycle tops beginning of oct . and could very well extend.
for right here right now, i am looking for a short term pull back and i will finish my buying and then a rocket launch there are so many factors, and the pressure keeps building. i am 95% long. and building.only buying weakness so far. got screwed on buying a thinly traded junior this am. thank you.
although it is positive now. make no mistake governments continued interfering in the markets and money will only cause more distortions. not solve problems. anyway, the 1180 ish has held my #is1183 buckle up , arms and legs in the vehicle. dharma

#10 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:37 PM

Simple chart...but possible pattern(s).

Posted Image