doing some light buying

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:15 AM

oh and one last thought that is running around, "china the economic miracle is about to collapse" -folks have been saying that for a decade now and are clueless. sure like everything else their economy will experience periods of slower growth, but the chinese and indians are now the engines of growth. their growth has continued in spite of the naysayers. dharma

#62 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:22 AM

well bill gross came on cnbc and issued a sell on his own fund. the largest bond fund in the world. the implosion of the bonds is causing a sell off in the pms, i am sticking w/my attention here. the result will be an explosion in pm prices. i am wearing my buy hat scouring for buys, but nothing done yet. conditions are not there for me to add. 1341 breaks into the previous price cycle and 1325 is major support. as i have been saying , volatility is increasing. all the talk of venus and jupiter going direct on thursday has piqued my interest, lets see what happens. we are no where near a top for the harmonic which has worked since golds inception. so i am bold dharma

#63 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:34 AM

well bill gross came on cnbc and issued a sell on his own fund. the largest bond fund in the world. the implosion of the bonds is causing a sell off in the pms, i am sticking w/my attention here. the result will be an explosion in pm prices. i am wearing my buy hat scouring for buys, but nothing done yet. conditions are not there for me to add. 1341 breaks into the previous price cycle and 1325 is major support. as i have been saying , volatility is increasing. all the talk of venus and jupiter going direct on thursday has piqued my interest, lets see what happens. we are no where near a top for the harmonic which has worked since golds inception. so i am bold
dharma

Senor is old, not bold, and cautious. This amigo thinks dollar will surprise with a big norte rally, si on muy important gold support at 1325, muy happy in cash.

NO BS

Senor

#64 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:09 AM

Just IMHO: Expecting a swing low to form between ~$1322-42 sometime this week (more likely) or early next (less likely). If this is supposed to be a bigger down move (seems pretty unlikely to me), we will know soon. Two things that I would look for to indicate the latter: 1) A daily chart swing low developing this week or next but then being broken within 5-9 days 2) Breaking below $1315 Don't think the Dollar Index will much exceed 80-80.5. It will have to wait until sometime next year for a bigger rally, I think.

Edited by alysomji, 16 November 2010 - 11:11 AM.

"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#65 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:27 AM

Bought a small position in SMN this am for some limited downside protection in the PM's. Will see what the dollar does; if it breaks above 80 I will add. :blink:
Peace
johngeorge

#66 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

the key is to have fully paid positions. margins also work in reverse. nice to see some folks thinking . the fundamentals for the dollar stink. this is a similar situation to 79 where the bond market imploded. and gold pulled back on the strength in the buck. shortly afterwards, 4months later the gold price doubled. i am looking for a similar thing here. dharma

#67 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

the key is to have fully paid positions. margins also work in reverse.
nice to see some folks thinking .
the fundamentals for the dollar stink. this is a similar situation to 79 where the bond market imploded. and gold pulled back on the strength in the buck.
shortly afterwards, 4months later the gold price doubled. i am looking for a similar thing here.
dharma

so you think the gold price will double in 4 months? do I have that right?

Senor

#68 darnelds

darnelds

• Traders-Talk User
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

You can trade the direction of BPGDM on a daily basis and do pretty well. :unsure: [/quote] The Bullish Percent Index is a mechanical signal based on the number of gold miners on P&F buy signals. It is not a survey of public opinion on gold and/or gold stocks. From September 2009 to December 2009 gold pushed ahead in spite of a rather high Bullish Percent index, by the way, before climaxing parabolically. [/quote]

#69 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:03 AM

awhile back i posted an interview of lassonde by eric king. in that piece he recommended olivut-olvrf. myself and one other board member took a position. today is busting out on volume now if i look @the ogld market on a daily chart, this is a significant move $100! and if i look @it on a monthly it is a blip. i am an investor. i entertain myself w/15% of my assets , the rest is tucked away in stocks i have held for years. the difference in the daily and the monthly chart is the difference between an investor and a trader. i traded for my living, i managed money. i can do it and be quite successful @it. i am more experienced now and i am taking the less stressful route and investing. as alysomji points out , bulls dont end in a whimper or over night. @the top, everyone will be clamoring to own gold/silver. the light goes on and they have to own it. now the ndx stocks in 2k had convincing stories. it is nothing compared w/the ultimate story of gold, it has been money like forever! all these blips on the chart do is allow to test my trading abilities. and when folks panic i want to be a buyer. pure and simple . and when the elastic gets stretched and there is elation , i want to peel some away. it satisfies my urges so i do it. knowing full well that i could shoot myself in the foot. volatility will be increasing , even more than it has. as price rises s/r becomes further apart, its a natural phenomenon. so traders will be dusted. traders speak a different language than i am here, so i will not try to converse w/them as ken and traderama and i have pointed out the 18th is a significant date. from here i am looking for the lows to come tomorrow. do they have to ? absolutely not . but on the the next low i am a buyer. pure and simple. i state what i do. and even give specific recommendations. i started a campaign in chpgf and continued to buy it until 7 stubaby asked me about , did his own dd , and it is his largest position. this is a takeover candidate. w/assets that are being undervalued by the market. its ceo is on the board of gg. you've got to dig in the mining sector , there are still many undiscovered gems . @some point in the future , the explorers will come into play. dharma

#70 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

lassonde on king world news today!
listening now
http://kingworldnews...e_Lassonde.html
dharma