• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#51 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

weak close

and Yen keeps collapsing - you a believer yet amigo? I am out gold gold/silver in trading positions, too tough for me

BSing away

senor

Edited by senorBS, 01 April 2011 - 07:15 AM.

#52 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

weak close

so what did you do about it. or are you just stating the obvious?!

approached the highs yesterday and hit resistance. the market backed off.
sure doesnt look like the top of this leg to me. just holding on and buying weakness.
looking to bust a move soon
whendoes the govt shut down? how much time do they have to cut the obligatory few billion from the trillion dollar deficit.
obama allowed for new offshore drilling . he is a major disappointment. there is no safe offshore drilling
there is no safe nuclear reactors. not in all cases
dharma
yes, pretty soon humans will glow in the dark! not funny

#53 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

We need to see a 4PM close above $1440...which could happen as early as Monday. If that occurs...well, triple tops are rare so another attack on $1450 and it's likely to succeed. If that happens...watch out...gold will explode. This is one hell of a consolidation since late last year. You don't get small moves coming out of a consolidation like this. One step at a time, though, but I like what I'm seeing. This week's low is a good safety point for one looking to know when to raise cash. I think this week's low will hold before a breakout, but only time will tell.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#54 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

We need to see a 4PM close above $1440...which could happen as early as Monday.

If that occurs...well, triple tops are rare so another attack on $1450 and it's likely to succeed. If that happens...watch out...gold will explode. This is one hell of a consolidation since late last year. You don't get small moves coming out of a consolidation like this.

One step at a time, though, but I like what I'm seeing. This week's low is a good safety point for one looking to know when to raise cash. I think this week's low will hold before a breakout, but only time will tell.

you may be right but this entire floating on a sea of unending liquidity/money printing story seems very long in the tooth to me and everyone knows it. I think a lot of these markets (stocks, many commods etc) may be in the 9th inning. El doctoro COPPER seems a bit el sicko to Senor - a warning sign? Just Senor's dos centavos on a Friday, I'm probably full of total BS

BSing away

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 01 April 2011 - 11:05 AM.

#55 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:12 AM

We need to see a 4PM close above $1440...which could happen as early as Monday.

If that occurs...well, triple tops are rare so another attack on $1450 and it's likely to succeed. If that happens...watch out...gold will explode. This is one hell of a consolidation since late last year. You don't get small moves coming out of a consolidation like this.

One step at a time, though, but I like what I'm seeing. This week's low is a good safety point for one looking to know when to raise cash. I think this week's low will hold before a breakout, but only time will tell.

you may be right but this entire floating on a sea of unending liquidity/money printing story seems very long in the tooth to me and everyone knows it. I think a lot of these markets (stocks, many commods etc) may be in the 9th inning. El doctoro COPPER seems a bit el sicko to Senor - a warning sign? Just Senor's dos centavos on a Friday, I'm probably full of total BS

BSing away

Senor

I understand. But, it's nothing new to me.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&st=2006-02-01&en=2006-06-15&i=p66524540947.jpg
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#56 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

I think you may have nailed it on the yen Senor! though too early to say for sure LT
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$USD...amp;a=229783809

weak close

and Yen keeps collapsing - you a believer yet amigo? I am out gold gold/silver in trading positions, too tough for me

BSing away

senor

#57 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:40 AM

i was stating the obvious
what did i do about it?
trying to lighten up into strnegth

weak close

so what did you do about it. or are you just stating the obvious?!

approached the highs yesterday and hit resistance. the market backed off.
sure doesnt look like the top of this leg to me. just holding on and buying weakness.
looking to bust a move soon
whendoes the govt shut down? how much time do they have to cut the obligatory few billion from the trillion dollar deficit.
obama allowed for new offshore drilling . he is a major disappointment. there is no safe offshore drilling
there is no safe nuclear reactors. not in all cases
dharma
yes, pretty soon humans will glow in the dark! not funny

#58 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

my take as well alysomji, i have stated that the structure going back to the dec highs is going to become one big base. fiats all of them are illusions , basing ones position based on the rise or fall of a particular currency is a mistake. the yen should be weak, japan is shut down. anyone study what has happened after nuclear disasters in the past? there have not been that many. what happened after the disasters. anyone take the time??? i dont know how much or how long it takes for the base to be finished here. what cant go down........... alysomji addressed that earlier. why is it so hard for folks to get what it means to be in a bull market? surprises are on the upside! we have japan closed . and their nuclear plants spreading posion undeclared(whatever that means)war in libya. not to mention our other engagements which are declared. and the us government about to close for biz. dont worry it will be easy for them to make their decision while mercury is retrograde. go ahead sell your positions to the invisible bankster hand. silver is still in backwardation. meaning where is the real physical supply???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crude making new highs supplies of food dwindling i dont know what i am doing, but i continue to buy what the lemmings cough up. as every little move is dissected. and yet volatility remains relatively tame. anyone remember late 99 in the nasdaq?. and what the share prices of jdsu, cmgi, etc were even though they never made a dime. facts who needs facts. we have emotions. and our pea shooters to guide us. buckle up arms and legs in the vehicle the awakening is about to occur. dharma

#59 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

Gold:USD Chart:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD:$USD&p=D&yr=2&mn=6&dy=0&i=p22816148959&a=225295472&r=305.png

I posted this before - looking like a "running correction" after breakout of "cup-n-handle"!

stubaby

#60 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

3-month t-bill yields "crashing" - gld/slv ratio still falling - US Dollar massive reversal today - "Something Evil This Way Comes"!

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$IRX&p=D&yr=1&mn=6&dy=0&i=p01795919842&a=183995324&r=624.png

stubaby