topping

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#71 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

Thanks stubaby! Great stuff as always. :) Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#72 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:47 AM

Just IMHO.... Targets: $1550-1650 on gold (just a guess) $45-50 on silver (keep your fingers crossed) Once the top is in, I'm expecting gold to correct 15-25%. Silver much more. The n00bs will get taken to the woodshed. That's the purpose of it. We should see the top either this month, next month, or in June, I expect - along with a corresponding intermediate-term (only) bottom in the Dollar at that time. That should be the low of the year for the Dollar and we will probably have to wait until next year to see it go lower. If I see silver at $50, I will be out the door and heavily raising cash. Otherwise, it will be tricky trying to time the top of this rally. I will probably be early. I think $50 is achievable, though. Everybody's got their own methods of getting out at tops. No one will catch it exactly. Some of us will be early and some of us will be late. The key is not to be overly so. There will be some sort of funky divergence at the top, I expect, like HUI with a lower high or silver with a lower high but no lower high in gold.

Edited by alysomji, 06 April 2011 - 04:49 AM.

"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#73 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:01 AM

Going to post this again:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&st=2006-02-01&en=2006-06-15&i=p66524540947.jpg
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#74 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

Jesse's Cafe Americain

The path to 1,550.

stubaby :yes:

#75 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

nice charts stubaby
alysomji we think alike.
i believe that we are in a parabolic here and will have a mini blowoff. 1443 was my # and now 1460 is the death zone for this cycle. what that means is its a key resistance area for this price cycle. i want to see how long it takes for the market to take this out. i am not going to give projection highs for this leg. it could be hundreds of dollars higher. we have just broken out of a base in gold that took 4 months to form. there are so many catalysts out there they all may light up the scoreboard or it may be just one. who knows. we just broke out yesterday, so i am not of the mind to start selling. my usual mo is sell @higher prices and higher % as we go up. for now i stand pat. watching. the beauty and problem w/blowoffs is the difference in profits is enormous. by that i mean, how much stress you can stomach . for me there is 0 none yet. but , i know whats coming(or @ least i think that i do.)my balances have gone up so i am 95% long. new highs yesterday. there is alot of hype for silver, now dont get me wrong its story is amazing. and there appears to really be a shortage of supply. here is a usage , 500oz in each tomahawk missle http://goldbasics.bl...wk-missile.html
to my knowledge no cbs hold silver . so when the speculators sell it could be an avalanche. above 52 and i start to think about the exit
dharma

#76 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

i added ksktf this am, oversold w/daily divergences. below yesterdays lows and wave bye bye. if not i ride dharma

#77 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

i added ksktf this am, oversold w/daily divergences. below yesterdays lows and wave bye bye. if not i ride
dharma

dharma:

Nice Buy!

Short-term GDX Wave Count:

http://stockcharts.c...01-10&en=(today)&i=p59925742585&a=198979733&r=4711.png

stubaby

#78 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

quite a bullish count stubaby i am a student of edwards and magee h&s patterns mark bottoms and tops i do see an inverse h&s pattern for mfn notice how strong the market is, it is hanging on right @/near 460resistance dharma

#79 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:58 PM

Moved Wave 2 of 5 to the April 4th low (1,412) - if correct explosive up-move towards 1,680 for Wave 3 (Wave 3=Wave 1) - followed by Waves 4 & 5 to complete entire structure from 2001.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&yr=0&mn=9&dy=0&i=p31507388496&a=205148199&r=8285.png

Should be plenty of time to reduce exposure once Wave 3 completes for those that are itching to pull the trigger NOW. Also, if Wave 3=1.618 of Wave 1 target is 1,845.

stubaby :bye:

#80 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

Looking over many individual charts tonight - WOW! I really like the upmove in Miners relative to Metals last 2 days as well. Could get real interesting and put our end of December 2010 run look average? stubaby :D