its time for a new thread!

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#11 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:44 AM

Gold to $11,000? James Turk seems to think so.
Peace
johngeorge

#12 uburack

uburack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

Gold to $11,000? James Turk seems to think so.

And a loaf of bread for $400 ?
John 21:6 And he said unto them, "Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find". They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.

#13 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

i remember in 80 there were alot of calls for 1k , those folks had to wait more than 20years for that to occur. better to listen to the market than even the top analysts if this was the bottom, it was not the clearest technical bottom that i have seen. w/the sovereigns in debt, and needing to prop up their image, printing is really the only viable solution. that comes w/consequences, the question in my mind is when do the bond vigilantes wake up and say, "i am getting miniscule returns, the risk is too greak for these returns." that is the event in the corner of my eye. now you can say, volker raised rates through the roof and it didnt kill the gold bull. and i would say correct. its the initial rise in rates that catches the market off guard and throws it for a correction. and that is what i am concerned about. bulls climb a wall of worry. and right there is my concern. bill gross , like most top callers was early, i doubt that he has lost sleep leaving some on the table. once the process of rate rises starts , it lasts for a long time, and in the end it will fuel the gold bull. rising rates are an admission that inflation is higher than the rate of retun on bonds. and the fed will remain behind the curve for a long time. for now the sovereigns are taking the expedient route. they will irresponsibly print. the consequences on the masses will be financially devastating. do what you can to get out of debt. throughout history banksters have never been magnanimous. eventually, there will be 0 leverage in gold futures. i know i repeat myself. not senile yet! new highs for the gold market remain a possibility. i still think miners are undervalued. dharma

Edited by dharma, 24 October 2011 - 09:42 AM.

#14 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

http://stockcharts.c...amp;a=245172062

#15 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:02 PM

china, FCX, USD, IYM all argue that we AMY have seen the bootm

#16 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

keep in mind that all the factors that existed @1920gold are still present today. nothing has changed, however the need to do something is more prevalent today. fed members are talking qe. europeans talking about pulling more money out of the hat for their sick members. the highs may be broached faster than any of even the most staunch bulls anticipate. in bulls surprises are on the upside. volatility makes this market more and more treacherous. dharma

#17 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

keep in mind that all the factors that existed @1920gold are still present today.
nothing has changed, however the need to do something is more prevalent today. fed members are talking qe. europeans talking about pulling more money out of the hat for their sick members. the highs may be broached faster than any of even the most staunch bulls anticipate. in bulls surprises are on the upside. volatility makes this market more and more treacherous.
dharma

volatility makes this market more and more treacherous - to trade!

stubaby :yes:

#18 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:27 AM

Big year-end rally

Commodities & PM's have exhausted the downside

DJP:SPY

Clif Droke:

October Has Killed Another Bear - 24 Oct 2011
Why the Recession Forecasters Are Wrong (For Now) - 21 Oct 2011

link

Edited by stocks, 25 October 2011 - 09:35 AM.

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#19 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

Felix Zulauf

http://www.ritholtz....he-die-is-cast/
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

between a rock and a hard place, that is where the cbs are i dont expect a surprise tomorrow, the euro will print, in one way or another. and yes, stubaby, i expect trading to be an impossibility down the road, the volatility will be too great. but, we have some time before that takes place. notice crude, it had taken out its previous low , bottomed and is +18 off that low. the temptation is to diversify, get into oil, food stuffs, uranium etc. they will all do well . for me i cannot follow so many things and have expertise in each, not if i do my homework. so, i stay focused on the metals. this is a sovereign debt crises. w/a looming derivative tower, which will ultimately topple the whole fiat tower. yes fiats will rally, which result in lower lows. the die have been cast, the volatility is going to be insane. but not yet dharma