its time for a new thread!

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#61 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

its not what i see dougie. even the explorers that i follow have not issued more shares. 1764 is the gateway, i always like to see 2 closes over a #. we came close yesterday, but couldnt do it. as evidenced by market action, you can see that the system is more and more unstable. the volatility has shaken the gold community . folks puked up their gold stocks into the 1530lows and the minor tremors have produced more coughing up of shares. the big shakeout will come when interest rates start to rise. that change in climate will be the signal for the beginning of a new cycle, which is actually gold friendly. rising rates are gold bullish as the fed will remain behind the curve. but initially will cause some panic. here and now eyes are on the european sovereign debt situation. it cannot be resolved. some of their members will need to be cleaned out and start over. but for now the hope is to paper them over. i am just sitting dharma

#62 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

http://www.perthmint...Gold_Price.aspx

#63 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

failure to paper over situation here and now will send liquidity shock though the system imo

#64 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

failure to paper over situation here and now will send liquidity shock though the system imo

dougie:

Two(2) sides to the same coin:
  • paper over situation here and now and survive for a bit longer in an attempt to reflate (Global QE) causing inflationary bias and Gold and Miners do well on both real and relative bais
  • failure here and deflation takes hold and Gold does well on a relative basis and Miners become profit machines vs. falling cost inputs and eventually leading higher

Different paths indeed, but to the same destination in the end!

stubaby :giveup:

#65 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

dougie , i am assuming that you read the link. they didnt mention one miner who has issued more shares. in fact the majors have been increasing their dividends. now looking @a miners history to see if there is issuance of shares, may or may not be relevant. the last sentence in this whole piece address' what you make as a central point. shoddy analysis @best. dharma

#66 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

http://www.perthmint...Gold_Price.aspx

Took a quick look at share issuance of the top ten holdings in GDX over past two years.
KGC & AU are the two companies w/ significant issuance.
The following companies have changes (approx #s):
1) KGC (700M to 1.1B)
2) GG (725 to 800)
3) AU (270 to 370)
4) GOLD (75 to 90)

NEM, ABX, GFI, AEM, AUY, BVN have seen no significant changes.

#67 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

No Dharma: I am assuming YOU read the link:
http://www.pollitt.c...7_2011_Wrap.pdf

dougie , i am assuming that you read the link. they didnt mention one miner who has issued more shares. in fact the majors have been increasing their dividends. now looking @a miners history to see if there is issuance of shares, may or may not be relevant. the last sentence in this whole piece address' what you make as a central point. shoddy analysis @best.
dharma

#68 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

dougie , i am assuming that you read the link. they didnt mention one miner who has issued more shares. in fact the majors have been increasing their dividends. now looking @a miners history to see if there is issuance of shares, may or may not be relevant. the last sentence in this whole piece address' what you make as a central point. shoddy analysis @best.
dharma

dougie:

That's NOT the link you posted originally - lighten-up!

stubaby

#69 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

dharma

this is a different link it has more information. and the writer makes assumptions
life is short. i do not have to respond to you
dharma

#70 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

THAT LINK WAS the first link within the article I sent you! ^_^ If you don't have to respond to me, why are you? "only 2 things you need to do in life , pay taxes and meet your maker!" But this argument started with your belligerence about a simple post I made suggesting dilution. Anyone who doesn't understand the problem of dilution in the mining business is either a fool or a liar. You seem to be neither of these., so what is up?