• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#71 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

Critical week ahead:

Gold at critical juncture this week - a move above 1,764-1,775-1,780 is the next step towards BULLISH resolution!
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&i=p42619314311&a=242428569&r=8682.png

US Dollar SHOULD resume downtrend, but risk still exists for more upside:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$USD&p=D&yr=1&mn=2&dy=0&i=p91842072874&a=187539338&r=1448.png

Oil appears in a BEARISH wedge which should end here - but could move towards $100 and above:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$WTIC&p=D&yr=1&mn=4&dy=0&i=p15226204620&a=183948063&r=18.png
Weekly is Bullish:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$WTIC&p=W&st=2000-01-01&en=2011-12-31&i=p62941863946&a=183948064&r=473.png

stubaby B)

#72 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

MF Global Mess:

Martin Armstrong on MF Global

stubaby

#73 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

dont know if you saw this CME Group Clarifies Maintenance Margin Ratios - Exchange to Reduce Initial Margin Ratio to 1.00 By CME Group Published: Saturday, Nov. 5, 2011 - 11:04 am CHICAGO, Nov. 5, 2011 - /PRNewswire/ - CME Group today is clarifying its notice to clearing firms regarding margins. In light of the issues customers transferring out of MF Global are facing, while still maintaining appropriate risk management protections for the market, CME Clearing is setting the "initial" margin upcharge to zero. This upcharge is normally applied to customer accounts when they are receiving a margin call. The intention and effect of these changes are to decrease the size of any margin calls resulting from the bulk transfer of MF Global customers to new clearing members not to increase them. This is a short term accommodation to maintain market integrity and provide temporary relief to customers whose accounts have been disrupted by this event. We apologize for any confusion our initial advisory may have created. bozos! remember this is about sovereign debt. the sovereigns cant pay. they will either renege, or debase. it seems they are going to debase. this means the fiats will have rallies, but all rallies will result in lower prices. rallies can last a year or longer, but then its the swan dive. if you lose sight of the issue, you will be tossed around like a cork @sea. yes, the dollar will have periods where it goes up against other fiats. betting on any fiat is a losing proposition. since the inception of the fed, the dollar has lost ----- of its pp. right now the euro has hit the skids and the dollar and gold are rallying. that too is a mirage. when it comes under scrutiny the dollar will fall also. this is all not new, a 1st run, its as old as governments. what i see is many cbs having buy programs for gold @252 no one wanted gold , now they all want gold. do what they do, ignore what they say. if cbs start hoarding silver , it will gain in status. for now its mostly speculators and end users. which means volatility is supreme. guys/gals who look @ historic ratios are taking a slice of history and saying this is the norm - rubbish. silver does not have the status of gold. nor does it have the support of cbs. its a speculation, a good speculation @the right price, but a speculation. so watching stuff like gold made new highs and silver did not , will only serve to keep you away from the metals. the issue is debt, the rest is to satisfy someones conception of how its suppose to be well we are over 1764 , i would like to see a couple of closes over that #. today is a good start. dharma greece can never pay. will they leave the euro , restart the drachma and debase?!

#74 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

1793 breaks into the next price cycle. which is further confirmation that we are going higher. (i like to see closes above #s. during the day, it is volatile, but when it closes above a # that means folks are willing to hold above the #-1793 in this case) no mention is made of time here. we are only dealing w/price doesnt have to occur today for example dharma

#75 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

round #s tend to be resistance, so far the 1793 spot is holding. the only negative i see is gdxj is rising in a bearish wedge, other than that all the mining indexes have gained 20%+ on this rally and are in striking distance to the highs. and the crises rages on. there is really no solution to this thing. debates will continue . hope will continue. but w/the aid of the banksters, the sovereigns have gotten themselves deep in debt. they cannot pay. and still the piper must be paid. none of this is new , it has happened many times before. fiats never prevail. sooner or later the ponzi scheme comes unraveled and the emperor is butt naked. i only hold enough fiat to pay my monthly bills. i carry 0 debt. in deflations, debt is the killer. work your way out of debt. sooner rather than delaying. no one can tell you how soon it will unravel. be debt free. it will be difficult enough to have enough income to cover your nut, let alone carry debt. we are in a very serious situation here. these things occur @the end of a debt cycle. lets see how much time elapses for the battle of 1800. right now the indexes and the gld are overbought on the hourlies. which is a caution and certainly not a buying area. these things take time , the economy is a giant locomotive w/momo behind it . patience is needed alot of patience. yes, against real estate fiat is appreciating , but little else. certainly not against food, energy, and clothing. dharma

#76 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

ted butler

gold stocks may soon lead -brimelow
http://www.marketwat...lead-2011-11-07

dharma

hello 1800

#77 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

so far normal reaction off of 1800. may get a .382 pullback. before resuming the upside. still looking for higher #s. watching the 1764. as well as the 1793 we worked both #s . we may need more work for the round # dharma

#78 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

Eric Sprott talks to James Turk in Munich !
Peace
johngeorge

#79 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

my outlook is long term, i have no idea how long it takes for this debt crises to come to its logical conclusion. i can be wrong on the short term, but w/no leverage its only a matter of time and holding till gold and miners to reach new highs. 2008 was brutal but its in the rear view mirror. can there be another 08, absolutely. its a rough game and the woodshed is always visible. less than 10% make money in this game. so , buying and selling puts murphys law front and center. buy real weakness and sell strength. we have been overbought on hourly charts in the miners indexes, so a correction here is warranted. the euro longer term chart looks like it could be a large h&s top , w/150 being the top. if so, maybe we are working on the right shoulder here and now. europeans have been through many monetary crises over the centuries, they have more inherent distrust of their money. they are more accustomed to owning gold. here it is still more of an absurd thought. i think this move has higher to go. corrections are part of the process. the sentiment is still bullish. most are nonbelievers in this leg. the move to 1530 made a big impression, that correction served its purpose. 1773 breaks back into the last price cycle. still working on the next price cycle which begins @1793. watching and waiting here. if we get oversold on the hourlies and it diverges , i will add some back. until then i watch and ride. remember , always remember this is a sovereign debt crises. the rest is sound and fury. dont take your eye off the ball. the piper will be paid. fiats have always gone the way of the dodo, its only a matter of time. hopefully you have gotten your house in order. dharma

#80 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

KWN Interviews Nigel Farage Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Peace
johngeorge