Photo

What a relief that guns don't kill people.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

Another day, another massacre. Hey, it was a Christian College with religious values etc etc. I suggest we run a lottery where you have to guess the number of days till the next massacre. As a side bet, we could add whether it is a machine pistol or an AK47 or the like. Are you as excited as I am?

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

I'm not remotely interested. Crazy people do crazy things, meanwhile guns save millions from crimes and harm. That's a good thing and a fundamental human right.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

I remember when Able wanted "Cains" to be outlawed! :lol: (Archie Bunker version)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 03 April 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#4 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Why Does the Department Of Homeland Security Need 450 MILLION Hollow Point Bullets?

Somebody out there has decided that the Department of Homeland Security needs a whole lot of ammunition. Recently it was announced that ATK was awarded a contract to provide up to 450 MILLION hollow point bullets to the Department of Homeland Security over the next five years. Is it just me, or does that sound incredibly excessive? What in the world is the DHS going to do with 450 million rounds? What possible event would ever require that much ammunition?

http://www.familysec.../pub_detail.asp
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#5 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Why Does the Department Of Homeland Security Need 450 MILLION Hollow Point Bullets?
What possible event would ever require that much ammunition?

Nothing, it makes the supply for NRA etc. low and expensive. They have done the same with many firearms. Read whole article and others.

Supply for priviate citizen is shrinking fast.
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#6 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Somebody out there has decided that the Department of Homeland Security needs a whole lot of ammunition. Recently it was announced that ATK was awarded a contract to provide up to 450 MILLION hollow point bullets to the Department of Homeland Security over the next five years. Is it just me, or does that sound incredibly excessive? What in the world is the DHS going to do with 450 million rounds? What possible event would ever require that much ammunition?

Hollow points? That sounds strange. I think they were banned by the Geneva Conventions.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#7 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

Another day, another massacre.

Hey, it was a Christian College with religious values etc etc.

I suggest we run a lottery where you have to guess the number of days till the next massacre.

As a side bet, we could add whether it is a machine pistol or an AK47 or the like.

Are you as excited as I am?

He probably got his tuition bill ...
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#8 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

I'm not remotely interested. Crazy people do crazy things, meanwhile guns save millions from crimes and harm. That's a good thing and a fundamental human right.

Good one OEX.

What western country comes close to the USA homicide rate?

No one.

Those poor Japanese only kill 1/15th as many.

If only they could carry weapons think how many lives they could save.

Talk about blind stupidity.

Yep, its a fundamental right to have a gun handy when you get angry with someone or something.

Even back in your wild west days, most towns disarmed the "cowboys" when they entered town.

Why was that?

Surely it would have been better to give a gun to everyone who didn't have one.

They say there are none so blind as those who will not see.

#9 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

Good one OEX.

No one.

Yep, its a fundamental right to have a gun handy when you get angry with someone or something.

Even back in your wild west days, most towns disarmed the "cowboys" when they entered town.

Why was that?

What's wrong with this equation.

The US has twice the homicide rate of its neareast western competitor and more like 4 times the average western nations.

The US has up to 10 times the per capita prison population of other developed nations.

The US is the only western nation with a death penalty (in theory Japan also).

Only North Korea, Iran and China execute more of their citizens. Great company to keep.

And this from a nation favoured and blessed from above.

The USA had a magnificent birth and because of that it has clung to that moment like many of us can't forget our first love.

Mature people move on and recognise that history is just history and clinging to the past is not the way to secure a stisfying future.

Always respect the past, extrapolate the lessons of the past and apply them to the current, but don't restrict your advancement by the constraints of the past.

The US as a mostly Christian nation may recall that the greatest sin in the Old Testament is that of idolatry.

Idolatry is defined as "
Idolatry is a pejorative term for the worship of an idol, a physical object such as a cult image, as a *******,[1] or practices believed to verge on worship, such as giving undue honour and regard to created forms other than *******".

When worship of "elders", flags, ceremonies, practices etc, become pre-eminent then the spirit of freedom is lost.

The New Testament is all about how the spirit replaces law. If the heart is pure there is no need of law.

I am starting to regress, but the point is, don't get bogged down with the baggage of the past, constantly renew and advance.

#10 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

Good one OEX.

No one.

Why was that?

What's wrong with this equation.

The US has twice the homicide rate of its neareast western competitor and more like 4 times the average western nations.

The US has up to 10 times the per capita prison population of other developed nations.

The US is the only western nation with a death penalty (in theory Japan also).

Only North Korea, Iran and China execute more of their citizens. Great company to keep.

And this from a nation favoured and blessed from above.

The USA had a magnificent birth and because of that it has clung to that moment like many of us can't forget our first love.

Mature people move on and recognise that history is just history and clinging to the past is not the way to secure a stisfying future.

Always respect the past, extrapolate the lessons of the past and apply them to the current, but don't restrict your advancement by the constraints of the past.

The US as a mostly Christian nation may recall that the greatest sin in the Old Testament is that of idolatry.

Idolatry is defined as "
Idolatry is a pejorative term for the worship of an idol, a physical object such as a cult image, as a *******,[1] or practices believed to verge on worship, such as giving undue honour and regard to created forms other than *******".

When worship of "elders", flags, ceremonies, practices etc, become pre-eminent then the spirit of freedom is lost.

The New Testament is all about how the spirit replaces law. If the heart is pure there is no need of law.

I am starting to regress, but the point is, don't get bogged down with the baggage of the past, constantly renew and advance.

You are mixing part truths with part personal ideology. Free people without guns become subjects to dictators.
Christians and Jews were killed because they gave up their right to own guns during WW II in Germany, 6 million or more.
You want to quote one or two facts, look at several more.
[attachment=19531:GUNS_CONTROL.gif]

AND A CONTRAST

[attachment=19532:SWITZERLAND_GUNS.gif]
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!