Photo

What a relief that guns don't kill people.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

"The United States is the only society which will go directly from barbarism to decadence without ever passing through civilization." I hope this is not true but only time will tell.

#22 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Last month Nancy Strait, an unarmed, nearly blind 85 year old woman was raped and beaten to death, while her unarmed husband was forced to watch.
Unable to save her or himself, he was beaten into critical condition.
Elderly Couple in Oklahoma Beaten, Raped, Killed in Home Invasion
Maybe the criminals would have fled at the sight of a weapon.
The police came later and filled out a report... That will really help.
Too bad he didn't have a gun to protect his wife's life.
-The Straits just celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary.
-Bob served in the 101st Airborne Division in WWII.
-If the president had a grandmother, she would have looked like Nancy Strait. <_<

This lady however had a gun and is alive to tell her story:
Grandma Foils Robbery By Getting Into Shootout With Suspects...

MACON, Ga. (CBS Atlanta/AP) – Authorities in Georgia say a grandmother foiled a robbery attempt by two armed men by getting into a shootout with them, injuring one man.
"I said, 'Oh my G0D, somebody is going to rob me.' I said, 'Baby, you're going to kill me anyway, so I don't have to open it!'"
Campbell says the man fired at her, missing. The 57-year-old fired back, striking him in the chest. Her truck sustained eight bullet holes in the hood, one in the grill. Both front side windows were destroyed. The second man fled after she shot at him.

The police came later and filled out a report...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 April 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#23 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

Some of the earliest gun-control legislation at the state level were the "black codes" that replaced the "slave codes" after the Civil War, attempting to prevent blacks' having access to the full rights of citizens, including the right to keep and bear arms.[47] Laws of this type later used racially neutral language to survive legal challenge, but were expected to be enforced against blacks rather than whites.[48]
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Gun_control
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#24 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Some of the earliest gun-control legislation at the state level were the "black codes" that replaced the "slave codes" after the Civil War, attempting to prevent blacks' having access to the full rights of citizens, including the right to keep and bear arms.[47] Laws of this type later used racially neutral language to survive legal challenge, but were expected to be enforced against blacks rather than whites.[48]
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Gun_control

In response to your obvious slanted post where you "cherry picked" a few lines from a lengthy article on guns and laws let me assure you that "blacks" in any area of the United States can get guns easier than whites.

However I really question the purpose of such a race slanted post.

mss

Edited by mss, 27 April 2012 - 09:05 AM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#25 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Scott I took the post to show that gun control laws limit rights and freedom of individuals. Besides, if a criminal thinks you are unprotected and robs you, or kills you, the police will fill out a report.

#26 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

In response to your obvious slanted post where you "cherry picked" a few lines from a lengthy article on guns

So, it was picked? How else could it be appreciated?

You can pick some cherries if you want - just quote them and provide a link.

and laws let me assure you that "blacks" in any area of the United States can get guns easier than whites.

Why/how is it easier for them?

However I really question the purpose of such a race slanted post.
mss

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Santayana

The first gun laws were enacted to limit the rights of blacks. Future gun laws, if enacted, will do similar.

Edited by Dex, 29 April 2012 - 06:18 PM.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16