more concolidation

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#141 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:03 AM

Personally I would concentrate on the contracting triangle on the dailies, as gold can break down (or up) from this contraction, instead of silly nonsense like astrology.

#142 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

mercury goes direct today, so change is the order of the day. no matter what happens most probably it wont be the end of the world. maybe the end of the world as we know it. w/ the rise of wealth in the far east, this has brought almost 1/2 the worlds population into the financial arena. what i mean is now that part of the world is competing to buy food, iron, steel, oil etc. does the world have the resources to accommodate them? of course based on the law of supply and demand, they will find what they need, the question is @what price? the price of stuff is going to go higher, probably alot higher. and yet the gold community coughs up its holdings @ the sign of weakness, it has happened throughout this bull market. there is lots of fiat around, ok there is not enough to service the huge debt and have prosperity. no problem ben has said we have the printing press. and so it is and will be. sure there will be fiat rallies. but they will result in lower lows. there are many factors coming together here, the election is a major one. ben is appointed by the president. yes, in the short term , today =mercury changes motion. can we have one more low in gold, absolutely. as i said in a previous post fridays hgnsi of -4% is not the kind of # where declines begin, but of course anything is possible. me, i have been and will continue to nibble on issues that i feel good about holding. resources are going to get more and more dear. its a simple equation of supply and demand. throw in the possibility of more debasement and you have the makings of a bull market. sure corrections confound and confuse, its their purpose. sovereigns either pay, or renege, or debase. there are no other choices , historically. are you prepared? dharma

#143 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

progress is being made..gdx over its 50 ma..now to close over it and stay over it..headed then towards 46 then 48..but over extended on the short frame...miners leading pm..silver is showing signs next ..28.50 will be a pnf buy..yesterday it seemed obvious that gdx was going to conquer its 50 day ma when it touched it 2 times ..but Mecury retrograde could be still tricking us..I think the retracement will help give us clues..if we are beginning a serious rally..if there are any decent retracements..LOL!..watching and waiting to see if the relative strength changes to a buy or X on pnf..

#144 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

these days its just traderama and i communicating on the board. we can communicate by email, which we often do, no need for us to post our conversations on a board devoid of ideas!? dharma

#145 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

these days its just traderama and i communicating on the board. we can communicate by email, which we often do, no need for us to post our conversations on a board devoid of ideas!?
dharma

I enjoy very much reading all the posts in this thread. I lack the knowledge to add anything useful, but I do learn from everyone here. Thanks to all who continue to post.

#146 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

I should add, because of what I'm learning here I was able to stay calm through this last correction and instead of throwing away my shares I added to them.

#147 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

I should add, because of what I'm learning here I was able to stay calm through this last correction and instead of throwing away my shares I added to them.

that speaks volumes!
dharma

#148 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Dharma- I always read your valuable input. Please do not feel that you are talking to your self. Jabat

#149 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

these days its just traderama and i communicating on the board. we can communicate by email, which we often do, no need for us to post our conversations on a board devoid of ideas!?
dharma

Sorry - been tied up for a couple of days! Just starting to "catch-up" now.

stubaby

Edited by stubaby, 08 August 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#150 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

money has been leaving the spanish banks, that process continues. the bankers want to get paid, they promote austerity as the means to do so. the financial fabric of the world economy gets weaker day by day. gold does nothing. unable to break above 1630 for starters.it is in a holding pattern. i dont want to buy little weakness, i want to buy a drubbing so i sit. will the euro get hit again? will the dollar take to the skies. kyle bass has stated that he thinks japan is the next weak link .ben cant have the stock market crash before the election. not if he wants to be reappointed so many questions no answers. just waiting. dharma

Edited by dharma, 09 August 2012 - 10:39 AM.