chris powell on silver
http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be
dharma

#152 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

I remain in watchful waiting mode for gold to break out. :ninja: As many have pointed out it is still consolidating for another move higher or do we see it sell off. :unsure:
Peace
johngeorge

#153 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

chris powell on silver
dharma

the way gold acted today, it's like it's expecting something soon..next turn date Aug 16 plus/minus 3..that would put the window from Monday to the 20th.
TM

#154 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

chris powell on silver
dharma

the way gold acted today, it's like it's expecting something soon..next turn date Aug 16 plus/minus 3..that would put the window from Monday to the 20th.
TM

TM,

Today should be an interesting up day, as well as August should be an interesting up month. After August, I am not very bullish till November 2012.
IMO

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#155 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

chris powell on silver
dharma

TM

TM,

Today should be an interesting up day, as well as August should be an interesting up month. After August, I am not very bullish till November 2012.
IMO

-tria

Hi Tria,
Just curious why you are bearish after August when we are in the beginning of a bullish period due to the Indian weddings. Or is it just your gut talking due to the politics involved with Bernanke?...just wondering. I can't predict that far out. I'm just going to let the market dictate it. I see we are piercing through the 1623 area..everyone is watching that 1642 area...that's where some real fireworks will happen..maybe after 1631..but even silver is showing strong signs here that it's close to a breakout..without me putting what i think might happen, technically short term it's looking good especially the miners
TM

#156 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

listening to the market is wisdom, in this arena. i dont care what happens here , i buy when some of the issues that i like get taken to the woodshed. and i will hold them and wait. few are superb traders, and those who think they are will be put to the test when the volatility starts. late 79 early 80 , every thing i sold , i had to pay more for later. such is the nature of parabolics. kyle bass in his yearly forum had stated that he thought japan was in more trouble than europe. no one is talking about japan, they have been and continue to monetize away. @the supermarkets, i am noticing prices of staples are rising . they are selling last years crop, this years crop has not been harvested yet. i imagine prices will be forced to rise again. as i look out @the sovereign landscape i dont see any sovereign w/a comprehensive plan to reduce their debt. and this is while interest rates are still @extreme lows. what will happen to servicing the debt when rates rise.? seems to me this game has been stretched to its maximum potential. now we wait. set out traps and wait. will there be a moment? an event? or will the realization dawn on investors slowly? i am not that smart or have anwers. i do know when the boat leaves, i want to be comfortably on board. as i stated over the years, when gold left 400s in 79 most of the top analysts were @ the dock. "too far too fast" "it needs to correct" funny how gold didnt hear or listen to them. we are in the midst of a year long correction/consolidation. this can and will be a springboard for higher prices. to inquiring minds-when? darn you look great in that turban! hope it makes you rich! how has it done for you? dharma respond to what is present

#157 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

chris powell on silver
dharma

TM

TM,

IMO

-tria

Hi Tria,
Just curious why you are bearish after August when we are in the beginning of a bullish period due to the Indian weddings. Or is it just your gut talking due to the politics involved with Bernanke?...just wondering. I can't predict that far out. I'm just going to let the market dictate it. I see we are piercing through the 1623 area..everyone is watching that 1642 area...that's where some real fireworks will happen..maybe after 1631..but even silver is showing strong signs here that it's close to a breakout..without me putting what i think might happen, technically short term it's looking good especially the miners
TM

Ηι ΤΜ,
Eric Hadik's cycle analysis, combined with Parker's cycles, combined with Cris Carolan's Solunar model for Gold.
Let me put it this way, I am not all that bullish after late August and would not be unpleasantly surprised if the 'Chinese torture' sideways consolidation lasts till late this year. This doesn't make me bearish.
I am very bullish for the first half of 2013.

25week cycle lows:
http://stockcharts.c...amp;a=252432838

There is an expiring mcd-T near the end of August as well (see green vertical line).
The chart originator is Mike from the T-Theory forum:
http://stockcharts.c...p...&listNum=19

This is my best forward vision for now, but remain flexible to a different outcome as we all should be.

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#158 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

chris powell on silver
dharma

TM

TM,

IMO

-tria

Hi Tria,
TM

Ηι ΤΜ,
Eric Hadik's cycle analysis, combined with Parker's cycles, combined with Cris Carolan's Solunar model for Gold.
Let me put it this way, I am not all that bullish after late August and would not be unpleasantly surprised if the 'Chinese torture' sideways consolidation lasts till late this year. This doesn't make me bearish.
I am very bullish for the first half of 2013.

25week cycle lows:
http://stockcharts.c...amp;a=252432838

There is an expiring mcd-T near the end of August as well (see green vertical line).
The chart originator is Mike from the T-Theory forum:
http://stockcharts.c...p...&listNum=19

This is my best forward vision for now, but remain flexible to a different outcome as we all should be.

-tria

Thanks for sharing. We'll know in due time and see if the T-theory/cycles work out this time. Yes, best to remain flexible because the FEd or CB's can easily screw the T theory as it has before..I know from first hand because back in 2010, I followed it and regreted it when I shorted and later to find out Laundry's back pedalled. Hence, I just do my own due diligence and take it all in..respecting those that have had some good calls but at the same time realizing it doesn't work 100%..and being flexible is the number one thing to be..plus just manage your risk. Astro wise we will enter a postive period from Aug 23-Oct1..plus lines up with the Indian wedding buying. I'm accumulating until I get all my confirmations in before I'm aggressive. Yea, we could easily breakout this time over 1700, rally just under 1800 as all are calling the bottom only to come back down in November..anything can happen..best to always have some cash for sure.

Best to you
Irene

#159 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

- San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank President John Williams said Friday he now supports another round of asset purchases. "It seems like if we have the tools to move us faster toward our goals, we should use them," Williams said in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. Williams is a voting member of the interest-rate setting Federal Open Market Committee this year. Earlier this week, Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren also came out in support of QE3. Both Williams and Rosengren said they favor an "open-ended" program of monthly purchases. The first two rounds of quantitative easing ended on a specific calendar date. Top economists are split fairly evenly on whether the central bank would launch another round of stimulus, according to Blue Chip Economic Indicators TM

#160 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

- San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank President John Williams said Friday he now supports another round of asset purchases. "It seems like if we have the tools to move us faster toward our goals, we should use them," Williams said in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. Williams is a voting member of the interest-rate setting Federal Open Market Committee this year. Earlier this week, Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren also came out in support of QE3. Both Williams and Rosengren said they favor an "open-ended" program of monthly purchases. The first two rounds of quantitative easing ended on a specific calendar date. Top economists are split fairly evenly on whether the central bank would launch another round of stimulus, according to Blue Chip Economic Indicators

TM

~ Wayne Gretzky