382 replies to this topic

#351 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Me thinks the gold stock bottom might be in place, uno step at a time

Senor

Very noticeable last week was all the talk of downside targets by many and in various forums, all upside targets were suddenly forgotten.
Gold and Silver may or may not have one more low coming. GDX I believe has seen its corrective low however.
Furthermore, I believe that those who always correlate the USD, SPX to the PMS may be dissapointed.
December 2012 may be the end of many correlations as we knew them in the last few years.

-tria

if one buys here for a trade like Idid you have to have a tight stop, if rally fails here then I am gone muy rapido

NO BS

Senor

Si Senor, tripple longs like NUGT are not to get married with.

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#352 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

The longer this consolidation lasts, the harder this yellow will fail/ fall. Consolidations usually means getting more on the drowning ships....just saying! I like these daily candles... :D
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#353 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

The longer this consolidation lasts, the harder this yellow will fail/ fall. Consolidations usually means getting more on the drowning ships....just saying! I like these daily candles... :D

yup, keep us informed.
sentiment reached the same or near the same extreme as @ previous bottoms. listening to the 100 yr old who bought gold @21 , gets my juices flowing. personally, i would like to see divergences , but we may not get them. from what i read the bugs are net short. dazed and confused for so long........... you cant change the reality of the situation by bashing gold/silver. bottom buying offers risk, but can be great reward. tax selling will end /or has ended. i keep referring to the 75-76 bear. it was a 50% haircut. then gold went up 8+x. drowning in debt are we?
big deflation. refer to blacktooths chart of gold back in the depression. it is quite instructive. 500 in 34 was alot of money. leverage kills. those nugt can be deadly.
patience lads.
Shinzo abe will cure the deflation just give him time. he has been riding the boj even before his election

dharma

#354 bunker

bunker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

yup, keep us informed.
sentiment reached the same or near the same extreme as @ previous bottoms. listening to the 100 yr old who bought gold @21 , gets my juices flowing. personally, i would like to see divergences , but we may not get them. from what i read the bugs are net short. dazed and confused for so long........... you cant change the reality of the situation by bashing gold/silver. bottom buying offers risk, but can be great reward. tax selling will end /or has ended. i keep referring to the 75-76 bear. it was a 50% haircut. then gold went up 8+x. drowning in debt are we?
big deflation. refer to blacktooths chart of gold back in the depression. it is quite instructive. 500 in 34 was alot of money. leverage kills. those nugt can be deadly.
patience lads.
Shinzo abe will cure the deflation just give him time. he has been riding the boj even before his election

dharma

Umm..notice the similarity here:

http://scharts.co/ViPiQr

This cliff thing is having a major effect on WINNERS because you need to sell them this year.
I think you can still buy Gold and Apple late next week. If I'm wrong, for me it's a missed opportunity. While I like Tria's Gretzky signature, if we are going up, up, and away, there is time to approach the goalie with a wingman.

Caveat: PM's are not my trading vehicle, but I am inclined to get long soon.

#355 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

appl may not wait for that entry here

yup, keep us informed.
patience lads.

dharma

Umm..notice the similarity here:

http://scharts.co/ViPiQr

This cliff thing is having a major effect on WINNERS because you need to sell them this year.
I think you can still buy Gold and Apple late next week. If I'm wrong, for me it's a missed opportunity. While I like Tria's Gretzky signature, if we are going up, up, and away, there is time to approach the goalie with a wingman.

Caveat: PM's are not my trading vehicle, but I am inclined to get long soon.

#356 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Now, you are talking stubabes. I calculated 1450$ as bottom (??), that is why I have a stop at 1450 but you seem to have 1425. Quite possible, sometimes the market extrapolates. I will move my stops as necessary. More or less, the point I would like to make here is I am seeing the same target (both time and price) as you. :rolleyes:

Use the weekly charts instead of daily, the indicators will show you more.

Excuse the new guy, but if 1450 or1425 is the bottom, what's the top? And will the $25 mean anything ?

$Gold 3462. For commodities, the rule is w5 = 1.62 X w3 (unlike equities), extended w5 @ 2.62 is also possible

1425 is doubtful. Chart here:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&yr=7&mn=0&dy=0&i=p82767204720&a=276813347&r=1356675227300.png

Edited by beta, 28 December 2012 - 01:30 AM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#357 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

sold sil for small loss, NUGt for small gain, now flat Senor

#358 bunker

bunker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Now, you are talking stubabes. I calculated 1450$ as bottom (??), that is why I have a stop at 1450 but you seem to have 1425. Quite possible, sometimes the market extrapolates. I will move my stops as necessary. More or less, the point I would like to make here is I am seeing the same target (both time and price) as you. :rolleyes:

Use the weekly charts instead of daily, the indicators will show you more.

Excuse the new guy, but if 1450 or1425 is the bottom, what's the top? And will the $25 mean anything ?

$Gold 3462. For commodities, the rule is w5 = 1.62 X w3 (unlike equities), extended w5 @ 2.62 is also possible

1425 is doubtful. Chart here:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&yr=7&mn=0&dy=0&i=p82767204720&a=276813347&r=1356675227300.png

Interesting, beta, we are looking at almost the same chart

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$GOL...amp;a=266296808

BTW, can anyone tell me why my last post was repeated by Dougie? Am I doing something wrong?

#359 bunker

bunker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

BTW, can anyone tell me why my last post was repeated by Dougie? Am I doing something wrong?

Dougie, I figured out that your reply was at the top of the quote, rather than the bottom. Newbie mistake on my part.

Edited by blacktooth, 28 December 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#360 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Dougie, I figured out that your reply was at the top of the quote, rather than the bottom. Newbie mistake on my part.

I thought you would figure it out Blacktooth, but since I do not know how to quote a comment I kept silent.

Have a nice weekend,
-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky