Another Day another Massacre

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

My neighbor's life was saved a few years ago...BY A GUN!
(Actually his neighbor saved him by the use of a gun. But if guns kill people then I guess they save people also.)

As he was taking his dogs for a walk in our neighborhood a Pit Bulldog attacked and killed one of his dogs, then began attacking him.
His neighbor heard the terrible screams, and was able to put the vicious Pit Bulldog down!
The bones in the victim's legs had been broken and he was bleeding badly.
After week's in the hospital and months in rehab, once again he walks the street with his surviving dog.
Most passers by now tell me that they carry a weapon when walking.
It sure is peaceful here now.
See Pit Bulls attack get a gun!

Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 December 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#52 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Review: Django Unchained
...bounty hunting, hangings or shootouts with body counts in the dozens.
At it's core, a bloody good revenge romp to find the man who now owns Django's wife.

Schultz is deadly accurate as a shooter, and Django is a fast-draw master, and firearms are their weapons of choice, with Tarantino idealizing their kills from a Sam Peckinpah "Wild Bunch" perspective. But rather than violent blood sprays, we often view pink, pulpy chunks of bad guys that go flying thanks to shotgun blasts and close-range pistol fire.

In leaving a bloody trail across the South, Tarantino plants one in-joke after another.
You can't want for more than that out of a film.

Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 26 December 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#53 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Is it the guns (which have been in this land before the country was founded...or the culture of violence?

CHICAGOLAND: 14 Shot, 1 Dead Over Christmas Eve, Day...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 26 December 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#54 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Now that we have learned that daily spending hours engaged in graphic, wanton violence in entertainment HAS NO EFFECT on children, I began to wonder why smoking has been banned on TV and in magazines, and largely even in movies?

Seems a bit inconsistent to me.

Tobacco advertising has been off TV since about l975 in Toto- Cigarette advertising much longer ( Piper, cigar and so-called Little Cigar ads were allowed up until the mid-late seventies).
TV-Land is a smoke free zone- excepting reruns of movies which show tobacco use- such as those by Bogart and George Burns.

Entertaining, graphic, wanton violence: good... tobacco: bad. ???

Here's what you will not see in 2013:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
NOTE: Johnny Carson used to smoke like a chimney on his T.V. show.
Now it looks like Google has been scrubbed of any photos showing him smoking.

Here's what you will see in 2013:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 27 December 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#55 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Review: Django Unchained
...bounty hunting, hangings or shootouts with body counts in the dozens.
At it's core, a bloody good revenge romp to find the man who now owns Django's wife.

Sick, Sick Hollywood

What is wrong with these people? What is their psychopathology?

Actor Jamie Foxx joked recently about his new movie role: “I kill all the white people in the movie. How great is that?” Reverse white and black in the relevant ways and even a comedian would hear national outrage. Instead, his hip Saturday Night Live audience even gave Foxx applause.

http://www.nationalr...r-davis-hanson#
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#56 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

It must be the guns shooting people, not the culture of violence:

Chicago hits 500 murders in 2012...
'Unfortunate'...

“We don’t label members for the majority, they label themselves. They’re very proud of their gang and they’re self-admitted gang members,” said Gorman. “Secondly, there’s part of some investigative work that may identify a person as a gang member, whether it be through an investigation or whether it be be through different tattoos.”
Chicago Police distinguish between the terms “gang associated” and “gang motivated.” Gang-associated means the victim or offender is a gang member, regardless of whether the murder is actually tied to gang activity. Gang-motivated means the motive for the murder was directly related to gang activity.
The percentage of murders that are gang-motivated through June of this year is 53 percent.
Gang-related shootings and murders would be closer to 80 percent.

http://chicagotonigh...ll-gang-related

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 December 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#57 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

Teachers to carry guns. Brilliant! So here is the next headline. TEACHER GOES BESERK AND SLAUGHTERS ENTIRE CLASS. Let's start the countdown now. It's so predictable.

#58 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Yes I know most people won't get it but the theory goes like this. You give up weapons and leave yourself vulnerable. You may die like Gandhi. The choice is whether your life is more important than a change in culture. Most would chose life. I chose to own no weapons.

#59 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Yes I know most people won't get it but the theory goes like this.

You give up weapons and leave yourself vulnerable.

You may die like Gandhi.

The choice is whether your life is more important than a change in culture.

Most would chose life.

I chose to own no weapons.

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#60 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,874 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

If you really want to see how hypocritical the Hollywood Celebrities are about guns and wanton graphic violence...

Go to youtube.com

and enter:

Demand A Plan - Demand Celebrities Go

Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 31 December 2012 - 12:07 AM.