• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Inflation over the past 4 years is at about 45%, maybe a bit more. Money supply is ramping higher guaranteeing even nastier (and harder to hide) inflation. Real unemployment is at 14.4% and even that might be understating it. The housing market is bleak, still. Financing is unavailable for most. The Real stock market value must be discounted by real inflation, and similarly corporate profits. Granted, though, in the inflationary environment we're in, stocks can be expected to do well--there's no place else for the money to go. We are arguably in a recession right now, after not much of recovery. It's bad and getting worse with no end in sight. M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#32 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Inflation over the past 4 years is at about 45%...

What possible measure are you using to derive this silliness?
John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

If the world didn't suck, wouldn't we all just fly off?

#33 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

RECORD MONEY TAKEN FROM CITIZENS, GIVEN TO POLITICIANS' SUPPORTERS!

Federal Tax Revenue to Set Record in 2013...

Tax bills for rich families approach 30-year high...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 04 March 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#34 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

RECORD MONEY TAKEN FROM CITIZENS, GIVEN TO POLITICIANS' SUPPORTERS!

Federal Tax Revenue to Set Record in 2013...

Tax bills for rich families approach 30-year high...

Yea, those poor billionaires, paying 35%. I can just imagine how many of their sons and daughters got sent to Iraq to fight and die as well.

We ask so much of them. :swoon:
John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

#35 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Your class warfare is immoral and harmful to the poor.

The job loss from tax increases on the "rich" will most hit those who aren't.
The contractors, gardeners and all others who provide services to the “2%” now face a double whammy. First, their customers have less money to spend after tax. And second, their pre-tax price just went up 10%. Like it or not, such a price increase on families with less disposable income will lead to a combination of less employment and lower wages for those who do business with the 2%.

Unlike the example of the sales tax above, much of the burden of the higher tax rates are likely to fall on those who provide services to the 2%. The family with an income of more than $250,000 may suffer the inconvenience of not upgrading their kitchen. But, the contractor loses all of the income that he would have earned, and the people he otherwise would have employed lose their jobs. Their ability to enter into mutually beneficial exchanges have also been impaired, leading to a further decline in income earning opportunities for the 98%.
LINK TO REALITY

#36 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Your class warfare is immoral and harmful to the poor.

The job loss from tax increases on the "rich" will most hit those who aren't.
The contractors, gardeners and all others who provide services to the “2%” now face a double whammy. First, their customers have less money to spend after tax. And second, their pre-tax price just went up 10%. Like it or not, such a price increase on families with less disposable income will lead to a combination of less employment and lower wages for those who do business with the 2%.

Unlike the example of the sales tax above, much of the burden of the higher tax rates are likely to fall on those who provide services to the 2%. The family with an income of more than $250,000 may suffer the inconvenience of not upgrading their kitchen. But, the contractor loses all of the income that he would have earned, and the people he otherwise would have employed lose their jobs. Their ability to enter into mutually beneficial exchanges have also been impaired, leading to a further decline in income earning opportunities for the 98%.
LINK TO REALITY

Ah, the tax rate increase was for households making over $450K ($400k for single filers), moving the rate from 35 percent back to Clinton time 39.6 percent - that additional 4.6% is ONLY on the amount OVER $450K after all deductions. Folks in that group might buy a few less T-bill but they're not going to put off their granite countertops. If I tried that on my wife, she would threaten divorce - not because I was too cheap but that I thought she was that stupid.

#37 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

Coming soon to a government healthcare program near you:

The 22-year-old mother had been forced to have the abortion because she did not have enough money to pay the $6,400 fine for having a second child.“I told you, $6,400, not even a penny less. I told your dad that and he said he has no money,” a family planning official wrote to Deng in a blunt text message that quickly went viral. “You were too careless, you didn’t think this was a big deal.”Feng was grabbed from her home and taken to a local hospital in her native Shaanxi province where she was blindfolded, thrown on a bed and forced to a sign a document she couldn’t read. Thirty hours later, her baby girl was aborted.China has long defended its one-child policy as a way to prevent overpopulation and to help raise living standards across the country.
LINK

It could never happen in the USA, Right?
Under ObamaCare, the smoking penalty could add $5,086 to the cost.

A recent survey asked respondents if they smoked after sex.
3% said they never looked.

Roger

So you would prefer to have a zillion people in China, all starving.

The human population is on a parabolic scale like all bubbles.

It will end with a crash like all similar scenerios, both financial and more importantly, like animal dynamics.

Yet, you think we can just multiply ad infinitum.

Amazing!

#38 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Inflation over the past 4 years is at about 45%, maybe a bit more. Money supply is ramping higher guaranteeing even nastier (and harder to hide) inflation. Real unemployment is at 14.4% and even that might be understating it. The housing market is bleak, still. Financing is unavailable for most.

The Real stock market value must be discounted by real inflation, and similarly corporate profits. Granted, though, in the inflationary environment we're in, stocks can be expected to do well--there's no place else for the money to go. We are arguably in a recession right now, after not much of recovery. It's bad and getting worse with no end in sight.

M

OEX

Try looking at the facts.

Things are getting better and trying to add conspiracy to it doesn't work.

The public can feel the improvement and trying to twist it is just your mind in a twist.

#39 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

I love those that suggest you can't run a business if you have to pay "award" wages or a "living" wage. These were the same arguments used by the slavers. If we pay the "blacks" then we will go broke. For some reason, "capitalism" always considers the welfare of its "employees" as inconsequential. Few realise that employees with money in their pockets is actually a plus. The other argument I love is how Lincoln was a hero and Saddam was a tyrant. Both attempted to hold together a nation which was diverse. Saddam slaughtered many to keep Iraq intact as did Tito etc. Lincoln slaughtered more than Saddam ever did to maintain a nation. Slavery was a secondary issue really. My view is that if states or parts of a nation wish to secede, then they have that right. Like most nations, in my country Australia, we have had various states at times (when wealthier briefly) suggesting separating. I say, let them, but point out that rejoining comes with a "fee". Capricious behaviour in nationhood requires penalties that means decisions are thought about on a long term basis.

#40 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

INSIDE NKOREA: SHOCK PHOTOS...