Government oppression and slavery

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

It is done in commercial contract and statute.

Some highlights I focused on from Financial Sense Newshour, Apr 13,
Puplova on Budget subject.

a) Cancellation of inflation indexing in SS and tax brackets.
B) Increase of 1T taxes
c) Confiscation of "qualified" pensions above 3M
d) Spending increase 4% per year
e) Elimination of tax deductions
f) Obamacare adding 4T to debt, they didn't state the timeframe

I am watching for a scenerio, of running debt to 30-35T on the ponzie monitization
which is enabled by a) above, and probably intended to obfuscate the collapse rate
of a through e.

That is how they do slavery. The victims got trapped by volunteering into
hidden and implied contracts.

The people don't think they have guns to oppose govt, they think it is
to protect their stuff from zombies, when above has done its work.

Slavery.

You have no idea.

You want your cake and eat it too.

Do you want a cohesive society or a dog eat dog free for all.

Sounds like you want anarchy YET would condemn anarchists as those from the left.

Very sick.

V-
I learned some time ago not to attempt to tease out any rational systmatic thought from convoluted conflating (e.g. smart/dumb govt spending leads to inflationary deflation jack-booted govt repressive anarchy with a dash of sun spots and decade-of-cooling thrown in).

Instead, do as I do, take joy in making a lot of money off of them. :banana:

I understand that the Ron Paul portfolio is down 60% over the last few months. I wonder if he too will wind up like Ayn Rand... on the govt dole. :rolleyes:
John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

If the world didn't suck, wouldn't we all just fly off?

#52 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

I wonder if he too will wind up like Ayn Rand... on the govt dole. :rolleyes:

The rest of what you post is worthless when you resort to leftist distortions and lies.

On the govt dole my A$$.

1 -- she was well over 65 at the time of her lung surgery -- on Social Security and Medicare -- both of which she paid for before and after 65...they are NOT welfare, the dole, or anthing similar.
2 -- there is no choice for medicare, you are automatically enrolled at 65. Doctors are not even allowed to take cash from people enrolled in Medicare.
3 -- she, like all of us, had NO oportunity to hold a "regular" health insurance policy after 65. All over 65 are forced in to Medicare (except under REALLY unusual circumstances)
4 -- your leftists sources (obviously, the only ones you consult) even resort to calling her a welfare queen, "riding high" on welfare. They also said she did it in secret since it was not under "ayn rand" -- her nom de plume -- but they HIDE the facts of the requirements to use one's legal name.

You and your fellow leftists here are JOKES.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#53 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Piers Morgan: Say, I guess government can become tyrannical after all

Piers Morgan, who engaged in some of the worst demagoguery outside of the White House and Capitol Hill over the last six months on that issue, routinely derided the idea that the American government couldn’t be trusted to abide by the law and tell the truth. Now, after watching what happened at the IRS — and to the Associated Press — the CNN host admits to Penn Jillette that maybe people had a point about creeping tyranny after all:

I’d guess that these scandals have put an end to any notion of reviving gun control in this session of Congress. In light of the revelations at the IRS and the Department of Justice over the last few days, which red-state Senators of either party are going to sign up to expand federal oversight of guns?

http://hotair.com/ar...ical-after-all/
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#54 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

Well the fact is that unlimited money can buy any govt, statute , influence they want. Notice that no bad statue is every replaced. Either side loves it for when they rotate into the money, and it is a self feeding sociopath disease. Oh they thought if they just made govt one more bigger, one more legislation, one more statue would one up all those other big corruption failures, double down, because they thought their tyrant was better than the past tyrants.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#55 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

I wonder if he too will wind up like Ayn Rand... on the govt dole. :rolleyes:

The rest of what you post is worthless when you resort to leftist distortions and lies.

On the govt dole my A$$.

1 -- she was well over 65 at the time of her lung surgery -- on Social Security and Medicare -- both of which she paid for before and after 65...they are NOT welfare, the dole, or anthing similar.
2 -- there is no choice for medicare, you are automatically enrolled at 65. Doctors are not even allowed to take cash from people enrolled in Medicare.
3 -- she, like all of us, had NO oportunity to hold a "regular" health insurance policy after 65. All over 65 are forced in to Medicare (except under REALLY unusual circumstances)
4 -- your leftists sources (obviously, the only ones you consult) even resort to calling her a welfare queen, "riding high" on welfare. They also said she did it in secret since it was not under "ayn rand" -- her nom de plume -- but they HIDE the facts of the requirements to use one's legal name.

You and your fellow leftists here are JOKES.

Whoa, I didn't see this before. So let me respond now.

It's not about Left or Right, it's about hypocrisy.

SS and Medicare are govt programs that she'd railed against. Where would she have been without them. At the time, she was basically broke and the govt safety net did what it was suppose to do. If she had been honorable in her words, she should not have taken the support but rather curled up and died as a true martyr rather than the hypocrite that she turned out to be.

It's a choice, dude, no one forces you to take the govt money or the insurance benefits.

And by the way, I haven't bothered to run her numbers but as with most people, you get a lot more out of Medicare and SS than you ever put in. And here's where you come back and say, well if I put the money in the stock market I would have gotten more out - that just shows a fundamental lack of financial understanding about risk - e.g. why people pay the govt essentially to hold their money. But please proceed with your Right wing talking points - I love trashing that ideologue crap almost as much as taking your money!

Edited by salsabob, 18 May 2013 - 04:22 PM.

John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

#56 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

In what world do you Statists live? No oppression?
Probably not as much as you would like to see.

But here is the real world of political opperssion:
Congressman Receives Standing Ovation After He Rips IRS Commissioner
"This reconfirms everything the American public believes.
This is a huge blow to the faith and trust that the American people have in their government.
Is there any limit to the scope where you folks can go?
Is there anything at all?
Is there any way that we could ask you is there any question that you should have asked?

'Please detail the content of the members of your organizations prayers.'
'How much money do you have in your wallet?'
'Who do you get emails from?'
'Whose sign do you put up in your front yard?.' !!!

This is a tax question?

And you don't think that's intimidating? It's sure as hell intimidating. And I don't know that I got any answers from you today. And I don't know that -- what Mr. George said is great work -- but you know what? There's a heck of a lot more that has to come out in this. Any anybody that sat here today and listened to what you had to say, I am more concerned today than I was before, and the fact that
you all can do just about anything you want to anybody?

You know, you can put anybody out of business that you want. Any time you want.

I gotta tell you. You could talk about how you're a horribly run organization, if you're on the other side of the fence, you're not giving that excuse. And the IRS comes in, you're not allowed to be shoddy, you're not allowed to be run horribly, you're not allowed to make mistakes, you're not allowed to do one darn thing that doesn't come in compliance, and if you do, you're held responsible right then.
I just think the American people have seen what's going on right now in their government.
This is absolutely an overreach and this is an outrage for all Americans."

OPPRESSION:
a : unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power. b : something that oppresses especially in being an unjust or excessive exercise of power.
But in the world of the Statist, the end (Utopia) always justifies the means and therefore can't be oppressive.

The Fair Tax would eliminate this oppression once and for all.
That's why it will never be allowed.
The State must maintain control through fear.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 May 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#57 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Limited Government - Bulbs Are Popping in Liberal's Heads

It is a bizzaro world indeed when left-leaning Slate makes a better case for limited government than the Mitt Romney Campaign

In theory, the civil-servant structure should make an organization less prone to an eruption of bias or of hive-mind behavior. But that's not how it works. Liberals are more likely to enter the civil service, and to stick to it, than conservatives are. And why not? Conservatives want to shrink the size of government; Republicans have negotiated deals federally, and in the states, that slashed or froze the size of the bureaucracies.

This moment may allow some insight into the views of those who opposed gun control legislation. Republicans senators who ultimately voted against the Manchin-Toomey compromise talked about "paranoia" among some gun owners about a national gun registry. Liberals pointed out that the Manchin-Toomey legislation had provisions... in place to discourage excessive behavior. Conservatives saw it a different way. Excessive behavior (in government) is inherent.

Read more: http://www.americant...l#ixzz2TqIKFRa8
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#58 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

In what world do you Statists live? No oppression?
Probably not as much as you would like to see.

Don't expect this to change. As the government becomes more desperate for money the IRS will be going become more oppressive.

Just wait until the USA institutes a VAT.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#59 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Okay, let's see if those that typically rail against the govt actually are willing to support a simple change in the tax code to get the IRS out of making political decisions.

The legislation on 501 c (3) states -

Civil leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare or local associations of employees, the membership of which is limited to the employees of a designated person or persons in a particular municipality, and the net earnings of which are devoted exclusively to charitable, educational, or recreational purposes.

However, since the Eisenhower Administration, the IRS has interpreted that in the Tax Code as being -

[i] [a]n organization is operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare if it is primarily engaged in promoting in some way the common good and general welfare of the people of the community. An organization embraced within this section is one which is operated primarily for the purpose of bringing about civic betterments and social improvements.

- which means the Tax Code defies not only the original legislative intent but also the dictionary! ;)

It also means that anonymous donors are getting a big tax break to pour money into political ads to buy our elected representatives. And if they're getting a tax break, the rest of us have to pay for it with our higher taxes! We're also pushing bureaucrats into making calls on what is too political. And every since the Supreme Court's decision on Citizen Untied, the IRS has been inundated with 1000s of requests for exemptions this past year - now that could because all those new organizations suddenly wanted to pour money into getting hot meals to the shut-ins and orphans and it was just an election year by coincidence :rolleyes: but even so, its overwhelming the IRS even before the furloughs began under the Sequestration.

So let's not just do the usual whining about big evil govt. Let's actually do something! Let's get the IRS out of politics. Let's not pay higher taxes so others can get exemptions so they can buy our government.

Support the petition!

http://crew.3cdn.net...0_i1m6b5q6u.pdf

Okay, cue the crickets. :rolleyes:

Oh, but I'm sure Carl Rove and the Krotch brothers have signed on! :P

Edited by salsabob, 20 May 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#60 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,877 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Even the crickets have quit chirping because of the government oppression.

Former IRS chief: Can't say how targeting happened...

CBSNEWS reporter: My computers hacked, too...
'Began in Feb. 2011 during reporting on Fast and Furious'...

IRS Went After 83-Year-Old 'Tea Party' Member; Survived WW2 Internment Camp...

IRS targeted conservative college interns...

WH briefing room grows tense as reporters hammer laughing, joking Carney...

DOJ TARGETED FOXNEWS REPORTERS, PRODUCER...

GOOGLE TURNED OVER PRIVATE E MAILS TO GOVT...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 May 2013 - 12:45 PM.