the present situation

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#51 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

2008 poduced divergences. this market so far has 2 breakaway gaps -no signs of exhaustion if you like catching falling knives , ....... waiting patiently. in no hurry dharma

#52 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

couple of thoughts: i dont believe the lows are in 11 was a mini parabolic 75-76 produced a 50% correction in gold which took 20 months to complete we are now 20 months from the 11 highs. i also keep in mind that this bull is longer in duration than the previous bull gold started trading on the comex in 74 this crash looks like the crash in 87 in the broads, i used the sp as a map. lets see if it continues to follow it i also looked @the 08 crash in gold for comparisons. i do not believe the top is in i havent subsequently got the hgnsi but on friday it was -37.5% a new low. not a # seen @tops but @ bottoms everyone in the euro zone, japan, and usa is being squeezed for money . interest rates remain @historic lows the system is becoming more and more unstable the dollar is in a triangle or pennant pattern. =continuation pattern. which means that the dollar should continue the trend that it was in before the triangle/pennant new lows would not surprise me. new highs for the move would not surprise me. money is sloshing around the world seeking safety. cyprus is a case in point. the system is becoming more and more unstable money is seeking returns and above all else safety the dollars role as a reserve currency is being chipped away @. still old habits die hard dharma

#53 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

couple of thoughts:
i dont believe the lows are in
11 was a mini parabolic
75-76 produced a 50% correction in gold which took 20 months to complete
we are now 20 months from the 11 highs. i also keep in mind that this bull is longer in duration than the previous bull
gold started trading on the comex in 74
this crash looks like the crash in 87 in the broads, i used the sp as a map. lets see if it continues to follow it
i also looked @the 08 crash in gold for comparisons.
i do not believe the top is in
i havent subsequently got the hgnsi but on friday it was -37.5% a new low. not a # seen @tops but @ bottoms
everyone in the euro zone, japan, and usa is being squeezed for money . interest rates remain @historic lows
the system is becoming more and more unstable
the dollar is in a triangle or pennant pattern.
=continuation pattern. which means that the dollar should continue the trend that it was in before the triangle/pennant
new lows would not surprise me. new highs for the move would not surprise me.
money is sloshing around the world seeking safety. cyprus is a case in point. the system is becoming more and more unstable
money is seeking returns and above all else safety
the dollars role as a reserve currency is being chipped away @. still old habits die hard
dharma

You could have simply used one sentence "I have no idea". Thanks. :)
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#54 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

couple of thoughts:
11 was a mini parabolic
we are now 20 months from the 11 highs. i also keep in mind that this bull is longer in duration than the previous bull
this crash looks like the crash in 87 in the broads, i used the sp as a map. lets see if it continues to follow it
i havent subsequently got the hgnsi but on friday it was -37.5% a new low. not a # seen @tops but @ bottoms
everyone in the euro zone, japan, and usa is being squeezed for money . interest rates remain @historic lows
=continuation pattern. which means that the dollar should continue the trend that it was in before the triangle/pennant
money is sloshing around the world seeking safety. cyprus is a case in point. the system is becoming more and more unstable
the dollars role as a reserve currency is being chipped away @. still old habits die hard
dharma

dharma, thanks for your thoughts.

And DrSp, thanks for your usual lack of thoughts. :)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#55 DrSP

DrSP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

couple of thoughts:
11 was a mini parabolic
dharma

dharma, thanks for your thoughts.

And DrSp, thanks for your usual lack of thoughts. :)

If you read what he said, you wouldn't say that. What he said is actually very funny, contradicting himself in every single line and the next. :lol:
You could be a billionaire or an industrial worker or a teacher or a moderator of a forum - Hold a good conscience because that is what matters.

#56 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

Closing some gaps from Dec 2008, we are.

Doc

https://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$XAU&p=D&yr=5&mn=0&dy=0&i=p13991490545&a=295142502&r=1366257029109.png

#57 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

gold had another attack last night. gold reversed it . it can be seen as a double bottom. the move off the lows projects to 1440 dharma

#58 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

gold had another attack last night. gold reversed it . it can be seen as a double bottom.
the move off the lows projects to 1440
dharma

These overnight lows are usually tested during regular Comex hours Dharma, unless this time its different.

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#59 tomterrific14

tomterrific14

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Doc

https://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$XAU&p=D&yr=5&mn=0&dy=0&i=p13991490545&a=295142502&r=1366257029109.png

Will the grand H&S top objective be fullfilled.? Neckline 150, Head 230=80 minus 150 =70

#60 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Doc

Will the grand H&S top objective be fullfilled.? Neckline 150, Head 230=80 minus 150 =70

And I have a potential time to achieve this unthinkable objective, October 2013 or thereabouts.

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky