Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Currently there is 43 day trading cycle in Gold :
http://majormarketmo...lver-break-out/

#52 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

commodities across the board are starting to form uptrends. @1st it looks like there is a global recovery underway w/demand starting to perk up. then it takes on a different feel. w/folks not wanting to hold cash. but that is still down the road. silver starting to perk up as is gold dharma

Edited by dharma, 20 February 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#53 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

the feds inception was 1913 , since that time the present dollar is worth .03 in 1913 dollar terms
i keep an eye on india, like forever they have been the worlds largest gold buyer. this could surprise some folks http://www.mining.co...d-of-feb-97813/
their elections come up the end of april, i dont think chidambaram will relent unless he has to. modi is the front runner
by the way the 1-2-3 month gofo is negative =its tough to buy physical
hgnsi=30%
market vane=51%
tuesday is options expiration. neither side will be allowed to make money
i look for the uptrend to resume once options expiration is out of the way
the volume in the miners remains a key bullish footprint
as does the birth of a bull trend in commodities
dharma

#54 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

What I find positive in the pm's recently is their resilience in the face of a gradually strengthening dollar. Not that it has not happened before, but, there appears to be a concerted effort by the powers that be to see gold held down in price. The Fed's credibility, well, 3cents on the dollar stands as stark evidence they don't have any.
Peace
johngeorge

#55 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

Pierre Lassonde interviewed by Kitco 2-24-1214
Peace
johngeorge

#56 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

here are the folks who are buying what your miners are producing http://www.graceland...b24grocery1.PNG this is the backbone of the gold market. i expect india to be coming back on line before or after the april elections
mercury goes direct on friday. the change in trend , can very well coincide w/a trend change in the pms. and that is what i am looking for . mars goes retrograde on 3./2 so it may wait till then to produce a trend change. i am either looking for a higher low to take place by 5/20 or new lows. i am open to either. based on the market action i am looking for higher lows as my preferred count. but we shall see.
the elections are taking place in india, and unlike lassonde i think it will be a larger factor in the gold market. they were the largest buyer in the gold market and when the restrictions were slapped on in april , gold broke the 1500s floor. the ukraine situation also bears watching. for me the biggest thing is the commodity charts starting up. it will produce cost push inflation and get the velocity of money charts to turn up. looking @the 1350-60 range here.

dharma

#57 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

here are the folks who are buying what your miners are producing http://www.graceland...b24grocery1.PNG this is the backbone of the gold market. i expect india to be coming back on line before or after the april elections
mercury goes direct on friday. the change in trend , can very well coincide w/a trend change in the pms. and that is what i am looking for . mars goes retrograde on 3./2 so it may wait till then to produce a trend change. i am either looking for a higher low to take place by 5/20 or new lows. i am open to either. based on the market action i am looking for higher lows as my preferred count. but we shall see.
the elections are taking place in india, and unlike lassonde i think it will be a larger factor in the gold market. they were the largest buyer in the gold market and when the restrictions were slapped on in april , gold broke the 1500s floor. the ukraine situation also bears watching. for me the biggest thing is the commodity charts starting up. it will produce cost push inflation and get the velocity of money charts to turn up. looking @the 1350-60 range here.

dharma

dharma:

I am also looking for a "peak" early next week for a retracement from whatever highs we reach, but I believe we will see a "higher low" in March and then another impulse move higher from there, FWIW.

stubaby B)

#58 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

got neg divergences on the charts from 10 minutes to hourly might not mean a thing

Edited by dougie, 24 February 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#59 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

this is one of the many spokes on the wheel Meanwhile, Fed officials announced Friday that many California farmers caught in the state’s drought can expect to receive no irrigation water this year for about 750,000 acres of farmland. The underground aquifers that so many California farmers depend upon are being drained at a staggering rate... California produces 99% of the artichokes grown in the U.S., 44% of asparagus, a fifth of cabbage, two-thirds of carrots, half of bell peppers, 89% of cauliflower, 94% of broccoli and 95% of celery, 90% of the leaf lettuce, 83% of Romaine lettuce, 86% of lemons, 90% of avocados, 84% of peaches and 88% of fresh strawberries.... elsewhere, the drought in the South West has brought the U.S. cattle herd to the smallest levels since 1952. perspective is everything. put up a monthly chart. the rally may have only just begun. @some price the weak hands will jettison their positions. this leg has potential to go alot higher. dharma senor agree w/you on armstrong. his short term trading got him into trouble. his big picture perspectives are interesting

Edited by dharma, 25 February 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#60 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

got neg divergences on the charts from 10 minutes to hourly

might not mean a thing

in bear markets as we have seen for the past year and more those near term divergences can be very negative, in bull markets they are often meaningless and are often simply short term pauses in the trend but cause many to exit because they don't "believe yet", and hence the GRANDE Q becomes are we still in a bear market or has that changed? No one can really know yet, we all have to make our best guesses

Senor