take a look @1999 adn 2001

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#121 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,075 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:18 AM

or maybe we just continue on down. seems to me no one on these threads has been posting about long DUST in some TIME

#122 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:58 AM

I would hold my horses a bit more for any immediate bullish outcome.
I believe we are in a trading range or a bit lower in Gold and waiting for the Gold Lease rates to drop to previous low levels and likewise, the $TYX:$UST2Y plot to start rising in vigor before proclaiming the start of a sustainable rise in Gold.

http://www.kitco.com/lease.chart.html

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$TYX...id=p03899588195

The ‘smart money’ have been increasing their short positions in the last 3 weeks, not very good, is it?

http://snalaska.com/...t/charts/GC.png

Fundamentaly, physical Gold demand in the East continues, which is bullish and Mario Draghi and the ‘Boys’ in Basil do wish for the Euro/USD to drop a bit but at the same time do not wish Gold to become an alternate currency competing with the Euro.
Finaly, Gold is prevented from rising a lot because of the Crimea situation and the Iran situaton by our North American manipulators IMHO.

Dharma, indeed the Indian election results may influence Gold's price.

Senor, what you do in accumulating on weakness is the smartest thing to do in the long run unless you become a trader, like myself who buys and sells once or twice a week recently.

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#123 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

agree above the last high and it could be a new ballgame
international speculator, came out and reco pvg , i am not a subscriber, but they did it to all who receive their info. it is up 10+% rumor has it that now that gg has lost oskff, it is on the prowl. pvg's ceo quarterman is a very well entity having been the ceo of ssri. i have made some placements in the explorers. the sector is still @ an extreme
dharma

bottom line for me Dharma is that I think we are getting very close "time wise" and "price wise" the worst came seems to be one final thrust down to 1240-1260 and that is perhaps 50/50 at best. So I remain in accumulation mode and will add on a further decline/possible final spike down in gold. This really reminds me of the action throughout the month of December, we see

Senor

Senor:

1,260 works for my counts - needs to "touch that level" and then reverse and take out 1,315-20 to confirm, IMO We are close!

stubaby B)

June Gold futures OPEX is 5/27 and from there or from early June I expect a rise or
at the LATEST by early July. Let us see first what 5/20 that dharma has mentioned, and the European Parliament elections bring on 22-25 May.
A late May low of around 1260 works for me too.

tria (in Greek) = 3

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#124 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

marty on usa watchdog.
marty still out for the 900s
gold turns up when our economic confidence model turns down.
its a hedge against govts
the problem as i see it is, keeping money in banks 1-no return on $$4 2- imf calling for govt to take 10%of everyones accounts. then if you put it in real estate, which i think has topped and this is just a pause in the down trend. the only vehicle that i see that is undervalued is the metals/miners. and commodities. seems the forces that be corral everyone, and then pull the plug. can that happen to gold? well maybe. i see the demand side of the equation coming from the far east, which has been experiencing robust growth, until fairly recently, and i do think w/this pause it will continue. in that part of the world gold has been and is wealth , forever. particularly in india. which, tria, can take some time to sort out the winner. then if it is modi, he has to get these draconian laws against gold importation removed, which i think over time will happen. i have no debt , and no margin. that is my philosophy.
debt is the killer. keep in mind seasonally this is the weak time of the year.
dharma

#125 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,075 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

nothing says that we could not have another full year of bear. the powers that be have the luxury of time. and they will be just as happy to buy gold at 900 like marty says

#126 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,075 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

GDX sure looking like it wants a bother leg (at least) to the move off March highs. Targets the Dec lows or something north of there

#127 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

charles nenner
http://www.kitco.com...Nenner-Research

dharma

#128 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,974 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

charles nenner

dharma

meh, don't agree at all with his thing about gold stocks bottoming AFTER gold

Senor

#129 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

charles nenner

dharma

meh, don't agree at all with his thing about gold stocks bottoming AFTER gold

Senor

me neither
people are curious about him so i post his stuff
dharma

#130 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

1-2-3 month gofo still negative these pops are nice they give hope that the shackles are being removed, but so far nothing has been proven. yes, we are above the round #. 2 days away for the election results. of course tampering is an issue. i like to look @ seasonal charts, and last i looked we are in the weak season. keep that in mind. taking out a previous high would change the chart picture a bit. dharma