the next leg

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#51 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

Interesting how this rally just keeps extending as many of us keep thinking a larger correction will occur, that larger correction will eventually happen but fro WHAT LEVEL is the 64K question. This is why IMO a core long should be held if you believe in higher prices overall - getting too cute with it could leave you out of what appears a very nice unfolding move norte.

BSing away

Senor

What I am seeing on the charts is that this is a reaction rally to the crash of 2013, therefore this rally should be quite powerful, at least 1500 and maybe more.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#52 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

Interesting how this rally just keeps extending as many of us keep thinking a larger correction will occur, that larger correction will eventually happen but fro WHAT LEVEL is the 64K question. This is why IMO a core long should be held if you believe in higher prices overall - getting too cute with it could leave you out of what appears a very nice unfolding move norte.

BSing away

Senor

What I am seeing on the charts is that this is a reaction rally to the crash of 2013, therefore this rally should be quite powerful, at least 1500 and maybe more.

I have had 1450-1500 as a minimum target for a long time now and the markets evolving action has so far made that target a bueno probability

Senor

#53 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

BSing away

Senor

I have had 1450-1500 as a minimum target for a long time now and the markets evolving action has so far made that target a bueno probability

Senor

I remain long nugt, any pullback should be temporary and lead to bigger highs into Sept. , Eric Hadik is also looking for Sept. highs and he thinks July is going to have a big surge up too, he is pretty good I think.

Russ
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#54 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

The next Gold small up leg should start no later than on Tuesday. I will be very carefull and lightweight during the 21-29 July period. Futures OPEX is 7/28. The next big up leg should start as late as early August and last to early Sept and probably reach $1400 or more. Needless to say I will be trading 100% long by Tuesday (now only 50%) and reduce to 50% long by Friday's close. I realize that the upside may be limited for now but so does the downside. The sweet spot should be from early Aug to early Sept. Maybe this will be the optimum time for SLV September options. This is my view as of now. If wrong, I do like humble pies with cream. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#55 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:40 AM

Bought Gold @ $1318 level, even before I had the chance to eat my breakfast. If the COMEX official opening results in a stop loss affair, I’ll be waiting to buy again. Now 75% long. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#56 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

does this act look for familiar? it should , hit the market w/thousands of contracts during the night ,when the market is thin. yellen speaks tomorrow and wednesday @10am. gs is unwavering bearishhttp://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-13/goldman-stays-gold-bear-as-bullish-wagers-increase-commodities.html. it is obvious to me that jaitley is tied in w/chidamabaram and the other banksters. never mind the indian jewellry biz is in shambles. his speech was a downer compared to the visionary speech of modi. so the banksters are in control. gold feeds off the other commodities. oil broke its uptrend. ng is in the basement . soybeans have been hit for 8 days straight. we are past the full moon, now the new moon is the 26th lots of action before that, but i expect the bottom that week 21-26 make no mistake , it is more than interest rates that are controlled. all the while the pitch is the economy is improving and gaining steam, and that will kick gold down the stairs. if you were/are screaming about a vertical move here and now- wake up . this is a giant battle. yes, i saw hadik call for a move up into sept. then what, i do see a march top. dont lose sight of the 21 month cycle. i am wearing my buy hat, as i am trading and sold into the highs. now i wait. this is a battle. a battle of confidence. on the broad market , in 87 we made a high , then a lower high in sept , leading to an october crash. i am not looking for a crash, but a bigger correction. this game is for all the marbles, its going to take time and patience dharma i am looking for a move into the 1500s then we see.

#57 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

Meanwhile, Goldman Sachs reiterated its bearish forecast on gold, calling for a move down to $1,050 by the end of the year. "Some people are moving into inflationary hedge assets," Jeffrey Currie, the bank's global commodities research head, told Bloomberg. "Gold will start moving lower once there is more confidence in the recovery, without significant inflationary concerns." Prices will "likely end lower this year." Goldman stays gold bear as bullish wagers increase

#58 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

bearish read:
http://scharts.co/1sUepLh

#59 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

does this act look for familiar? it should , hit the market w/thousands of contracts during the night ,when the market is thin. yellen speaks tomorrow and wednesday @10am. gs is unwavering bearishhttp://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-13/goldman-stays-gold-bear-as-bullish-wagers-increase-commodities.html. it is obvious to me that jaitley is tied in w/chidamabaram and the other banksters. never mind the indian jewellry biz is in shambles. his speech was a downer compared to the visionary speech of modi. so the banksters are in control.
gold feeds off the other commodities. oil broke its uptrend. ng is in the basement . soybeans have been hit for 8 days straight.
we are past the full moon, now the new moon is the 26th lots of action before that, but i expect the bottom that week 21-26
make no mistake , it is more than interest rates that are controlled. all the while the pitch is the economy is improving and gaining steam, and that will kick gold down the stairs. if you were/are screaming about a vertical move here and now- wake up . this is a giant battle.
yes, i saw hadik call for a move up into sept. then what, i do see a march top. dont lose sight of the 21 month cycle.
i am wearing my buy hat, as i am trading and sold into the highs. now i wait. this is a battle. a battle of confidence.
on the broad market , in 87 we made a high , then a lower high in sept , leading to an october crash. i am not looking for a crash, but a bigger correction.
this game is for all the marbles, its going to take time and patience
dharma
i am looking for a move into the 1500s then we see.

KISS method (keep it simple Senor) for me, correcting a 5 up move from late May/early June, gold already at 38% retracement, silver showing more relative strength, I bot a little today but will allow for a more significant correction before adding additional positions.

BSing away

Senor

#60 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

i see this as probably completing the A of an abc correction. if correct we should rally for a couple of days before going into the c wave down. i agree with dharma that we probably correct this week and work off the overbought on the stocks here they have been going straight up. and yes it was a 5 wave move form june 3 to the top here last thursday. just 1 of 3 this is 2 of 3 all fwiw its as clear as mud
feeling mellow with the yellow metal