Photo

40 yrs of US corporate junk fast food in now making the whole world sick and fat

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

Corporate US food giants are now making the world fat and sick like the US with their fast food, junk food, soda, processed food, filled with fat, sugar, salt.
All put in to get you hooked at a very low cost. Not to mention the chemicals, antibiotics, growth hormones and preservatives.

Now corporations are spreading their toxic crap all over the world at a very low price for the poorest of, the poor with bad or no drinking water. They give them cheap coke to drink instead of water.
Sell them cheap junk food and promote it as being healthy because of the added vitamins in it, just like the Americans enjoy and eat. They sell the crap door to door in poor countries.

Check out Link TV's program GLOBESITY and you should forget about the Paleo/fraud diet. Eat like a "predator" :lol: It's a crock of sheet. The crap talker is not even a Dr, and can back up nothing with science or facts.
http://www.linktv.or...grams/globesity

If one wants to lose weight, just cut out the bread, pasta, rice, chips, fried food, ice cream and peanut butter.
The US is not fat because of carbs, it's because of US corporations getting you hooked on their crap.

They promoted smoking cigarettes as being healthy in the 1960's. As a kid I used to walk to my corner store and buy a pack of candy cigs. But I didn't start smoking till I was 15.......

#2 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

Globesity on youtube

#3 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

... and people keep living longer and longer.

Don't fill yourself up with flour and sugar. Anyone can figure that out by themselves.

Particular diets don't matter much as long as you have enough quality food. Australia, Japan and Italy have very different diets yet they live to the same age.

Your weight is mostly genetically determined, give or take 10-20 pounds. 90% of people who lose weight gain it back in a few years.

About 85 percent of your mortal hazard lives in two questions: Are you comfortable with your socioeconomic status? Do you like your job? Stress is the killer here.

People are much healthier today than 150 years ago mostly because quality food is abundant. We're six inches taller with a superior immune system. Progress in medicine is a distant second.

Edited by stocks, 27 June 2014 - 07:28 AM.

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Posted Image

Corporate US food giants are now making the world fat and sick

Really?
People eat what THEY want. Businesses fill that demand.
If kale and sprouts were in demand, every fast food drive thru would be awash in green.
They would supersize your Tofu Combo meal for only 25 cents extra.
Your attack should be aimed at the people who choose to over eat.
But I know that personal responsibility is repugnant in today's world.
It's always someone else's fault.

Boston Schools Close Salad Bars
Are Boston schools "Corporate US food giants"?

Maybe you wish to join Bloomberg and eliminate free choice and force the popular consensus diet of the day.

That route is not working too well for Michelle.
LA Schools Reject Michelle’s School Lunches

It’s lunchtime at Van Nuys High School and students stream into the cafeteria to check out the day’s fare: black bean burgers, tostada salad, fresh pears and other items on a new healthful menu introduced this year by the Los Angeles Unified School District.
But Iraides Renteria and Mayra Gutierrez don’t even bother to line up. Iraides said the school food previously made her throw up, and Mayra calls it "nasty, rotty stuff." So what do they eat? The juniors pull three bags of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and soda from their backpacks.
"This is our daily lunch," Iraides says. "We’re eating more junk food now than last year."

WATCH OUT! HE'S GOT A TWINKIE!

Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 June 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#5 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

You fail to mention how ignorant the average American is. And most are too busy to learn anything (busy on facebook I guess) or don't have the extra money to pay for the more expensive fresh fruit and veggies that aren't subsidized. Plus most everyone is eating the same fast food junk. Most all the population was ignorant 50 yrs ago about nutrition. Just going by the crap my parents put on our plates. PS, they don't eat that stuff anymore now that they know better. Corporate food giants do many tests to see what makes you crave a certain food. Guess what, the magic stuff is fat, sugar and salt that is priced very low and takes no effort to put it on the table. There is no way an ignorant kid will want to eat healthy in school now that their taste buds are programmed on fried fat, salt and sugar. Unless they know better and really want to change their eating habits. So they grow up sickly and funnel tons of cash into their medical care.

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

Sometime it's their choice to be ignorant.
Who doesn't have access to the internet with zillions of medical studies and nutrition information and diets?
Will you deny free people a right to choose to be ignorant?

I know very intelligent people who play the lottery regularly.
I know other intelligent people who choose to smoke or use drugs.
That's why it's called an oxy-moron.

But individual responsibility is a very precious concept, unappreciated by oppressive, controlling do-gooders.

You can set an example that others may choose to follow, or you can be a food nazi.
Food nazis are not very popular.

The word Facist is derived from a weapon of force.
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 June 2014 - 07:08 PM.

#7 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

... and people keep living longer and longer.

Don't fill yourself up with flour and sugar. Anyone can figure that out by themselves.

Particular diets don't matter much as long as you have enough quality food. Australia, Japan and Italy have very different diets yet they live to the same age.

Your weight is mostly genetically determined, give or take 10-20 pounds. 90% of people who lose weight gain it back in a few years.

About 85 percent of your mortal hazard lives in two questions: Are you comfortable with your socioeconomic status? Do you like your job? Stress is the killer here.

People are much healthier today than 150 years ago mostly because quality food is abundant. We're six inches taller with a superior immune system. Progress in medicine is a distant second.

Good point about overall family stress and job stress.
This old guy handles his limited stress very well. Very calm dude.
http://www.youtube.c...ature=endscreen

Most all the jobs I've had were hazardous to your health. Especially the one working the graveyard shift with all the chemicals. I never could get used to sleeping more than 4 hrs when I got off during the day time. Was always tired.

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

Your weight is mostly genetically determined

Unless you change your lifestyle.

Genes or lifestyle?
Diabetes Explodes in Sub-Saharan Africa
Paul Madden, Project Hope’s senior advisor for non-communicable diseases, explained that diabetes is rapidly spreading throughout sub-Saharan Africa, and even other developing countries around the world, largely due to lifestyle changes. People generally are not as active as previous generations, and they are in jobs that require them to sit or stand for long periods of time. Another reason for the increase in the rate of diabetes is eating processed food.

Genes or lifestyle?
"We still eat an average of 459 more calories a day than we did 40 years ago. More than a third of adults in the U.S. are obese, a rate that has remained unchanged in the past decade. Twenty-nine million U.S. adults aged 20 or older have diabetes, up from 26 million in 2010, according to the latest government data."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 June 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#9 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

On the topic of people living longer nowadays. I'd say it's from middle aged people that are not so ignorant anymore and getting smarter about their diet and health.
I agree with the saying, "we spend the first half of our life killing ourselves and the last half trying to live".

Just like people that are diagnosed with cancer or heart disease will change their diet real fast from a high fat meat, fast food diet, and wonder again why I was so stupid.
It's all scientific, you really do reap what you sow.

#10 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

Nanny State is the new Puritanism

HL Mencken is always relevant:

“Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.”

“Men are the only animals that devote themselves, day in and day out, to making one another unhappy. It is an art like any other. Its virtuosi are called altruists.”
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.