Photo

40 yrs of US corporate junk fast food in now making the whole world sick and fat

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Bill Clinton is the perfect example of the average American. He never met a salty, greasy fast food and milkshake he didn't like.
But the law of "reap what you sow" caught up to him and he was near death with heat disease and plugged arteries.
So he got the stents put in and told to go home and do his usual thing. He change his diet a bit but not nearly enough, so few yrs later his arteries plugged up again.

Then he meets Dr Dean Ornish and he put Bill on a strict no fat or meat diet. In an interview Bill said he didn't eat any meat last yr, but he did have one fork of turkey on Thanksgiving.
Here's an excellent short interview,

And last yr the 67 yr old G W Bush had heart surgery for a 95% plugged artery and got a stent put in.
I imagine George will be getting some good diet tips from old Bill.

#12 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment." ;)

I refuse to have someone else forcing me to follow their path, which has it's own pitfalls.
It's called individual responsibility. History proves that it's the best path over time, much better than fascism.
Diet Fascists would close my favorite restaurant:

A science teacher who ate nothing but McDonald's for three months was shocked to discover that he was healthier than ever.
he tried to adhere to a 2,000-calorie diet. When Cisna told the local McDonald's franchise about his plan, the restaurant said they'd give him meals free of charge.
By the 90th day, Cisna reports he had lost 37 pounds and his cholesterol dropped from 249 to 170, according to the news station.

LINK

Posted Image
Science teacher John Cisna after, left, and before, right, his McDonald's diet.
"There's lots of ways to do lots of things."
Freedom gives us the opportunity to discover our own best path.
It's called individual responsibility.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 June 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#13 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Any fat slob can lose weight going down to 2,000 calories per day, plus some exercise.
He probably just wanted to get free meals for life at McDonald's for the good publicity.

2,000 calories a day and attempts to stick with daily recommended allowances for protein, carbohydrates, cholesterol and several other nutritional restrictions.

"I'm the perfect example of a slob," says the teacher, John Cisna, in a phone interview on Monday. He insists that he ate a variety of stuff on the McDonald's menu — including Big Macs, Quarter Pounders and even desserts, including sundaes and ice cream cones. His mission: to demonstrate to his students that it's how and what you eat — not where you eat — that matters most. During the three months, he says, his cholesterol dropped from 249 to 170.

He had two Egg White Delight McMuffins, a bowl of McDonald's Fruit & Maple Oatmeal and 1% milk for breakfast and, typically, a salad for lunch. Then, at dinner, he'd often have a more traditional Value Meal. He also adopted a new exercise regimen of walking 45 minutes daily.

#14 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

So "US corporate junk fast food" doesn't make you fat or sick.

You make you fat and sick, if that's what you CHOOSE.

Individual responsibility sucks.

#15 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

It's also your choice to get type 2 diabetes or cure yourself with the food you choose to eat.

Jason cured his type 2 diabetes on Dr McDougalls 10 day program.
Jason's testimony,
https://www.drmcdoug...n/jason-wyrick/

Dr McDougall's program to cure yourself. It's all "your choice".
https://www.drmcdoug...fore-you-begin/

#16 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

It's also your choice to get type 2 diabetes or cure yourself with the food you choose to eat.

BINGO! So it's not about "US corporate junk fast food" it's all about YOU and your choices!

Point well made.

But choosing to be a vegan or a vegetarian or an omnivore are all choices that will work with proper proportions, balance and lifestyle.

"The settled judgment of science is that man is an omnivore, capable of eating both meat and vegetables.
Like the hard-core carnivores, we have fairly simple digestive systems well suited to the consumption of animal protein, which breaks down quickly. Contrary to what your magazine article says, the human small intestine, at 23 feet, is a little under eight times body length (assuming a mouth-to-anus "body length" of three feet). This is about midway between cats (three times body length), dogs (3-1/2 times), and other well-known meat eaters on the one hand and plant eaters such as cattle (20 to 1) and horses (12 to 1) on the other. This tends to support the idea that we are omnivores.
The story is roughly the same with teeth. We're equipped with an all-purpose set of ivories equally suited to liver and onions.

Herbivores also have a variety of specialized digestive organs capable of breaking down cellulose, the main component of plant tissue. Humans find cellulose totally indigestible, and even plant eaters have to take their time with it. If you were a ruminant (cud eater), for instance, you might have a stomach with four compartments, enabling you to cough up last night's alfalfa and chew on it all over again.

Meats, fish, poultry, cheese, eggs, yogurt, and milk provide us with the 9 essential amino acids that our bodies cannot synthesize.
So make no mistake: we were born to eat meat. That's not to say you have to. It's debatable that we'd all be a lot better off eating less meat and more fruits and vegetables. But vegetarians aren't going to advance their cause by making ridiculous claims."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 July 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#17 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

Dr McDougall had an interesting chat. Included a slide show of all the popular diets. Like Paleo, and wheat belly and even the only diet book
I ever bought and follow, D Joel Fuhrman's "Eat to Live".

Fuhrman says 90% of his diabetic patients are off insulin within a month of starting his diet.
There's over 30 illnesses caused by a poor diet. I had 2 of them, arthritis and appendicitis.

My appendix blew up when I was 28 not long after the wife fixed me my birthday meal of fried shrimp, fried okra, and fried potato followed by cake and ice cream.
Needless to say I felt pretty sluggish, bloated and sick after a meal like that.
Anyways I got the appendix removed and all the toxins sucked out from my insides not long after went back to work and eating the same business as usual.
It took me a long to figure out what I really should be eating. But, better late than never or dead already...lol

#18 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

PS, diabetes took off on the upswing in the 1960's shortly after the corporate food giants started ramping up their low priced processed food. Now the disease is screaming higher. Can be seen in a chart at 42:40 in the McDougall chat.

#19 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

Alzheimer's disease, Grain brain or meathead?
Save your brain and eat some grain!

http://nutritionfact...8b65e7-23356197

#20 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

My favorite spud, the amazing sweet potato.
http://nutritionfact...6d89d9-23356197