• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

How would you like to be a medical worker with these headlines?

Maybe take it like a medical worker? :D but panic and fear will not help for sure. This Ebola issue is by far the least likely to worry me in the short term. By all means it is an important issue, but the current statistics don't worry me like an epidemic. I suppose you can call me when the number of deaths catches up with the AIDS related ones in Africa... :)

Edited by arbman, 04 August 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#32 CRUISENAL

CRUISENAL

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Arb, I had this 4-5 years ago. Just had to finally get antibiotics, 2 doses over 2 months. F___ed up my gut. What is called Leaky Gut. It is where the gut either stomach or small intestines was damaged and let's partially digested food to get outside the normal wall area. This lead to gastro problems, but also skin eruptions on the scalp, back, chest and shoulders. Worse on scalp. This issue can only be resolved by strict diet with no sugar or grains. Another term is Candida or yeast overgrowth. Bad bacteria basically as the antibiotics kill ALL bacteria. It is a constant battle. darn antibiotics are bad stuff! But a conventional doctor has no clue how to fix it.

I never got sick from anything, but I had pneumonia in March and it repeated twice within 2 months in May, I just could not heal for weeks. At some point, it felt like I was taking the medications and nothing was working, my fever would not come down for days.

I ended up in emergency eventually, even though I avoided to use antibiotics as long as I could, it was impossible for my body to overcome it after days of really high fever. I was too weak to heal by myself, it was obvious, it was only getting worse every week.

There were some cases of death in California, my doctor friends told me that they got more severe cases last winter. So there you go, you never think it will happen to you, but when it happens it is really hard to believe you can actually die from these diseases.

I think I have now some sort of permanent damage in my lungs because I still feel tired quickly. I am trying to exercise more and when I go to surfing, I am still lacking my old energetic self to swim out. It sucks...

It feels like I am getting older... :lol:

#33 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

another 2 aid workers with Ebola flown to Atlanta -

http://www.theglobea...rticle19911322/
best,
klh