#42 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:44 PM

Time for stops

For buy stops YES, its time imo.

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#43 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:22 AM

Time for stops

-tria

Where you got them?

#44 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:29 AM

Time for stops

-tria

Where you got them?

Haven't got any, nor do I need them stops.
Hate to buy strength, love to buy weakness, ie. speculative stop losses.
Just looking to reestablish a short hedge now that my short EUR/USD is gone, out @ 1.0710

Lucky Friday the 13th today.
TGF & GFF
GFF = Good For Fishing

To celebrate the day, bought some Platinum ($874.10) and some Palladium ($536.10)
Small position and no stops.

Meanwhile this Gold ratio chart is near all times high.

http://stockcharts.c...id=p21303566139

-tria

Edited by tria, 13 November 2015 - 06:32 AM.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#45 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

Time for stops

si, stops are necessary, still long with the mostly sideways action near recent lows, have fairly tight stop but givin it a little room. IMO pretty good risk/reward from this area, it's just a trade at this time

Senor

#46 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

sentiment is still very bearish, havent been able to get exact #s . gold /silver are down every day. i am looking for todays cots to show 1 large specs have reduced their long positions and added to shorts 2 commercials have reduced their shorts and added to their longs. and the miners remain firm. i am not forecasting, but i am buying miners slowly when they get beaten into oblivion, which has/is happening. i believe we rally very soon into sometime in late december. they keep pressing the gold price and yet it goes nowhere. its a good sign .] everyone has a different approach, one has to do what one is comfortable w/ i do agree w/pierre the miners are under accumulation. eric is still right on track. dharma scty has caught my eye , it has fallen out of favor, and i think musk is a modern day tesla/edison they will be coming out w/their home battery pack later this year. yes, they missed earnings. but are growing @40% what in this economy is growing @that kind of # not investment advice ,but a heads up. do your own dd.

#47 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:03 PM

Mark Hulbert Published: Nov 4, 2015 7:55 a.m. ET Gold investors foolishly think the yellow metal will rally
Peace
johngeorge

#48 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

perusing the charts if in fact the gdx has made or is making an inverse megaphone pattern, it is either done or it has 1 more low to go silver is in a bull wedge dharma

#49 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:40 PM

GDX looks like it is consolidating to go DWN

#50 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

after 4+years of bear market , and gold and silver going down day after day its tough not to put the lows out in the future HOWEVER its a very rare occurrence for gold to make new lows now confirmed by the miners and silver. then there is the sentiment HGNSI unchanged on Thursday at -30% MarketVane’s Bullish Consensus was unchanged Friday at 31% while the DSI rose 4 points to 17%. tells me the traders say whatever they want , but they are firmly in the bearish camp, w/one more low i keep nibbling @ the nobody wants to own miners. i have no doubt about the long term there. i saw in the bull of the 70s what they did, and i think this leg will be larger in price than 01-11 was i have no leverage and i have room for more buying everyone has to be comfortable w/whatever they are doing no investment advice here. just seeing this unusual set of circumstances dharma to all of our friends and colleagues in france we offer our heart felt support innocent people were killed and wounded for no apparent reason