are bottoming now in a wave2

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#51 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

dharma Yes, my heart goes out to the loved ones and families of those lives lost in the horrendous terror attacks. There are many places in the world today that simply aren't secure for raising a family any longer. Human nature seems not to change. :( Thank you for the updates and a look at your investing style. There are two things I have learned about the precious metals markets since I bought my first gold coin. It was a one ounce American Eagle for $408 in the 1980's which I still own. 1) PM stocks are for trading. 2) Physical is for buying and holding. Best to you. :)
Peace
johngeorge

#52 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

my previous post should read its a very rare occurrence for gold to make new lows not confirmed by the miners and silver. i dont know jg each time i sold a miner in the last bull i wound up buying it back @ a higher price. but 1st and foremost the bull must 1st return. as 9/11 killed travel in the usa , this act of terrorism in france will put a damper on travel, christmas buying, fear will rule the dollar will gain strength dharma

#53 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:17 PM

dharma "i dont know jg each time i sold a miner in the last bull i wound up buying it back @ a higher price." That pretty much sums up my trading style. :lol: :D :lol: Circumstances seem to have dictated that for me early on in my trading.......old habits die hard! "as 9/11 killed travel in the usa , this act of terrorism in france will put a damper on travel, christmas buying, fear will rule the dollar will gain strength" Great observation! All the more reason for the dollar to continue providing headwinds to the gold price. I feel convinced that when the dollar does roll over it will provide the impetus for a substantial rally in precious metals. One in which, I think, we would all be joyful to see. Best to you. :)
Peace
johngeorge

#54 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:27 AM

miners are under accumulation, which doesnt mean new lows cant happen.
this was a major geopolitical event and gold has no traction. it seems to me
when the sovereign debt crises rears its head then the foundation for owning gold will be in place
right now all the props are holding the thing together.
i do see signs of change http://gracelandupda...2015nov16i1.png this is one way to get around the
10% tariff dore bars are taxed at a lower rate. i have also been watching the new dubai gold fix , in effect since may 22 it is generating interest
as will the shanghai exchange when it opens. this all takes time, and if you dont have time, then maybe your position is too large. how will hollande pay for
all the changes he is aking for . "france is @ war" wars cost alot of money he will even put more tax burden on the citizens. the wealthy have already moved on from france.
dharma

#55 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:37 PM

finally the cots are available
http://news.goldseek.../1447705914.php
the commercials position has improved as far as the bulls are concerned
keep in mind this is as of last tuesday. wed/friday was down for gold
dharma

#56 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

miners are under accumulation, which doesnt mean new lows cant happen.
this was a major geopolitical event and gold has no traction. it seems to me
when the sovereign debt crises rears its head then the foundation for owning gold will be in place
right now all the props are holding the thing together.
i do see signs of change http://gracelandupda...2015nov16i1.png this is one way to get around the
10% tariff dore bars are taxed at a lower rate. i have also been watching the new dubai gold fix , in effect since may 22 it is generating interest
as will the shanghai exchange when it opens. this all takes time, and if you dont have time, then maybe your position is too large. how will hollande pay for
all the changes he is aking for . "france is @ war" wars cost alot of money he will even put more tax burden on the citizens. the wealthy have already moved on from france.
dharma

agree miners are under accumulation, I continue to like the potential from this area and remain in a modest long position

Senor

#57 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:53 AM

the cot of the 6th showed a 50k change in position for the commercials getting rid of shorts and adding to longs
11/13 showed a similar theme w/commercials shedding shorts and adding to longs
the commercials also have an outsized short position in the dollar. they are patient and suffer drawdowns
the large specs have increased shorts and closed many long positions
these examples hold for silver as well
the oscillators i watch are all over sold for gold and miners. i have 2 bradleys this month 18th and 26
i think gold will have a big rally soon. as will the miners and silver
every day gold gets pressed
dharma
la garde came out in favor of including the yuan in the sdr
http://www.graceland...nov17china1.png

Edited by dharma, 17 November 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#58 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:26 PM

the cot of the 6th showed a 50k change in position for the commercials getting rid of shorts and adding to longs
11/13 showed a similar theme w/commercials shedding shorts and adding to longs
the commercials also have an outsized short position in the dollar. they are patient and suffer drawdowns
the large specs have increased shorts and closed many long positions
these examples hold for silver as well
the oscillators i watch are all over sold for gold and miners. i have 2 bradleys this month 18th and 26
i think gold will have a big rally soon. as will the miners and silver
every day gold gets pressed
dharma
la garde came out in favor of including the yuan in the sdr
http://www.graceland...nov17china1.png

Yep, the 26th of November looks fine to me for a low.
This does not mean it keeps falling every day till then, obviously.

-tria

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#59 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:40 PM

pretty convincing wave 2 low <;

Edited by dougie, 17 November 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#60 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:34 PM

over the last 2 weeks the commercials changed their positions by 100k that is massive gold new lows silver not miners not positive divergences @ this point divergences also developing in the oscillators will the fed have to punt on raising rates.? will jaitley lower the gold tariffs? why the big change for the commercials relentless downward pressure day after day for weeks now dharma