correction

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#111 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:44 AM

we appear o have finished a of 4 although it could be all of 4 , which i doubt. w the piece yesterday and today
https://share.inside...ViNDJjZTBmZDY=
wht i am highlighting is inflation is here. stagflation will be the name of the game and this is bullish for gold and miners.
in the past i posted charts fo gld/gdx or gold/gdx and what it showed is since 96 miners were in a deflationary trend vs gold
but that trend started reversing in early 16 its a heads up.
looking for the may 25th lows to be broken, and that will finish the shakeout of the weak hands
dharma
in agreement . patience and relatively speaking i dont think it will be that long --- amonth maybe

Edited by dharma, 14 October 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#112 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:39 PM

through tuesday the commercials covered alot of shorts. as the large specs sold
the cots are more favorable , but they can still go further
it is all being set up.
dharma
patience is the key here. still could be B or 4 . although we could have also started 5
my guess would be more 4 but i am not married to that , i will wait the market will reveal
itself.

#113 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:02 PM

dharma

Yes. lots of patience and, as you previously pointed out, a full moon on Sunday.  There is also a Bradley turn date coming up on Wednesday October 19th.  My mining portfolio took a hit today with only one stock in the green.  This hit I expected, but, it is never pleasant.  I am in watchful waiting with plenty of dry powder.  ph34r.png

Peace
johngeorge

#114 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:20 AM

rick santelli i happen to agree w/him

i am showing this chart again http://www.graceland...16oct18xau1.png
from 96-16 there was deflation miners vs gold were in a bear phase. now in early 16 the trend appears to be changing. that
is the winds of stagflation blowing. if the fed does not raise rates, that fire may be blown out. miners feed on inflation.
institutional buyers come in and buy the miners as a hedge. right now we are seeing signs of inflation. if deflation gets
stronger these green shouts could wilt!!!

for now the pattern of the bearish pennant or consolidation pattern says lower prices. that is my bet.
dharma

#115 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:05 PM

At the end of the day today both gold and the hui went on very short term buy signals.  IF the signal holds `1280 could be in the cards for gold.  However, FWIW,  IMO gold needs to put 1325 in the rear view mirror for it to be out of the woods and in full bull mode.  Will see.

Peace
johngeorge

#116 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:11 AM

today is the bradley
gdx went below its 200dma gdxj did not a bullish divergence. gdxj is more speculative
on the decline gld tonnage did not go down. i have to say this surprised me , in the past on a give up , the gld coughed
up tonnage, this time it did not and as soon as the decline stopped tonnage was added, imo , this shows very strong hands
hold this etf. this is a big change from even the recent past.
w/the monsoon in india being quite normal indian buying is picking up , its hard to get a clear reading. the mafia, w/the
10% tax has wiggle room to entice buyers.
we are coming into chinese new year buying
i am on the fence here. i want to buy but i have held off .
dharma

#117 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:59 AM

IMO lots of us held off meaning the 2 did its job

#118 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:57 PM

today is the bradley
gdx went below its 200dma gdxj did not a bullish divergence. gdxj is more speculative
on the decline gld tonnage did not go down. i have to say this surprised me , in the past on a give up , the gld coughed
up tonnage, this time it did not and as soon as the decline stopped tonnage was added, imo , this shows very strong hands
w/the monsoon in india being quite normal indian buying is picking up , its hard to get a clear reading. the mafia, w/the
dharma

Looks like the quant/algo alliance bought GLD at 120 and GDX at 23. Maybe the next move higher has begun. If so, then we get over 1400 on this move. Bust through that and we're off! You know we're going to get some kind of retest. Better buy that one.

#119 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:57 PM

today is the bradley
dharma

Looks like the quant/algo alliance bought GLD at 120 and GDX at 23. Maybe the next move higher has begun. If so, then we get over 1400 on this move. Bust through that and we're off! You know we're going to get some kind of retest. Better buy that one.

my inclination is to buy here. however, i am not moving in that direction. i still see the possibility of weakness developing. lets see if this bradley marks the turn. i am at the edge of my
chair. perusing charts for clues.
dharma

#120 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

hgnsi was -29.17% yesterday it was -22.92%. these are quite bearish #s. in fact they are exteme #s
i realize i could take some heat, but what else can you show me. so i put 1/2 my cash back in
dharma