My trading plan right now

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

#141 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

not too impressed where the nyse is hitting new ath's, where the arms index is in the .60-.80 range, and where the last two days breadth has been negative. I don't always pay a lot of attention to these things, but part of my bearishness is based on the loss of momentum, which I think has reached a critical point. Eventually the bulls are so loaded up that the weight of holding their positions overwhelms further buying at the time and a correction occurs. I am counting on this being one of those times. I still won't pull the trigger on adding to my short position. If it starts working, maybe then. there is no shame in being early; it is typical at turns. there is shame in adding to an early position that is not yet working.

#142 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:11 PM

With advance almost 10 pts today, bot 15% more of short; at 45% of max short.

#143 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

that didn't work; back down to 30% short.

#144 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

pretty much "at sea" right now. not just because i have been losing money the last two days. i just don't feel any consistency across the range of indicators, so may just bail tomorrow and take a few days off. the one constant is a line chart of the daily spx for the last 5 or 6 days. straight up with almost same slope each day.

#145 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:29 AM

staying 30% short. see what develops.

#146 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:57 PM

i have mentioned before something i call position bias, which is where we look for indications in our analysis to support what we want the market to do. i hope i am being honest with myself when i say my analysis fairly supports a market drop from here. there is possibly one good day left on the upside, maybe friday, then we get more than just a few days down. it is not a stretch to say the past 5 or 6 days have been a bit of a "darn the torpedoes full speed ahead" buying spree. maybe cut my shorts back to 15%, look for that one last rally, then start building a significant short position.

#147 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:15 AM

planning to close shorts in first hour, take small long position for bounce today, then short again market on close. looking for that last rally today. 

#148 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:35 AM

closed half my short; down to 15% short. expect to close by 10:30 est

#149 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

flat now; will take small long today, get short by close.

#150 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:44 AM

12% long. risky trade so close to top.