My trading plan right now

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

#211 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:20 AM

shorted more. up to more than 50%. interesting to note only 1 FF'er in the poll is fully long, while 4 are fully short. i hope we get it right this time.

#212 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:43 AM

"Now put your little hand in mine, there ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb". smashing the alarm clock.

#213 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

up to 60% short. that"s as high as I will go. 

#214 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

back to 50% short. this is far from a perfect setup. don't want to get to where i am defending my call instead of trading honestly in response to what i hope is objective analysis.

#215 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

mixed signals at best, but bears need something better than that. will take a look at charts tonight. least resistance right now seems up, but I am still 50% short. bulls can rightfully claim another groundhog day in the books. perhaps I will begin piano lessons.

I remember back at end of October how the market just kept grinding lower day after day, like 8 days down, then it finally turned and those small grinding lower days were overcome in one grand day. Perhaps I delude myself into thinking we are in a similar position now, only on the other side. Sometimes you just grin and bear it for a while. Every time today that I would leave the computer and come back an hour later, I would shield my eyes in fear of a blastoff, but, at least for today that did not happen, which is not to say it won't happen tomorrow. If the market shows strength and can hold it thru hour 1, I will probably capitulate, at least as to one-half of my remaining position. Sometimes this is all the analysis you need: look at a chart, which way is it going, get on the side of the direction it's going. Pretty basic stuff but correct 75% of the time. Nevertheless, markets do turn and they always look good up until that last tick. And there will always be that last tick.

#216 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:36 AM

spx plunges 4.5 points. cut shorts to 40%. groundhog day?

#217 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

actually 50% short. had more than i thought.

#218 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

got back to 60% short. sometimes i just can't help but to trade. buy back for .02 less? sure.

#219 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

well, that's different, a new lod that didn't happen in the first 10 minutes of trading.

#220 lawdog

lawdog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

so sold back down to 50% short. once burned . . . .

Maybe this one will stick, but I'm playing it safe.