what now?

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#221 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

Dougie, a sustained rally IMO above GDX 23 for a couple days would boost my bullish confidence quite a bit, nothing comes easy here

Senor

#222 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

Maybe I see what I want to see but I see a bull flag on the miners chart. Too steep to be a flag? Either way, it needs to power up now.

fwiw i see it as a bull pennant , but it could be a flag

senor agree we need to see gdx over 23 for a breakout

by the time everything is in gear and it is looking very bullish. it will be alot higher and the signs of the bull will be everywhere

when there are nothing but blue skies for gold, this is down the road and there is a big consensus, dont walk run like hell  3-5 years

until then  the market will keep one guessing

reminiscing gold topped 1/21/80

in 80 the exchange members and the commercials were short silver.  so they changed the rules no buying of silver allowed . down goes the hunts. down goes silver

and gold w/it 115 down from 885 the next morning.  there will be a period where the sky is bright blue. dont worry about the #s its supposed to go to . run for the exit

govts want you in their fiat.  not gold.    we have a ways to go. and remember when you have lots of company , you are not safe . run

dont worry the govt will keep the money sound. honest they will . bad fed bad fed. come back guys

dharma

Edited by dharma, 09 August 2017 - 03:21 PM.

#223 mark_goal

mark_goal

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Metal did good today; but miners not so much.  Wonder if miners r forecasting metal price this time? 

#224 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

"by the time everything is in gear and it is looking very bullish. it will be alot higher and the signs of the bull will be everywhere". 

I agree Dharma and they never ring a bell and the market always makes it hard as hell to be in a significant position prior to a big rise. Look at a daily silver chart and tell me if that does not look like a 1-2 from the early July low and a POSSIBLE daily wave 3 up now underway, if not I don't know what does, may not happen and perhaps some other perverse wave count develops but "at this time" is sure looks interesting and very few really seem to believe here -  I know I don't! Paas seemed to have nice earnings after the close, the miners are heavy here so far and we need to see them kick into gear soon IF we are going to see a large move higher here.My guess is most of the sector investors are reluctant because they believe this latest gold rally is just a Korea spike that soon ends (and we reverse lower quickly) so there is no conviction from the miner buyers as they have been burned so many times before, the key is whether they have been "Pavloved" to death and now is the time that it's different? we see

Senor

#225 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:10 PM

that was a nice move in gdx closed above a key level and the time segmented volume looks good fwiw

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#226 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

Maybe I see what I want to see but I see a bull flag on the miners chart. Too steep to be a flag? Either way, it needs to power up now.

fwiw i see it as a bull pennant , but it could be a flag

senor agree we need to see gdx over 23 for a breakout

by the time everything is in gear and it is looking very bullish. it will be alot higher and the signs of the bull will be everywhere

when there are nothing but blue skies for gold, this is down the road and there is a big consensus, dont walk run like hell  3-5 years

until then  the market will keep one guessing

reminiscing gold topped 1/21/80

in 80 the exchange members and the commercials were short silver.  so they changed the rules no buying of silver allowed . down goes the hunts. down goes silver

and gold w/it 115 down from 885 the next morning.  there will be a period where the sky is bright blue. dont worry about the #s its supposed to go to . run for the exit

govts want you in their fiat.  not gold.    we have a ways to go. and remember when you have lots of company , you are not safe . run

dont worry the govt will keep the money sound. honest they will . bad fed bad fed. come back guys

dharma

nothing wrong with taking the middle bites imo

#227 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

for sure everyone has their own techniques and ways to deal w/the elephant . its why those here still have their money. otherwise, the market takes it all from you

i agree w/you senor , there is a reluctance on the part of the participants to buy the miners because they have been burned. and that chart i showed a few times showing the miners topping vs gold in 96 along w/ money velocity. that is why i think money velocity turning up will be huge for the mining sector . the volume that has come into the sector since 16 really, i believe is accumulation. what i am saying is miners are undervalued vs gold and once that relationship turns miners can and will gain alot  vs gold.  rothschild said by when the blood is running in the streets, unfortunately he didnt tell folks how long the blood can run in the streets. in the mining sector it has been 20 years.  i have become aggressive ince the dec 15 lows, because i think the relationship of miners to gold is changing and will change dramatically at some point in 18  remember as the gold/silver relationship is loose so is the miners /gold  relationship and it seems it has swung to an extreme. which i could be wrong and it even gets more extreme . that is the definition of a speculator.   we shall see. i see the infrastructure has been put in place even one large swiss refiner was bought out by an indian jewellry company.  now ,   there is more and more distrust of govt .  there is talk of war, w/n/korea , russia , china, there is no shortage of bad guys. dont forget iran.    i dont know everyone has to chose their comfort zone and their style, so they can live to fight another day.  and if you live to fight enough days. you can pop one out of the park.   we are at a time much like 29 where wealth shifted hands.  you have to be aligned right back then  folks who put their money in their mattress got to buy distressed properties. john templeton got to buy 100 shares of 100 stocks all under a buck . 50 yrs later he was a billionaire.   i follow the miners. like it or not believe it or not  they are historically undervalued vs gold in a bull market.  they will catch up . and then it will have been obvious to everyone those things were in the gutter bleeding .   its all easy in retrospect.     see that mountain of debt over there evey one wants to be paid off . problem is there are not enough chairs.  then what happens lots of fingers get pointed in different directions . there is this lunatic over there and this one .   then what. someone hits the reset button. and honest we will not allow that to happen ever again.   bridge for sale. ! get yours here

dharma 

Edited by dharma, 09 August 2017 - 10:29 PM.

#228 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:57 AM

FCX-purchase-5-19-17.png?utm_source=Acti

#229 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

Could Gdx still be in a b of 2 with c to come ? Otherwise only solid count is a 3

#230 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

Internals looking strong....
What to make of the gaps