what now?

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#211 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

senor to one of your points this is typical action for a commodity in this case silver . http://www.zerohedge...r-silver-miners . mining production of silver plummets because miners cant mine silver and make a profit so , they slow production down , this causes less supply to be in the market. which then causes price to appreciate  which then causes more exploration and a top where production outstrips supply . for now though we are  at a price which mining silver is not attractive. i nibbled on some exk(not a recommendation or investment advice do your own due diligence. right now its your money).  next up for silver will be price appreciation.  its all a process.  

dharma

Dharma, the 1-12 hour charts all have 7 waves down (corrective) to the overnight low near 1250, and with the nice late session rally back just above 1260 I have to wonder if the correction has ended? we may soon see

Senor

Keep in mind we'll probably be disappointed with this rally failing,

Senor

Folks in this sector have been disappointed so many times that they've probably became immune to it.  It's now a part of being a gold bug.

#212 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:27 AM

senor to one of your points this is typical action for a commodity in this case silver . http://www.zerohedge...r-silver-miners . mining production of silver plummets because miners cant mine silver and make a profit so , they slow production down , this causes less supply to be in the market. which then causes price to appreciate  which then causes more exploration and a top where production outstrips supply . for now though we are  at a price which mining silver is not attractive. i nibbled on some exk(not a recommendation or investment advice do your own due diligence. right now its your money).  next up for silver will be price appreciation.  its all a process.  

dharma

Dharma, the 1-12 hour charts all have 7 waves down (corrective) to the overnight low near 1250, and with the nice late session rally back just above 1260 I have to wonder if the correction has ended? we may soon see

Senor

hmmm, gold now near 1266 in evening trading, if this rally holds it gets very interesting for the bullish case of a long awaited iii of 3, with wave 1 being the recent rally from 1205 to 12754 - almost $70, if and I stress "IF" a wave 3 is underway its length could easily be $100 or more, interesting times. Keep in mind we'll probably be disappointed with this rally failing, but at least I can say the possible "setup is there"

Senor

dont think so. this is going to be a doozy imo but not the 3

#213 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

lunacy prevailing! war markets are fast and they end just as fast. but in the interim i think we can tack on quite a bit to the price of gold . say 100 would not surprise me. so far exk is in the dumpster, but it does have hourly divergences, if they hold .  silver is gaining more than 2x the gains in gold  i do think the broad market finished an impulse.  hadik says it could be over for the broad market. marty is not selling anything(of course this is what got him in trouble last time) because he says you aint seen nothin yet.  good luck w/that

i remain focused on this sector  and i believe if you look at the fractal w/the 70s we are in 78 here. early , but it could be starting.  trumps biz experience  , from it he knows the debt can be made lighter by a weak dollar, and it seems that is the fall vehicle(guy)  my perspective is the dollar will get crushed over time. the usa has the distinction of being the largest debtor in history.  soon, as greenspan was saying the bonds could hit the skids. paying the debt sounds easy, but its a confidence game. 

we are approaching the point  where the rubber meets the road.  few have confidence in the present administration, and even fewer have confidence in congress. 

yes, gold has been disappointing , but my view has always been on 18-22  these years should see unraveling 

dharma

#214 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

well they sure tried to sell the miners off hard from the good up opening, now if we can come back and make new highs for the session in the miners I think we have something "real", lets see how it goes. added a bit on the pullback, now about 25% long and I really do like the strength in SLV here

Senor

#215 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

dharma

Senor

hmmm, gold now near 1266 in evening trading, if this rally holds it gets very interesting for the bullish case of a long awaited iii of 3, with wave 1 being the recent rally from 1205 to 12754 - almost $70, if and I stress "IF" a wave 3 is underway its length could easily be $100 or more, interesting times. Keep in mind we'll probably be disappointed with this rally failing, but at least I can say the possible "setup is there"

Senor

not sure if you understood "what degree" of "3" I am talking about Dougie. If bullish I would expect this to be a daily/weekly 3rd wave of a larger "3 or C" from the Dec. 2016 low (larger degree wave 2 or B), and that at a minimum takes gold above the July, 2016 high at 1375, after that we see what it could end up being

Senor

#216 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

dharma

Senor

Senor

Folks in this sector have been disappointed so many times that they've probably became immune to it.  It's now a part of being a gold bug.

and usually the more disappointment and longer/harder the wait the better the expected end result is - and its been extremely difficult in this sideways/choppy year so far. But is does appear prices are coming to a very important decision pt as the range has kept narrowing

Senor

#217 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

Yep after posting that I realized it is a matter of degree so thanks

dharma

Senor

Senor
not sure if you understood "what degree" of "3" I am talking about Dougie. If bullish I would expect this to be a daily/weekly 3rd wave of a larger "3 or C" from the Dec. 2016 low (larger degree wave 2 or B), and that at a minimum takes gold above the July, 2016 high at 1375, after that we see what it could end up being

Senor

#218 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

What will make you add here Senor?
A clear bo of gold LT chart?

dharma

Senor

Senor

and usually the more disappointment and longer/harder the wait the better the expected end result is - and its been extremely difficult in this sideways/choppy year so far. But is does appear prices are coming to a very important decision pt as the range has kept narrowing

Senor

#219 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

Thing is some of the bounce here is likely talk of nuclear holocaust

I know dollar and gold can rise together sometimes
But dollar still seems fly in ointment here unless both represent a ST a flight to safety and well they might

#220 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

Maybe I see what I want to see but I see a bull flag on the miners chart. Too steep to be a flag? Either way, it needs to power up now.