that is might impulsive looking on GDX

Cahnged my mind. this is a C

#573 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

senor w/you huge day.  

the skepticism will continue even as we head up , my guess until the highs are taken out , then the  genius' will appear

it amazes me bottoms are always the same . wait for the whites in their eyes. oversold , divergences, poor sentiment readings

so far so good. we need to see if it has legs.   the fed is hiking so when the next recession hits they have room to lower.  they send out the fed toys to deliver speeches to get the hoard thinking the way they want them to think and then they act. this was hardly a surprise . 98% chance of a hike by market participants.   no surprises. the surprises for the masses occurred in 28 comes to mind the fed head at the time called in a group of wealthy individuals told them of the feds plans to raise rates (joe kennedy was one of em)  and those individuals proceeded to short the market till it finally breathed its last in 29 and then the 90% collapse.   

as a contrarian , this was screaming for a bottom. was it the bottom and end of base building and tr???? lets wait and let the market show us . well begun is 1/2 done lets see if it has legs.  lots of economic and geopolitical stuff on the table.  18 will be a transitional year. 

dharma

love the skepticism

#574 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:12 PM

Would appreciate the best impulsive count on an hourly chart for GDX

#575 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:28 PM

Would appreciate the best impulsive count on an hourly chart for GDX

Dougie, we need more time to see what gets traded out from recent lows, looks impulsive so hopefully we get a solid 5 up

Senor

#576 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

Gold-30-min-8.jpg

#577 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

if yesterday's rally was the start of the final low should we have gapped up today at the open? instead we have an inside bar on the GDX and metals etc....  if this was really impulsive i think we should have blasted higher the second day follow through.  I know I am nit picking, but in this sector one has to

#578 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

for me this is way too early to draw any conclusions. there is simply not enough data ! one thing though, yesterday was a huge up day and the market has given little to nothing back that is always an encouraging sign.  after a decline at best we are in wave 1 which is still groping for footing. 

here think about this https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/13/turkey-calls-israel-a-terror-state-says-jerusalem-our-red-line.html  hadik has 18 as trouble for israel. well making jerusalem the capital fits that bill. back when jerusalem was controlled by the turks!

dharna

#579 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

I'm hoping today's (Thurs) morning weakness in gold and silver is a wave 4 pullback of the rise from the Tuesday low.

#580 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

I'm hoping today's (Thurs) morning weakness in gold and silver is a wave 4 pullback of the rise from the Tuesday low.

I actually think GDX/HUI/XAU all likely had nice 5-wave rallies off their respective low to yesterday's highs - easily seen basis 15 and 30 minute charts IMO

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 14 December 2017 - 11:52 AM.