emerging wave 3

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#281 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

Dharma, we appear at the real point of recognition (3 of bigger 3) in interest rates as they soar today after a big up move yesterday and this is with the Dow declining over 500 points! you have speculated for years about an eventual huge rise in RATES WITH GOLD and MINERS (late 70's fractal) and I now believe we are THERE. The last part is gold and miners rallying with rates whick we may be very close to - hugely interesting time frame!

Senor

senor we have retraced 50% in gdx and silver . this feels really bad. we are close to a low of c of 2 fo3 imo.  rising rates should not be that big a surprise, after all rates topped in 81(bond bottomed) and have in a bull market ever since that is 37 years , that is one long in the tooth trend.  now we just need the pm sector to put in a bottom.  i am getting prepared to buy back what i sold.  alan greenspan , remembering his ayn rand roots, said inflation will pick up later this year. my thoughts exactly,  i am in the stagflation camp for now, unless and until we have a hyperinflationary event.  powell takes over in a few days. he is not battle tested. will he panic?   yes very interesting time. not to mention the boatload of geopolitical stuff. and the dollar falling could kick off currency wars.  

bored hell no

dharma

SIL .618 was 31.20 and it went below 31 easily today. I think it has 5 up so it should bottom soon if correct, about 20% long here with an itchy trigger finger but being careful

Senor

#282 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

This week's gold COT analysis leans to lower gold prices next week but it is not extreme. Re the silver COT, the overall size of OI continues to trend toward record levels. I'd like to think this points to squeeze at some time in the future, but the GSR plunged this week so its not going to happen any time soon. If you aspire to own some physical gold, now's a good time to buy silver bullion and swap it for gold when the GSR is more favorable -- you can gain say 20% on the shift.

#283 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:02 PM

miners lead - up and down

shades of jan 16- at that time the miners collapsed. much like we saw on this present decline. however, some big cap names (gg and nem come to mind) are still up on the year. in that time frame , a similar situation occurred.  of course this market needs to bottom , do a 5 wave advance and then another pullback 1-2 fashion and then 3will be on deck.  lets see if that is how this plays out.  the gloom felt heavy on friday, which is what is needed

dharma

#284 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

imo we had a 5 wave move out of dec 12. right now i am calling this a wave 2 pullback 

time will tell the time segmented volume on the center is positive so that is a good sign

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#285 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

ABX had better hold support . Very important support zone

#286 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

ABX had better hold support . Very important support zone

yeah, we are at a point where miner prices especially need to hold or we could see a lot of stuff take out the Dec lows

#287 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

would be a great take down IMO just when folks were getting bulled up. Sentiment anyone?

#288 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:21 PM

sorry for the mixed up Color schems but bearish count here includes us now being in a C down to complete a 2 from the highs of 2016

#289 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:29 PM

Pretty convincing decimation in some silvers here: what a wave 2 if so.

#290 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:41 PM

more work to the downside