• 2,298 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:55 PM

BB.jpg

#292 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:49 AM

gold has not been trading that long , in the scheme of things. mid 70s on the comex. during that time rising interest went hand in hand w/rising interest rates. 

in 15 gold made what appears to be a low and a bottom. 16 saw prices rise.  in either a 1 or A  that wave corrected in either 2 or B . december of 17 saw gold put in another higher low ending either Bor 2 .  so the present set up  saw either a1 and now we are in 2 .  if 3 does not develop here , when wave 2 ends, then something else is at play.  there is alot of naked shorting of miners on the nyse, otc, and canadian stock exchange. australian miners listed only in australia have fared better as have the chinese miners only listed in china.  w/o going further afield here it seems to me the market is at a critical juncture , either 3 develops when this correction ends or something else is at play here , and the downside may not have fully expressed itself. since the 11 highs.  i am leaning to the bull camp, but the market must prove itself at this point. otherwise the bull side of this sector is dead money.  sure we can correct somewhat further here and not violate anything, but at a certain point its time to wait for the set up to express itself

dharma

#293 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:23 PM

saw the dow down -1500 at one point .   when does the fed panic????  will gold sniff that out. getting more and more interesting

dharma

#294 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

i am sticking with this is a wave ii unless the dec 12 lows are taken out . gdxj finished positive. i think we could see a real launch in gld fwiw 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#295 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

saw the dow down -1500 at one point .   when does the fed panic????  will gold sniff that out. getting more and more interesting

dharma

As posted in late dec. 2017 on my blog... vix should form a major low in April and now the bull flag has broken out today which looks set to rival the 2008 crash... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#296 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

dharma

As posted in late dec. 2017 on my blog... vix should form a major low in April and now the bull flag has broken out today which looks set to rival the 2008 crash... 

April? did you men a high in April or a low?

#297 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

i am sticking with this is a wave ii unless the dec 12 lows are taken out . gdxj finished positive. i think we could see a real launch in gld fwiw 

yes, it indicates to me the selling has about run its course. much like jan 16  at that time gold went up for a few days and then the miners started up.  weak hands dumped, programmed to dump along w/ the broad market. we are getting closer to the turn. 

dharma 

#298 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

yes, it indicates to me the selling has about run its course. much like jan 16  at that time gold went up for a few days and then the miners started up.  weak hands dumped, programmed to dump along w/ the broad market. we are getting closer to the turn. 

dharma 

HUI/Gold ratio made a new low yesterday since the big early 2016 rally whicj IMO was a huge 5 up. It "might be" in latter stages of wave v of a large diagonal triangle wave C of 2, interesting stuff

Senor

#299 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

I'm expecting the 8 hr spot gold neckline at 1329 to break. That projects to 1285  :( 

I trust you made a buck in yesterday's stock mkt plunge...

#300 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:18 PM

1290"should be supoort