emerging wave 3

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#311 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

this is a very troubling market right here for the bulls, if this is a wave 3 it should be clear cut its not. the miners have retraced almost the entire advance off the december lows. gold has retraced roughly 1/3 .  i believe that we bottom here by friday at the latest. then we see the nature of the rally.   

dharma

#312 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

this is a very troubling market right here for the bulls, if this is a wave 3 it should be clear cut its not. the miners have retraced almost the entire advance off the december lows. gold has retraced roughly 1/3 .  i believe that we bottom here by friday at the latest. then we see the nature of the rally.   

dharma

I don't think its "troubling" Dharma, extremely tough yes. But if you look at that 4-5 yr basing pattern in stuff like the GDX and others IMO we are at the far right side and IMO somewhat mirror image of the left side back in the second half of 2013. I think its going to be very hard to pinpoint a bottom here with some stuff holding above and other stuff going a bit below the Dec 2017 lows. I am GUESSING that GDX bottom somewhere between 20.50-21.50, take that FWIW

Senor

#313 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

dharma

I don't think its "troubling" Dharma, extremely tough yes. But if you look at that 4-5 yr basing pattern in stuff like the GDX and others IMO we are at the far right side and IMO somewhat mirror image of the left side back in the second half of 2013. I think its going to be very hard to pinpoint a bottom here with some stuff holding above and other stuff going a bit below the Dec 2017 lows. I am GUESSING that GDX bottom somewhere between 20.50-21.50, take that FWIW

Senor

the miners are tough call in here. fortunately i lightened up near the top, but i still have a sizeable position.  today gold/gld hit the 34 dma and is now below it, which  leads me to think by friday, we should have a bottom in place.  then we should get a better idea of where we are.  yes, we have built a big base in the sector.   no doubt.    thanks  for your input. i have been holding off buying back what i sold , its a slippery slope right now 

dharma

#314 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

dharma

Senor

the miners are tough call in here. fortunately i lightened up near the top, but i still have a sizeable position.  today gold/gld hit the 34 dma and is now below it, which  leads me to think by friday, we should have a bottom in place.  then we should get a better idea of where we are.  yes, we have built a big base in the sector.   no doubt.    thanks  for your input. i have been holding off buying back what i sold , its a slippery slope right now 

dharma

I remain cautious as well as I am less than 20% long and looking for markey action that "might" allow me to ge a lot longer

Senor

#315 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

i was convinced the advance from dec 12 was a wave 3 now i am convinced it wasnt. this is not wave 3 action. pullbacks sb shallow not giving back 

the whole advance. so good time to just watch 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#316 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:58 PM

a couple of points here gdx topped initially aug 12 2016 

feb 12 2108 is 18 months or 180 degrees of the circle  which is important

looking at sil you could say this decline since jan 24 is wave v of C 

the C wave having started sep 7 2017

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#317 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:39 AM

dharma

Senor

dharma

I remain cautious as well as I am less than 20% long and looking for markey action that "might" allow me to ge a lot longer

Senor

when you say might i listen. and wait.

Anyone buy DUSt at the recent lows; it was screamin BUY but i coulndt pull the trigger

#318 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:35 AM

Adding to longs around 1311 for a rally. Tight stops close to b/e.

#319 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

gold did hit key prev 4th wave support area in gold and are bouncing - very interesting. Also, and this is NOT short term timing stuff, but if they pass this completely irresponsible budget deal then I have to believe its another intermediate to long term positive for gold. After a huge tax cut now they are now talking about raising spending and removing previous spending limititations - un F'ing believeable! Sorry guys but I simply cannot believe (which says a lot!) what is happening, looks like when we finally "pay the piper" it's going to be July 4th fireworks on steroids. Just wow

Senor

#320 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:47 AM

gold did hit key prev 4th wave support area in gold and are bouncing - very interesting. Also, and this is NOT short term timing stuff, but if they pass this completely irresponsible budget deal then I have to believe its another intermediate to long term positive for gold. After a huge tax cut now they are now talking about raising spending and removing previous spending limititations - un F'ing believeable! Sorry guys but I simply cannot believe (which says a lot!) what is happening, looks like when we finally "pay the piper" it's going to be July 4th fireworks on steroids. Just wow

Senor

and BTW are you watching another big GAP N GO in TYX and TNX this morning? to more new interest rate highs, I ponder the increasinging interest payments as well and I do not think we've seen anything yet. I will likely do some very light buying on weakness today FWIW