emerging wave 3

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#81 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

my stops at this point are the last lows, i went aggressively long at that point . i still have 2 stocks on my radar which are in corrective mode. i am waiting to see if they hit points on my charts, which will trigger buys for me.until then all is quiet.  above 1400 and we break out of the tr. until then it could require more base.  using the 70s fractal,  i think 18 is a tremendous year for the metals.  i dont buy the latest theory that rising rates are bearish for gold. imo rising rates are an admission that inflation is rising and or 0 rates are not doing the job.   i have my largest position since 09  when i went all in and on margin.  if stops are hit i run  and start over again.

the miners are severly undervalued vs the metal  the fluff is completely out of them good prospects w/known good management teams are my focus.  i recently bought nsrpf for example. it is a unique find in aurstralia . the head guy is a well known entity. however their strike as was the case w/pvg does not lend itself to traditional metrics and ways to measure the extant of their find. so, the market does not understand that and as a result the price has corrected substantially , which has given me an opportunity to get on board. at the denver gold forum in september they did a live video of prospectors using geiger counters and pulling nuggets out of the ground by hand.   i am still a buyer as the correction may not have completed.  it is a wide range around the 200dma.  gold will shine brightly. in 18 

i may have to start drinking margaritas to keep company w/senor. right now though my attention is on the unfolding  of this subwave.  as we head into chinese new years buying . i expect gold to be well bid

dharma 

#82 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:48 AM

Thanks EHW; it's surprisingly low.

#83 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

when folks realize inflation is in the cards, diamonds, which are also a store of value will be a place to be. i have followed this small n/american diamond miner for awhile now . it has pierre lasonde as a big shareholder.  i had mentioned it here some months back. it is +45% today. olvrf.  this is not investment advice   i full expect this stock to go well over $2  this is a risky stock. so this is not investment advice. if you want to keep your money do your own research

dharma

many many commodities will show big price appreciation.  chose wisely  food stuffs will do very well too

#84 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:31 PM

Broadening top hourly GDX?

Just a consolidation, the uptrend line is intact so far.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#85 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:55 PM

I see rates getting cut late2018

#86 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

any one know what happened to rgld today ?

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#87 EHW

EHW

• Traders-Talk User
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

any one know what happened to rgld today ?

$RGLD:  Royal Gold receives operational update   (86.73 -0.92)
The company announced that due to a lack of sufficient water resources, mill processing operations at the Mount Milligan mine in British Columbia, Canada have been temporarily suspended. Centerra reports that there will be adequate fresh water available to restart mill processing operations at partial capacity by the end of January 2018 and at full capacity after the spring melt, typically in April.

I bought a small position this morning.

#88 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

yeah that is a temp blip imo

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#89 EHW

EHW

• Traders-Talk User
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

yeah that is a temp blip imo

Canaccord downgraded it as well, cut PT to 99 from 109, Canadian dollar.  

#90 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

chinese new year buying continues. gold and miners overbought.  there will be normal corrections we have risen 60 so far and a correction seems due.  i believe , based on past chinese new years they continue to buy into their new year in february. 

not inclined to do much but enjoy the ride.   the fed is backed into a corner . if they continue to raise rates at some point that will slow business down. if they stay here or lower the dollar gets hit  and gold will soar. there are inflationary pressures on the economy.    so many spinning plates.  gold looks good here having just broken out of a wedge pattern.  as the tide of inflations asserts itself managers will come to the miners for protection.  and they already are.   2018 is the year it starts to come together.  

dharma