1292 replies to this topic

#401 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:41 AM

Russ:  " For now I have a probable low for about August 25. Double top today. "

----------------------

That is a clever date, Russ. Exactly 21 years from the $252 bottom.

Interesting Smithy,  I just spent a few hours working with a programmer from Greece trying to get my Tradestation coding translated to run on Tradingview, it's part way there but still can't get magnet drawing on the oscillator as Tradestation allows, so it is harder to place the lines, have to strain my old eyes more. wink.png  I am having data download compatibility problems with tradestation which has to run on windows 98 or NT. Anyway after after grinding away for a few hours this is what it's looking like (btw da_cheif aka cheifios lol says cycles are lining up and expect volatility soon around the fed meeting, I told him so a few weeks ago and he said WRONG - WATCH THE SKY!  - Ha.) The low may be nearer the friday on the 21st but could carry over into the next week. Perhaps the 4th wave pull back Dougie mentioned for GDX. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#402 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 02:40 AM

I have run the oscillator on several gold charts,  I did not draw these lines the computer did, all of the various gold charts are pointing 

to around March of 2024 as a major high, which looks like it could be around 3500 per ounce based on how much it went up from 1999 until 2011. The only gold charts disagreeing are the futures which are pointing at around Oct. 2022 for a big high, is it possible there will be the first big high in 2022 and then the final high in 2024? The huge monthly candle this July is highly likely to be tested, big moves usually tested as MA has stated before.

Possible the 2011 high was the large degree wave 3, late 2015 was the bottom of 4 and the final 5th will show up in 2024?

Edited by Russ, 30 July 2020 - 02:46 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#403 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:16 AM

emini sp futures are pointing to the same time period as gold for a low, around august 21-24. 

#404 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:08 AM

BTW I have to at least consider that the GSR bottomed a huge and beautiful 5 down at recent lows, that was a GSR decline from 128 to 75! If we see a significant retracement by just eyeballing I could see a rally to the 95-100 area plus or minus a bit, just some things to keep an eye on. Maybe we won't correct nearly that much but IMO we"might"

Senor

#405 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:14 AM

Max confusion morning.   

Plat at the precipice, silver looking spooky, gold looking OK.... and all of this is WITH Euro rallying.  

#406 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:31 AM

BTW I have to at least consider that the GSR bottomed a huge and beautiful 5 down at recent lows, that was a GSR decline from 128 to 75! If we see a significant retracement by just eyeballing I could see a rally to the 95-100 area plus or minus a bit, just some things to keep an eye on. Maybe we won't correct nearly that much but IMO we"might"

Senor

Yea Senor - it has that look for sure:

http://schrts.co/MreexyZh

#407 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:41 AM

@dharma i know you have been talking about a banking crisis

potential head and shoulders  top in the dow jones utilities

and time segmented volume on the financial stocks looks horrible fwiw 

sure looks like they are headed lower  to me

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#408 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:47 AM

Max confusion morning.   

Plat at the precipice, silver looking spooky, gold looking OK.... and all of this is WITH Euro rallying.  

no "confusion" at all IMO, nice nearer term wave patterns, extreme overbought conditions and extreme sentiment leading to the expected correction, now the key is how far down and how long, that's more of a tough one at this time IMO

Senor

#409 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 10:00 AM

Max confusion morning.   

no "confusion" at all IMO, nice nearer term wave patterns, extreme overbought conditions and extreme sentiment leading to the expected correction, now the key is how far down and how long, that's more of a tough one at this time IMO

Senor

I just flattened out of my gold and silver futures position from low 1700s and sub 20s.  Im still bullish, but expecting a significant 1-3 day selloff to shake out some of our newer longs.  its probably 60/40 odds that we blowoff another high tomorrow, so I should probably have a small portion still long here.... but I'm a coward. giveup.gif

Looking forward to a continued bull market over the coming months.   bull.gif

We are on and have been on the same page trade-wise.  I just happen to be frustrated I didn't take the short yesterday......  

But, just like you, Im not sure where this is going to bottom, so I think its fair to say we both are confused or else we would be making a bolder call.  But to be fair, you also trade a longer time frame and probably need to be less precise due to leverage issues.  No disrespect at all, if that comes off in tone,  congrats on your trading this year.

Edited by CHAx, 30 July 2020 - 10:05 AM.

#410 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 10:10 AM

Max confusion morning.   

Senor

I just flattened out of my gold and silver futures position from low 1700s and sub 20s.  Im still bullish, but expecting a significant 1-3 day selloff to shake out some of our newer longs.  its probably 60/40 odds that we blowoff another high tomorrow, so I should probably have a small portion still long here.... but I'm a coward. giveup.gif

Looking forward to a continued bull market over the coming months.   bull.gif

We are on and have been on the same page trade-wise.  I just happen to be frustrated I didn't take the short yesterday......  

But, just like you, Im not sure where this is going to bottom, so I think its fair to say we both are confused or else we would be making a bolder call.  But to be fair, you also trade a longer time frame and probably need to be less precise due to leverage issues.  No disrespect at all, if that comes off in tone,  congrats on your trading this year.

From my standpoint one can "over trade" and really get screwed up - that is why I NEVER even attempt to short what I believe is an ongoing Bull Market! I have learned that for "me" what works best is trading around a CORE long position, I lighten up when I think a correction/pullback is due and therefore get my trading "ya ya's" satisfied as well. 

Senor