Photo

what the hell, out on a limb. the 1850ish low marks the bottom of this correction. the next leg higher begins now

• Please log in to reply
1426 replies to this topic

#61 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 01:30 PM

Bull flag on the dollar index is breaking out,  I don't see how gold is not going to go down more with this happening. 

Keep in mind, there are times when this correlation beaks down

#62 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,604 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:25 PM

russ i dont remember , i do remember it getting to 10 but i dont remember if that was the low reading or when it occurred

i cant say we bottomed yet , but there are green shoots.  and the fallout from the election could be big , no matter who wins

dharma

#63 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:59 PM

yields are jumping bigly. 

will PMs benefit more from blue wave or from status quo?  

I'm thinking georgia turns blue, and texas and ohio barely red.

high turnout could mean a landslide and blue sweep.

media credibility aside, what's different now from 2016 is the turnout.

there's almost no one not engaged in this election, whether blue or red.

the full moon this weekend and turmoil tuesday, it could mean wild swings early next week?

#64 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:23 AM

russ i dont remember , i do remember it getting to 10 but i dont remember if that was the low reading or when it occurred

i cant say we bottomed yet , but there are green shoots.  and the fallout from the election could be big , no matter who wins

dharma

Okay thanks Dharma.  Stu, do you have a chart of the gold - dollar index correlation over the years? I could not get tradingview to

display it correctly.   Off topic:  Some investment letters are touting the next huge thing, anti aging technology, take a pill and become younger and live for hundreds of years. Stockgumshoe thinks they are talking about Unity Biotechnology on Nasdaq which took a hard fall recently when another drug test for something else did not work. Dr. David Sinclair from Harvard Medical school already has a program to slow aging using NAD boosters (he got the equivalent of a 70 year old mouse to beat a 20 year old mouse on the treadmill and it lived longer too using NMN to boost NAD, resveratrol and metformin (diabetic drug) , diet and exercise things

too.  https://investingnews.com/daily/life-science-investing/genetics-investing/top-anti-aging-stocks/  https://www.stockgumshoe.com/reviews/technology-opportunity/stutmans-1-stock-of-this-generation/comment-page-1/  

Dealing with aging and it's associated degenerative diseases is a huge industry, multi trillion dollars world wide, which ever company pulls this off will put many others out of business. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#65 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:35 AM

Some divergences are showing up on the gold stocks now... https://stockcharts....id=p41421259024

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#66 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:53 AM

nov 3 nov  is the 89 90 day time frame

from the top in gld fwiw

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#67 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:02 AM

nov 3 nov  is the 89 90 day time frame

from the top in gld fwiw

ganman, what does this mean relative to price expectation?

#68 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,604 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:37 AM

dsi 

gold=16

silver=19

when folks sell stocks they put their money in dollars and this puts pressure on gold now the dollar gold relationship is inverse, but there are many times when the inverse relationship does not work. that is a fact few people really understand gold and what it really is.   when folks start selling their rocket ships , tesla, apple faang etc and come this way . the whole sector is worth than apple stock.  ithe folks who mine gold will see their stocks soar. some of the majors have raised their dividends and some mid tiers are now offering dividends, which they say is sustainable even @1200 gold! .oil is the major expnse for miners and it is in the gutter. 

i cant tell you when , the election could throw a wrench into the picture but the dsi is saying  advisors have turned negative on gold 

and yet the solution to the  downturn will be to print more money

investors want instant gratification

dharma

#69 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:39 AM

Russ, here you go.

10-30-20-GDXADP.jpg

#70 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:49 AM

dharma

Stu, do you have a chart of the gold - dollar index correlation over the years? I could not get tradingview to

display it correctly.  

Russ I do, but it is proprietary to a service I subscribe to, sorry