Likely a Top Here

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,582 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 09:31 PM

Interesting comments, think I'll add to my short then lol!! 

#12 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 10:32 PM

I am thinking the market is saturated with shorts. That will be the fuel for a fast advance to ridiculous high's.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#13 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,030 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:41 PM

I am thinking the market is saturated with shorts. That will be the fuel for a fast advance to ridiculous high's.

I see it's just the opposite.

Of course falling from a top needs an initiator, let's what tomorrow's WWW will present ..........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 09 February 2021 - 12:46 PM.

#14 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 06:38 PM

Of course falling from a top needs an initiator, let's what tomorrow's WWW will present ..........................

That's just it. There is no bad news on horizon. 

Yellen is a money printing machine.

Congress & Biden talking bigger stimulus & More stimulus checks arriving soon.

Covid vaccine is the silver bullet and extremely popular. Seniors are waiting in lines to get it.

No hot wars in sight.

Bitcoin is near 50 thousand!

Interest rates on savings & CD's are negative after tax and inflation subtractions.

There simply are few places to spend surplus discretionary money right now except stocks & Bitcoin.

For the market frenzy to end needs a catalyst. What will it be?

Edited by pdx5, 09 February 2021 - 06:43 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#15 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,030 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 07:02 PM

That's just it. There is no bad news on horizon. 

Yellen is a money printing machine.

Congress & Biden talking bigger stimulus & More stimulus checks arriving soon.

Covid vaccine is the silver bullet and extremely popular. Seniors are waiting in lines to get it.

No hot wars in sight.

Bitcoin is near 50 thousand!

Interest rates on savings & CD's are negative after tax and inflation subtractions.

There simply are few places to spend surplus discretionary money right now except stocks & Bitcoin.

For the market frenzy to end needs a catalyst. What will it be?

The stock market has been fully priced for the Biden's 1.9 trillion stimulus.  However, it has been hyped for so long that it's no longer a fresh dish.   Because of it both SPX and NAZ daily have reached to the top of the wedge developed since last Oct/Nov ..........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 09 February 2021 - 07:06 PM.

#16 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 09:50 PM

Yes, I am fully aware the market is not just fully pricing in the stimulus, it is overpriced by any measure. Like 20% over priced compared to top in 1929. But few look at actual price/earnings now. Earnings hardly matter. It is the glamour of stock. GM sells 20 times more cars than Tesla, yet Tesla stock value capitalization is 11 times GM capitalization. 

I would not try to short a parabolic market.

Take me for an example. I simply have no place to park my money for a guaranteed positive return. And I am running out of things to buy and spend money on. My favorite vacation of 7 day cruises 2 to 4 times every year is shut down. Travel is a b*tch in Europe and most cities in USA. We bought a brand new and bigger house 18 months ago. It came with all the upgrades and extras, so I can't spend money on upgrades. We have 2 good cars running like a clock with me taking care of them ( I have masters degree in mechanical engineering). Should I start eating caviar for breakfast? I don't even like caviar. I prefer scrambled eggs with grated Mexican cheese. So only place left is stock market. I bet there are many folks in the same boat as me. That is the only thing which can explains this crazy market.

#17 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:25 AM

Wish I hadn't been reading this forum last week when there was top calling, or I guess like every week there is top calling lol... but I let it get to me that time and missed out on a bunch of money yet again.  I'm just going to do what I said I was and wait for the Fed to say they are going to ease before I consider being bearish except if a specific company is really asking for it. 

#18 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,030 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 10:02 AM

Wish I hadn't been reading this forum last week when there was top calling, or I guess like every week there is top calling lol... but I let it get to me that time and missed out on a bunch of money yet again.  I'm just going to do what I said I was and wait for the Fed to say they are going to ease before I consider being bearish except if a specific company is really asking for it. 

More likely the Fed is going to say when to stop easing ................

#19 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,030 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 10:21 AM

Not a top?  Then what is a top?

https://ycharts.com/...sp_500_pe_ratio

#20 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,030 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 10:38 AM

Not a top?  Then what is a top?

https://ycharts.com/...sp_500_pe_ratio

Edited by redfoliage2, 10 February 2021 - 10:39 AM.