Photo

Man I get tired of doing all the work around here.

LOL!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 06:17 PM

Gas.jpg

As DaCheif would say: "U R Welcome"

Today's News:

WEEKEND: AIR TRAVEL BOOM
GAS HITS 7-YEAR-HIGH

My forecast:

Rogerdodger Posted 18 December 2020 - 12:43

This will take some fuel too: Planning a trip for next year? You’re not alone.

"Leisure travel in 2021 is going to be thunderous.”

"masses of travelers in the summer of 2021 are expected, with a swell expected to stretch into the end of the year and beyond."

“We are taking an unprecedented amount of business now for 2022 “It’s just amazing how far in advance people are booking.”

"A travel executive that sells cruise, villa and resort vacations says “I think it’s going to be thunderous.”

Oexchaos Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, I think I'd want to be long gasoline.

Rogerdodger Posted 04 February 2021 - 10:13 PM

Bill pushing Biden to declare national climate emergency: 'We are out of time'

"to redirect military funds to build clean energy systems, marshal private industry for clean technology manufacturing, generate millions of high-quality jobs and finally put an end to dangerous crude oil exports."

Rogerdodger: Posted 20 April 2020 - 05:17 PM

U.S. crude oil futures for May plummet to minus $37 — lowest price in history

2 months ago I thought that UCO at $10 was a deal. Today it closed at $1.35

From April's $1.35 to today UCO "topped off the tank" at @ $66!

UCO.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 27 May 2021 - 06:32 PM.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 06:30 PM

SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of ProShares Ultra Bloomberg Crude Oil - UCO

NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / September 28, 2020 / Pomerantz LLP is investigating claims on behalf of investors of ProShares Ultra Bloomberg Crude Oil ("UCO" or the "Company") (NYSE:UCO). Such investors are advised to contact Robert S. Willoughby at newaction@pomlaw.com or 888-476-6529, ext. 7980.

The investigation concerns whether UCO and certain of its officers and/or directors have engaged in securities fraud or other unlawful business practices.

[Click here for information about joining the class action]

In early 2020, oil demand fell precipitously as governments imposed lockdowns and businesses halted operations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Moreover, in early March 2020, Saudi Arabia and Russia launched an oil price war, increasing production and slashing export prices in a bid to increase the global market share of their domestic petrochemical enterprises. As excess oil supply increased and oil prices waned, the facilities available for storage in Cushing, Oklahoma approached capacity, ultimately causing a rare market dynamic known as "super contango," in which the futures prices for oil substantially exceed the spot price. At the same time, retail investors began pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into UCO in an attempt to "buy the dip," on the expectation that the price of oil would rebound as economies exited lockdown periods and the Russia/Saudi oil price war ended. Because of the nature of UCO's investment strategy, these converging factors caused UCO to suffer significant losses and undermined UCO's ability to meet its ostensible investment objective. Nevertheless, rather than fully disclose the known impacts and risks to UCO as a result of these threats, the Fund instead opted to conduct a massive offering of UCO shares, ultimately selling billions of dollars' worth of UCO shares to the market. On March 6, 2020, the Fund announced a public offering of up to $5,123,657,025 in UCO shares via a Form S-3 Registration Statement filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "March Offering"). After the March Offering, UCO quickly deteriorated, as the Fund suffered billions of dollars in losses and was forced to abandon its investment strategy. Through a series of investment overhauls, UCO was forced to transform from the passive ETF an actively-managed fund struggling to avoid a total implosion. In April and May 2020, UCO belatedly acknowledged the threats and adverse impacts that the Fund had been experiencing at the time of the March offering, but which they had failed to disclose to investors in a timely manner.

Edited by pdx5, 27 May 2021 - 06:31 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 06:43 PM

"oil demand fell precipitously as governments imposed lockdowns"

So should we sue UCO or the government?  LOL!

(Maybe the Chinese government?)

;-)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 27 May 2021 - 06:48 PM.

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:55 AM

Gas.jpg

As DaCheif would say: "U R Welcome"

Today's News:

WEEKEND: AIR TRAVEL BOOM
GAS HITS 7-YEAR-HIGH

My forecast:

Rogerdodger Posted 18 December 2020 - 12:43

This will take some fuel too: Planning a trip for next year? You’re not alone.

"Leisure travel in 2021 is going to be thunderous.”

"masses of travelers in the summer of 2021 are expected, with a swell expected to stretch into the end of the year and beyond."

“We are taking an unprecedented amount of business now for 2022 “It’s just amazing how far in advance people are booking.”

"A travel executive that sells cruise, villa and resort vacations says “I think it’s going to be thunderous.”

Oexchaos Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, I think I'd want to be long gasoline.

Rogerdodger Posted 04 February 2021 - 10:13 PM

Bill pushing Biden to declare national climate emergency: 'We are out of time'

"to redirect military funds to build clean energy systems, marshal private industry for clean technology manufacturing, generate millions of high-quality jobs and finally put an end to dangerous crude oil exports."

Rogerdodger: Posted 20 April 2020 - 05:17 PM

U.S. crude oil futures for May plummet to minus $37 — lowest price in history

2 months ago I thought that UCO at $10 was a deal. Today it closed at $1.35

From April's $1.35 to today UCO "topped off the tank" at @ $66!

UCO.jpg

Here's the sad thing. I saw this coming. I talked about this coming, and instead of loading the boat, I stuck to my knitting with the S&P.

LOL!

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 08:43 AM

UCO YTD Daily Total Return 82.08%

But if Trump got re-elected, where would UCO be? 

I certainly would not want to gamble with a huge chunk of my money in such speculative situations.

SPX on the other hand was more dependable and has nearly doubled since March-2020. 

I really do not need 82% gain in my overall portfolio at age 81. I won't be able to spend it all before kicking the bucket LOL 

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 10:22 AM

Here's the sad thing. I saw this coming. I talked about this coming, and instead of loading the boat, I stuck to my knitting with the S&P.

How many times have we all said that!

But I will say that I immediately filled up my 30 gallon tank with that $0.98 unleaded!

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 04:27 PM

Vegas is back.

Social Distancing is GONE!

And I guess this took lots of gas and jet fuel to get there this weekend!

PS: Masks are still required on air travel, but some don't want it!

From Apr. 8 to May 15, there were more than 475 passenger misconduct incidents on Southwest flights alone.

“I believe most of the problems are pandemic related, and the wearing of the masks has been a constant challenge for flight attendants to enforce.”

VIDEO: Flight attendant’s teeth knocked out by passenger

Vegas Live CAM LINK

Vegas-Memorial-Day-Weekend.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 May 2021 - 06:09 PM.

#8 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 12:12 PM

Gush went up even more.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#9 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:21 AM

Massive volume breakout today.

oih.jpg

#10 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:24 AM

nbr.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LOL!