BOUNCE & PLUNGE: waiting for the last dance & for the music to stop

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#21 steadyquest

steadyquest

• Traders-Talk User
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:27 PM

Am thinking this decline began for everything on the 13th.  Did something happen that day to kick it off?  Is it simply a tantrum for the fed?  Don't expect it to go much lower from here without first letting some steam off.

New FF targets

(exact values are magenta)

QQQ2.png

QQQ.png

INDU2.png

INDU.png

VTI2.png

VTI.png

#22 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,437 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 06:31 AM

I think QQQ will test that 315-320 zone 

Am thinking this decline began for everything on the 13th.  Did something happen that day to kick it off?  Is it simply a tantrum for the fed?  Don't expect it to go much lower from here without first letting some steam off.

New FF targets

(exact values are magenta)

QQQ2.png

QQQ.png

INDU2.png

INDU.png

VTI2.png

VTI.png

#23 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,437 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 06:33 AM

https://www.marketin...llan-oscillator

#24 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,846 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 08:04 AM

Watch 160 level on AAPL and 900 on TSLA after the open...

If those get taken out, bounce into Fed "Nonsense Words" may not come, and we could instead enter full on crash mode....

Leaning towards bounce here, but if AAPL and TSLA start printing long red hourly candles out of those falling wedges, full helmet protection will be required...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#25 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,846 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 08:11 AM

Meanwhile, Crytos like BTC and ETH continuing merrily along on their journey through the "Crash Window"

How much longer until the Stock indexes join in???

eth.png

Edited by K Wave, 24 January 2022 - 08:12 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#26 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 08:26 AM

Meanwhile, Crytos like BTC and ETH continuing merrily along on their journey through the "Crash Window"

Crypto didn't have the buyback blackout just end today like for some major index components.

#27 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,437 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 08:28 AM

Despite 6 straight red days for #ES_F, "sell the bounce" took no time to start back up with overnight bounce failing. Was looking for 4320-30 & en route Plan today: Unless ~4385 recaptures 1st, looking to 4320-30 then good bounce. That fails & ES may see Feb 2020 style drop

#28 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,437 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 08:37 AM

Adding QQQ, INDA on this drop; no XLF as yet

#29 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 08:49 AM

Oh, crypto also has a big fundamental issue coming up potentially with Biden threatening an executive order in regard to crypto. Probably will be a buy the news event whenever it comes out, probably just about taxes or something.

#30 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,582 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 08:55 AM

Well this is interesting to watch, surprised were down this much this morning but doubling down to bring my long to 4399.  The market is overreacting a little here for an initial downturn but I'm remembering when I said last November that the cash S&P would need to fill that gap around 4370 and its looking to do that this morning already and we may even have a gap down to fill lol!!  I know its hard to believe but markets don't go straight down, bull or bear so I'm sure we'll be finding a bottom somewhere around here in the next few days!