Final Painful Leg Down: FED, Russian Default... Recession Fears

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 09:44 AM

Markets are hostages to the Global Political and Economic situation. In 99% or more of the time, the markets manage to navigate itself through and out of all these Global crises - from serious to minor.  Mark's Traders-Talk.com and FF have rightly not allowed politics to be the main topic of discussion here. Many - almost all of us - have respected this policy and we must continue to do so. 
I am now going to post here my opinion on the current GLOBAL CRISIS that may be too political for some but I am sure the Moderators and all or most of us will accept this is a rare case where the MARKETS are almost totally captive to the current GLOBAL CRISIS and therefore we need to accept this reality until it is over. 

1. The UKRAINE crisis took a turn for the worse since Friday and has brought the world closer than ever - or at least since the Cuban Missile crisis - to a NATO/US military war with Russia et al. The bombings near the Polish border last night was an escalation that has made the world a vastly more dangerous place from this morning. The effect on the markets - especially energy & commodities, as well as Equity & Bond indices/rates - can be extreme e.g. huge drops and swings etc, trading suspended etc

2. The attack on the US Consulate or building in ERBIL by entities from IRAN has made the situation even worse. 

3. As the situation worsened during the week I decided on Friday to be almost NET FLAT with the only high risk position being 10 ARKK CALLS that can at worse be reduced to ZERO worth with maximum loss being the premium paid for those calls

4, It is quite possible the situation will reach such a risk level that the FED WILL NOT RAISE RATES. Yes, this is possible. 

5. In this heightened crisis environment, I will reduce trading or not trade unless small positions with double or triple STOP LOSS LEVELS. But, note that STOP LOSSES are not guarantee for  exiting trades that can result in catastrophic losses. 

I hope the above is understood as my brief analysis above of the effect of the global crisis on the markets & trading are accepted as NOT PURE POLITICS or taking sides but a well-intentioned post that may be useful for some. 

#12 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 10:53 AM

These traders seem to think it's all bullish: https://www.ig.com/u...end-wall-street

Dow up 225 points at this edit.

Edited by hhh, 13 March 2022 - 10:56 AM.

#13 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 12:22 PM

These traders seem to think it's all bullish: https://www.ig.com/u...end-wall-street

Dow up 225 points at this edit.

Rusty chart looks like one more little back test bounce in the cards perhaps for Monday morning.

And if the Friday lows go after that, then could be big trouble.

Above 2020 again, and would start to think differently.

If we come out of this upside, still believe Rusty will lead it.

But the big throwover on Friday looks fairly ominous at this juncture...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#14 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 12:35 PM

I read this thread and watched some news this morning expecting to see -200 to -300 at the link I posted. I definitely expect at least a good bounce if all that bad news and sentiment got them all bulled up. The not so reliable Fear & Greed Index (well, it is CNN) is also just about bottomed out: https://money.cnn.co...d-greed/?iid=EL

#15 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 12:53 PM

I read this thread and watched some news this morning expecting to see -200 to -300 at the link I posted. I definitely expect at least a good bounce if all that bad news and sentiment got them all bulled up. The not so reliable Fear & Greed Index (well, it is CNN) is also just about bottomed out: https://money.cnn.co...d-greed/?iid=EL

When that Fear Greed got to that level during covid drop, price was only about half way down....bottomed out at Zero...now that was a great buy signal.

We are definitely close time wise, but the last wave down can be brutal in terms of price...should it materialize...

This type of action very often ends in a total panic wave, and we have not seen that yet....perhaps it gets avoided, but not willing to bet on that just yet...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#16 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 03:16 PM

"Nothing happy going on here"

I like to read Mike Burk's weekly summation of MARKET TECHNICALS.
Technical Market Report For March 12, 2022

Here's my summation of his summation: swoon.gif

51117a00de7d3.jpeg

Technical Market Report For March 12, 2022   New lows continued to run at very high levels.
OTC HL Ratio has been in negative territory for over 3 months.
NY HL Ratio reversed its upward its upward spike of the previous week and moved deeper into negative territory last week.
NY NH turned downward after a little tease a week ago.
Nasdaq data. Nothing happy going on here.
NY NL has been dancing around crash levels for over a month.
OTC NL is a tease.  The last confirmed low was over a month ago, but, although it's low, the levels remain crash worthy.
There is no relief in sight. 

Edited by Rogerdodger, 13 March 2022 - 03:26 PM.

#17 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 03:48 PM

"Nothing happy going on here"

I like to read Mike Burk's weekly summation of MARKET TECHNICALS.
Technical Market Report For March 12, 2022

Here's my summation of his summation: swoon.gif

Technical Market Report For March 12, 2022   New lows continued to run at very high levels.
OTC HL Ratio has been in negative territory for over 3 months.
NY HL Ratio reversed its upward its upward spike of the previous week and moved deeper into negative territory last week.
NY NH turned downward after a little tease a week ago.
Nasdaq data. Nothing happy going on here.
NY NL has been dancing around crash levels for over a month.
OTC NL is a tease.  The last confirmed low was over a month ago, but, although it's low, the levels remain crash worthy.
There is no relief in sight. 

POR could be when AAPL and TSLA let go...as I have been saying for months now....

Like slow motion train wreck up until now...impact could be just about upon us...

Edited by K Wave, 13 March 2022 - 03:50 PM.

#18 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 03:59 PM

Again...The crash window on TSLA is humongous after the bubble run....

Nearly everything else with a bubble run has come down.....

Is Monday the day, as TSLA peered over the edge on Friday???

It does look like a classic last gasp above 800...now just need confirmation with a long red one

tsla.png

Edited by K Wave, 13 March 2022 - 04:01 PM.

#19 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 04:18 PM

Shopify gives a good example of what could be ahead for TSLA if it lets go here...a gazillion charts out there that similar to this...just waiting on the Big Boys now..

shop.png

#20 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 04:21 PM

AAPL also nearing the edge... Below the 24th low likely kills it dead...

aapl.png