"BULLS LARGE IN CHARGE" vs "time to sell stocks and de-risk portfolios"

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#21 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:30 AM

168 looks like the level bears have to reclaim on AAPL to have a shot at a roll back over...

If it does not happen soon, then the insanity can continue....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#22 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:32 AM

there goes 105 on crude...

see if bulls can step up and hold it before it goes over the falls

Edited by K Wave, 28 March 2022 - 08:33 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#23 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:50 AM

Whew very slow start for me today as I had a terrible sleep so up most of the night, finally dragged myself out of bed.  Good news its been fun since skiing on Friday!  Although this isn't official as it was while I was skiing, right when I got up to the hill my short at 4520 saw me take profits at 4513 for a 7 point profit and then I resold at the close for the weekend.  After the pop on Sundays open I added to it for an average short of 4530.  It really seemed like we were going to sell off hard so I was surprised when the market came back and I was profit stopped out of that for 5 points.  Went to sleep with a short of 4525 but when I woke up at 2 I started to add again and now my average short is 4535 as we start the cash session.  10-year yield hit 2.50% wow.  Oil is down but I don't think it has much to do with russia anyhow, I think its just the poor sentiment that is out there that d mentioned.  This market is stuck in a trading range and will be for awhile as I mentioned and were now getting to the top of that range.  Calls are getting pretty pricey up here so even if we do go a bit higher its going to get tough to hold those gains as the market is also pretty overbought here moving so far so fast even with the random down days.  Should be another fun week of trading I think!!  

#24 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:57 AM

More watching than normal busy trading this morning. especially after 9am

Looks like they are selling the rallies, so far, since last night

Whew very slow start for me today as I had a terrible sleep so up most of the night, finally dragged myself out of bed.  Good news its been fun since skiing on Friday!  Although this isn't official as it was while I was skiing, right when I got up to the hill my short at 4520 saw me take profits at 4513 for a 7 point profit and then I resold at the close for the weekend.  After the pop on Sundays open I added to it for an average short of 4530.  It really seemed like we were going to sell off hard so I was surprised when the market came back and I was profit stopped out of that for 5 points.  Went to sleep with a short of 4525 but when I woke up at 2 I started to add again and now my average short is 4535 as we start the cash session.  10-year yield hit 2.50% wow.  Oil is down but I don't think it has much to do with russia anyhow, I think its just the poor sentiment that is out there that d mentioned.  This market is stuck in a trading range and will be for awhile as I mentioned and were now getting to the top of that range.  Calls are getting pretty pricey up here so even if we do go a bit higher its going to get tough to hold those gains as the market is also pretty overbought here moving so far so fast even with the random down days.  Should be another fun week of trading I think!!  

#25 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:58 AM

2nd hedge already up 130

adding 5 QQQ PUTS 

SPY lagging a bit .. waiting

BUSY night & morning! I hesitated, want to wait, but the system demands it:

2nd NQ hedge long 14755 opened

Maybe it will again be another profitable hedge since I want to add PUTS if NQ rallies

TESLA 1068, up more than 5% on news/rumors it may SPLIT  

Will place limit orders for PUTS but not rushing into before 11am. Patience required for these high flyers

UVXY slightly up now as NQ drops, will add more CALLS on rallies

NVDA slight up but will not rush into this one with new PUTS

GDX & GLD  --- have not traded these in a while, will consider CALLS. JUNE or later

NAT GAS nearing 6, will consider shorting above 6

#26 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 09:10 AM

Ya that's what I'm noticing to.  Should go much heavier but still feel a little out of it need more coffee lol!!! 

#27 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,032 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 09:23 AM

I see a pullback is in the cards ......................

#28 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 09:29 AM

Copy cat lol!! 

#29 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 09:39 AM

Hmmmm resisting but profit stop 4534 but will sell right above.....

#30 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 09:48 AM

Yay, out for a 1 point profit and starting my new short rebuild at 4540!!