Photo

Advantage BULLS -- Insane Market on Edge!

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#41 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 02:53 PM

I'd expect the March lows will be revisited in the 2nd quarter ................................

BTW, the stock market goes up today with breadth down.......................

#42 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 02:59 PM

Average short now 4566, was hoping for more volatility but healthy markets always move on fumes and hopes and prayers.....

#43 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 03:03 PM

So exciting everyone's on board!!  Average short 4560....

how long do you think you will hold your short position ? Is it a matter of a couple of days or something bigger than that ? Thanks.....pleased I' m on the same boat a few others here have taken

I guess you havn't been following my posts.  I've been trading both long and short daily for over a year now without a loss, all posted on here.  I add to my position until I can get even a 1 point profit when the market finally turns.  Think the longest position I had on was a short for a few weeks but otherwise it can go within minutes, hours sometimes a few days.  As I like to say, the market never goes up forever and it never goes down forever in all time frames.  My main trading platform though is selling futures S&P500 option premium.  Mostly have calls sold on this cycle but would love to add some puts but it hasn't happened yet. 

I didn' t follow your positions because I think you are a day trader like most people here, while I' m a position trader (few weeks to few months) focused just on stocks. I was curious about the time lenght of this short position of yours, in order to understand if you have expectations to hold your position for a longer time than just a few points. Great job however with your results.....it's fantastic 

Awww no I'm not a day trader, just do it for fun once in awhile but then as I started posting trades on here I thought I'd see how long it would be before I had a loss but knock on wood none so far!!  My position on the market though is that it will mostly sideways all year with maybe a slighter higher high but could still see a -20% low but either way will not be straight either way but more like grind grind grind!! 

#44 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 03:04 PM

Average short now 4566, was hoping for more volatility but healthy markets always move on fumes and hopes and prayers.....

https://abcnews.go.c...ory?id=83831517

#45 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,796 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 07:07 PM

RISK ON, early in APRIL, increasing SHORTS

Closed the 3rd NQ HEDGE LONG earlier today, posted 

added back QQQ & SPY PUTS

Rebuilding large SHORT position

---

Closed 2nd ES HEDGE LONG +110.25  a few minutes ago

Holding 1 ES HEDGE LONG  (opened at 4631 !)

2 NQ HEDGE LONG

72 SPY PUTS

84 QQQ PUTS

25  UVXY CALLS

4 APPL PUTS
5 ARKK PUTS

#46 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 07:36 AM

Good morning all, pajama traders came through last night getting me filled at 4575 bringing my short average up to 4568.  We are right around there now and until we fall back a bit more I'll then place my profit stop.  Think the volatility may increase a bit more today as we get closer to earnings reports, interest rates are backing up again and oil continues to rise.  Gonna be an interesting cash open....

#47 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 08:34 AM

Was putting my profit stop on at the open for 4565 and was hit quick for a 3 point profit but back in starting my short build at 4570....

#48 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 08:42 AM

SOX wiped out all yesterday gain..early warning??

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#49 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 08:48 AM

Well that was easy to get an average short of 4575 lol!! 

#50 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,419 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 08:50 AM

Rusty futs  gettin' Da Finga look to it...

Under 2090 again and may be one too many failures at 2100 attempt

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy